http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ea-sought-to-buy-valve-for-1-billion-report-6394880
http://steamunpowered.eu/ea-wants-to-buy-valve-for-1-000-000-000
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/177395/Newell_Id_rather_see_Valve_disintegrate_than_sell_out.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

So apparently EA tried to buy a company which is worth 3 billions for 1 billions. A company that has had a grown of 200% year after year since it's creation. A company that it's worth more that his, which has had millionaire losses the last years.

I think it would be more realistic that Valve was trying to buy EA before they kill themselves. What do you think?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

If that transaction did happen i would have quit PC gaming all together (not joking here)

1 decade ago

I wouldn't buy EA if I had money. It would be too difficult to change anything, regarding shareholders and company's business behavoiur. I like Valve's business model much better. No shareholders, no debts, no offices aroung the world and small amount of employees make Valve one of the most successful companies in its league.

1 decade ago

Cuz heroes never surrender. They rather die! Yay, Gabe. I'd kiss his feet if I could.

1 decade ago

Apparently it didn't quite work out like this at all, rumours
edit: Oops didn't realise someone mentioned this above

1 decade ago

reasons of why EA sucks

1. secuROM
    which makes you install only 5 times(fu**)
  2. fu**ing expensive
1 decade ago

ikr bunch of bs ey

1 decade ago

Silly EA. Valve might buy EA someday... :P

1 decade ago

I am not surprised that EA would honestly try this.

I love ya Valve!

1 decade ago

Typical, EA trying to control the market. First trying to compete with Steam using their inferior origin service and completely ruining the game experience of several games. Secondly trying to "BUY" steam lmfao.

1 billion only? Perhaps they've never heard of Steam. What a joke, they're on the sinking ship, NOT Valve.

1 decade ago

EA did not offer $1 billion; talks never progressed that far.

1 decade ago

Something started this little rumour though. I don't think of EA any differently.

1 decade ago

missed to comment here, now did, thanks.

1 decade ago

Who cares ...

1 decade ago

the almighty gods of the internet do

1 decade ago

How Intel would buy Amd troll lol :-)
we do not need, we need monopolistic competitors,
but I don't need EA :-)

1 decade ago

Imagine if they had bought out valve. Half life 3 extneded cut.

1 decade ago

Knowing EA though, It would be rushed, buggy and probably only be called extended because it included a few dlcs that should of been apart of the game. ;)

1 decade ago

If EA would buy valve it would be horrible..
Imagine "Half life 3.you play as Gordon freeman a scientist from black mesa discovered a portal to the land of the alien spieces, then the reapers return to our galaxy to destroy us all,Gordon Freeman while he was on that place delayed them from coming sooner,and in a big explosion the time froze and a mysterious man who calls himself G-man(rumors say his hanging out with a someone hawke, a grey warden and a witch of the wilds)and he saves you teleporting you in a train,which you arrive in the future where the reapers (known as combine cause nobody believed freeman since all the evidence of black mesa was gone) have control of the earth but Gordon Freeman TALKS (with multiple choices in a circular option panel) with his former friends from the lab and becomes a part of a rebel group,he can choose who he travels with against the forces of the combine ,the Dog a powerful cyborg dog,Alyx a sexy agile chick (you can dance with her in a club on district 9 but gordon freeman sucks at dancing since he learned to dance from a commander but thats another story)and lamarr a headcrab,then he travels around earth collecting fishes and rocket models for his apartment doing favors who random strangers who then sent a mail thanking him... theres also an easter egg which you can "work" in Community service picking up cans"

yeah im just THAT bored while waiting for a game to get patched :S

1 decade ago

OOH and lets not forget the wonderful DLC which adds PORTAL GUNS and an exciting new companion a lab rat who got away from a secret base from the reapers.
after that we got other DLC for alternative clothes to wear!

1 decade ago

And the DLC to be premium on HL3!

1 decade ago

Imagine if that happens. Portal 3 would be the same as Portal 2 but just with "awesome" perks for portal gun that makes you overpowered. Cool. I think I would not like that. :)

1 decade ago

Iron sights for the Portal gun NAO!

1 decade ago

NO, FUCKING EA.

1 decade ago

Just a word steam is a part of valve, steam worth 9 billion dollars so that's a bad deal

1 decade ago

Just fucking funny :D

1 decade ago

if EA Buys Valve and they refresh Everyones Steam Account I WOuld Go To The Goverment.....

1 decade ago

Valve is usually pretty slow to bring out new games, but most of their games (even though they're small in number) are usually big successes.

EA... whenever I think of EA I think of Sports for some reason.

1 decade ago

i dont think steam would sell it for anything. they make way too much money. and ea would ruin it

1 decade ago

Oh my god. I still believe that there are mentally special people working at EA.

And someone here said EA and VALVe should work togehter. NO WAY! EA is destroying one game after another ( Dead Space, Mass Effect, prob. Plants vs. Zombies 2 aswell) Imagine if they could put their words in on Valve games... In less than a year all what Valve has created would be filled with shit DLC's, Pay2Pay shit, shit story's, shit everything.

However if Valve would buy EA amd fire all those dumbfucks, who for example try to buy Valve... then maybe.

1 decade ago

You do realize that EA is Valve's publisher for console titles right?

1 decade ago

TF2 on consoles still vanilla. without any updates.

1 decade ago

Which would be Valve's fault not EA's. EA is a publisher nothing more on that. Valve is the peep's in charge of that patching system and they have repeatedly displayed disgust in Microsoft's policy's for update's on the 360. One reason why then placed more emphasis on bringing Steam across to PS3. That and Sony saw an opportunity when it was in front of them.

1 decade ago

its microsoft's and sony fault. EVERy update must be lisensed, and its quite timecost process. Thats why games on consoles hardly get any updates ever. Sry for bad english, im kind of ill and cant think straight D:

1 decade ago

Yes and no with the license. Yes they need Sony and Microsoft's sign off pm each update/dlc release but Sony allow's unlimited free updates and don't cap the size of any updates whereas Microsoft give's one free update, then charges for each after that. They also cap the size of any updates. Hence why team's like Dice have gotten around the limited size update by releasing update's as Required DLC for free. They still pay a fee to release it but a DLC pack has more higher caps. (Look at Battlefield BC2 as a perfect example).

1 decade ago

Valve = good

EA = bad

1 decade ago

They didn't actually send an offer to Valve. EA just estimated Valve to be worth 1 Billion, and Gabe just replied that he would not sell out. NO OFFER WAS ACTUALLY MADE.

1 decade ago

Epic fail ....

1 decade ago

I could've sworn I heard that EA was going under not long ago... If that's true they're getting desperate.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by DrHouse.