Hello:

Till this day i still use the "Nokia 1100, the problem is i need bluetooth now so i can connect it to the car and not kill mself answering it or having to pull out of the road to answer.

I want bluetooth and be able to lsten music in it, the rest is an extra. So looking for a Display port on Deal Extreme i looked at the Mobiles there just for curiosity and foun this phone "DOOGEE VOYAGER DG300 for 100 dollars which would be mi top amount to spend on a phone.

Now the thing is i dont even know what all that means, is it a decent CPU and RAM ammount for a phone? As i said i dont expect much from it and i know i can upgrade the space to 32GB, more than enough to stuck it with music (and supports flac).

What do you think, will do its job and will survive at least 2 - 3 years before exploding?

Also how safe is to buy a phone from Deal Extreme?

Any suggestion or alternatives?

Thank you for your time!

Have some free keys, please let people now which key you have taken!:

Civilization V (Steam):

Used.

Populous (Origin):

9Z8G-NM83-S2UG-MVVT-PMJ6

Mirror`s Edge (Origin):

F9S2-7QZ9-SFA7-2NQ8-AEM3

Mirror`s Edge (Steam):

Used.

Cheers!

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

YES FINALLY I AM THE NINJA! Got Civ 5 thank you so much!

Edit: no idea about DealExtreme

1 decade ago

Got Mirror's Edge (Steam) thanks alot! :)

1 decade ago

I'm no expert on phones, but I heard that Samsung's phones last fairly long.
Also, a dual core and 512+MB of ram seems more than enough; especially for fairly basic needs.

1 decade ago

You know that the problem of using the phone while driving is not holding it with your hand, but focusing on it instead of driving, right?

1 decade ago

If i use it is very shortly, less that 1 minute generraly and very ocasionally. Where i live is mostly countryide, so i have only one direction to look at, and the near city is not very big, not much distraction there.

1 decade ago

Deal Extreme is awesome!
...for little tech gadgets. I don't think I'd buy a phone there.

1 decade ago

Agree with this, not sure about phones...

1 decade ago

Bump

1 decade ago

It's not really that good of a phone. Only 512 MB of RAM. I suggest finding a better brand.

1 decade ago

Only? For that price? Specs are good (except screen colors), the problem is with quality.

1 decade ago

Man, don't. Never buy Chinese electronics, unless it's developed by good company. It will be shitty quality, cheap plastic, most probably not even properly fitted, it will creak and break soon. And wait for reviews, never buy anything from DX without reading them, most of their stuff is cheap shit.

For 100$ you can buy very good used phone. I bought used Sony Ericsson k810i 5 years ago for 120$ and it still serves me well.

1 decade ago

Actually you can buy them alright and have a great time with them, if you know what you're doing. But usually it comes with at least some sad experience and several hundreds dollars wasted, until you are okay in the fine art of picking Shenzhen gadgets right :)

1 decade ago

I would advise against buying phones from DX, though you certainly could look at, say, some trusted AliExpress sellers. Don't ever buy strangely named Chinese phones, but by all means look through the actual Chinese brands, like Zopo, Jiayu, Amoi or Haipai for example. They make really powerful gadgets that still could be sold cheap, and their quality got actually pretty damn good in a couple of last years. Also, they more often than not come pre-rooted and with no restriction on hardware options (like, say, OTG, which is being locked out on many brand phones these days).

$100 is pretty low, I'd say go for a phone in $150-$180 range for the best price/quality (my sis for example is very happy with her $150 Neo002i) with IPS display and everything, but you still can get a Lenovo A630 or something like that, for example. For myself right now, I'd buy something with a good battery and screen like probably $250 Gorilla Glass Jiayu G4.

Last year I actually had a chance to experiment with quite a few of Chinese devices, both no-name and branded, and described some of the more interesting experiences on my website, but it was mostly tablets then and it's in Russian anyway :)

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by InvasorKazz.