Hey guys,

I wonder which game is your personal GOTY this year? It's only 2 months until 2019 in which great games such as Resident Evil 2 Remake, Trials Rising, Metro: Exodus, Crackdown 3, Devil May Cry 5 and Shenmue 3 will be released!

My personal GOTY 2018 is definitely Yakuza 0. Surely, titles like Final Fantasy XV, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Two Point Hospital have also been pretty addictive but I'm really overwhelmed with Yakuza 0. I didn't think that I'd ever play a game on par with Shenmue 2. No wait, it even surpasses it.

So guys, what's your personal pick? Maybe it's even an upcoming game like Fallout 76 (Please no), Hitman 2, Darksiders 3?

Hope you had a great Halloween!

Cheers.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Was 2018 a good year regarding games for you?

View Results
Most definitely.
Kinda.
It was okay I guess.
I'm undecided.
Could have been worse.
Wasn't that much of a great year tbh.
I hated 2018!

My GOTY is Spiderman. Rich details, nice combat system, epic campaign and probably the best Spiderman game ever released. I love the first one on the PSX, but Spiderman ps4 is definitively great.

But overall 2018 wasn't a memorable year, the first half had barely any GOTY-worthy games aside from God Of War and, maybe, Phantom Doctrine. 2019 seems an improvement overall, with those many releases. Metro Exodus, Kingdom Hearts 3, Anthem, Ori Will of the Wisps, Devil May Cry 5, Control and Days Gone. Not to mention that The Last of Us might come at the end of the year.

5 years ago

Oh yeah, Yakuza 0 easily my GOTY as well.

View attached image.
5 years ago

i've must have played around 10 games from 2018 and not anywhere close to AAA.
With that said, Yoku's Island Express was the best one by far.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Definitely Railway Empire

Came out in January, had so far three not too pricey and meaningful DLCs and has great continuing support.

I came in late, just recently, when all the kinks were already worked out and I'm very happy to see that Railroad Tycoon 3 has a worthy successor. This is a very rare case of doing it right when it comes to reviving an old franchise.

The controls however are not sufficiently explained in the tutorials and you'll definitely need to watch some YouTube-guides (e.g. by Adekyn) to optimize your network or maybe even make it work at all.

Acutally, I think I'll just copy-paste this as my Steam review now. :)

5 years ago

Don't think I've played a single one yet. Will know in couple years.

5 years ago

CrossCode for me, I've owned it for a while but just started seriously playing through it now that it's come out of early access.

5 years ago

5 years ago

I actually managed to play not a single release of 2018 although they are in my library..... Kind of sad. :(

5 years ago

siralim 3

lets vote already for 2019: Metro Exodus or Mount and Blade Bannerlord if it gets released lol

5 years ago

im trying to think of games i played and honestly I cant really think of any that stood out. so checking yes life is strange before the storm was this year (that i played this year) so that game. I really cant say much about anything else I played but I loved that especially the music. It did come out last year but with the dlc it didnt fully come out until march of this year

5 years ago

Kingdom Come Deliverance

5 years ago

Red Dead Redemption 2 by a country mile.

But if we're only talking PC games, Kingdom Come Deliverance.

I haven't played too many games from 2018 though so it's a small list to choose from. Still intend to play AC Odyssey and Shadow of the Tomb Raider at some point.

5 years ago

Dragon Quest XI. Pre ordered it for PS4, spent nearly 100 hours playing it to get all the trophies.

5 years ago

In this regard 2018 is quite empty for me. I love watching things like The Game Awards or BAFTA, last year there were many outstanding contenders, but this year I only really see one game worthy of calling it a GOTY (God of War) and one "Indie GOTY" (Celeste). Pretty disappointed :/

5 years ago

Self-bumping without any shame at all

5 years ago

Dead Cells maybe? I'm not sure, this year I missed a lot of stuff...

5 years ago

Diablo Mobile.

5 years ago

That's blasphemy! :O

5 years ago

lol

5 years ago

where is potato for vote?:P

5 years ago

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Far Cry 5
Red Dead Redemption 2 (no PC release so far?)
God of War
Spiderman 2018 (no PC release I don't think)

5 years ago

3 Games come to mind. Kingdom Come Deliverance, FF XV Windows Edition and the new Tomb
Raider.

I picked Kingdom Come as GOTY in Steam

5 years ago

Red Dead Redemption 2 by an absolute mile. It manages to top even the first game - which is still fantastic even now, 8 years later.

Honourable mentions to:

1) Yakuza Kiwami 2 - far superior to Yakuza Kiwami (it uses the new engine).
2) AC Odyssey - built upon the very solid foundations of Origins.
3) Kingdom Come Deliverance - immersive but accessible.
4) Marvel's Spider-Man - best superhero game since the Arkham series.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.