Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

v8.9.0 - When using the GA extractor, it eventually causes SG to block my account because of too many requests. It loads about 70 GAs before it gets blocked. Is there any setting to avoid this?

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

I don't touch it after starting extraction and it still ends up blocking my account. I remember talk on here about rate limiting the queries when doing an extraction, and I thought that was already implemented, but maybe they changed the block criteria since then. There are also some rate-limiting parameters in ESGST but I think it was said that they don't affect the GA extractor (or didn't at the time).

2 years ago

It seems the limits still aren't implemented for the giveaway extractor but like flubmeister already mentioned if you disable Endless Scrolling for Giveaway Extractor and wait ~2 minutes before extracting the next 50 giveaways it should work.

2 years ago

Ahhh, there are so many options for ESGST... I'll turn that off and see how it goes, thanks for the clarification!

2 years ago

Most importantly; click the gear icon in the extractor and make sure you check "Only extract from the current giveaway onward." Otherwise it will always go through every link and hit the maximum real quick with long trains or other type of events.

2 years ago*

Wasn't there once an option that added two buttons?

Extract every link and extract only onward.

Anyone knows if that was removed(well yah it was :)? But can it be enabled again somehow?

2 years ago

Like Corran said you have to open the options once you've opened the giveaway extractor and set it to only extract from the current giveaway onward. It's the button in the top right with a gear on it next to the extract/extract more/re-extract/cancel button.

2 years ago

I assume that option will ignore all GA links that don't have link text of "next" or similar. This is a good option, but I believe it will miss any GA links that are not explicitly "Next"-type, such as an extra GA in the OPs description or any GAs posted in the comments of one of the GAs (although I'm not 100% sure that comment GAs are looked for at all).

2 years ago

I'm not sure if it explicitely ignores links marked 'Back' or if it only uses links marked 'Next'. Should be easy enough to test though. Or maybe rafaelgomesxyz is around to answer this.

2 years ago

It uses customizable text search, adjustable in the settings.
forw|more|next|onwards?|►|>|→

So yes it probably miss others that are not labeled that way.

But I'm not sure if there is a fallback, like use the latest link found on the page.

This example from the community train works for me: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/rK8Z2/inbetween-land with only onwards enabled.

2 years ago*

I suppose it's also possible that it only ignores the "back" links or only follows the "next" link on the first page (the page you click the "GA extractor" link on), and then just treats all other pages as normal.

Of course if any of the GAs from then on have a link to a GA that is earlier in the train, then that would defeat the whole "only forwards" thing...

2 years ago

please tell me how to hide GA for games that I already own when viewing GA in a group

2 years ago

I am not sure what you mean by "viewing GA in a group" but normally you need to sync your owned games, activate Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and Owned and set the filters to hide all owned games.

2 years ago

thanks, it helped me

2 years ago

Is there an easy way to paste all keys and mark as sent, when you did not provide the keys on GA creation?

https://i.imgur.com/eOPh5ael.png

2 years ago

How do i turn off the goddamn descriptions popping every time i enter something

2 years ago

There is no option for that and as far as I understood it won't be added.

2 years ago

I answered the same question a month ago. You can't disable them completely but you can reduce them somewhat.

2 years ago

Thank you for help

2 years ago

This is SO confusing my head hurts

2 years ago

Bump and thank you so much for your amazing work.

While I have like 3 or 4 suggestions one I find quite important.

User Stats on Demand
(I really like them but) they are quite expensive and noticeably slow down my browser, sometimes quite hard.

It would be great if this could be turned into an on demand feature, for example with the Refresh (current) page button or the Multi Manager.
Last would also be great to target only selected users.

Thank you

2 years ago*

the info when you hover a user's name/profile picture ? if that is it then you can change it to only load on click here: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=cl_ui

2 years ago

The extra info on the giveaway entries pages, blacklist, whitelist.

2 years ago

ohh, this https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=us ?
yeah that would require rafael to implement such a feature, you could make it not run on some places if that helps but not run on demand right now.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Hey,
I have 2 issues.
Not sure if related:

Issue #1:
I don't have the "ESGST" button in any of the giveaways pages. Nor does ESGST functionality works for me there.

Issue #2:
SteamGifts gets stuck for me, when ESGST is enabled, when I load some pages.
Some pages usually work ok. For example: Wishlist giveaways, or DLCs. Or discussions.
And some pages freeze on load 100% of the time.
For example: this pages always freezes for me: https://www.steamgifts.com/group/6HSPr/qgg-group
Main page (https://www.steamgifts.com/) sometimes freezes, and sometimes doesn't.
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it started a couple of months ago. (maybe related to the SteamGifts API call restrictions)

2 years ago

"Game Categories > Rating" option only shows recent reviews, how to make it show all reviews? Because if there are no recent reviews nothing is shown. That's not so useful.

2 years ago

Same here.

2 years ago

I had to reboot my computer recently. I don't know why, but that always requires me to delete and reinstall the ESGST extension before it will function again. Normally it's just a pain and I can get my settings back fairly easily but this last time, 8.2 Game Categories seems to have stopped working. Every game listing or page gets the spinning hourglass and I can leave it for hours without anything actually updating.

I've tried everything I can think of: sync everything, check permissions, check my API key, deactivate/reactivate the function, deactivate/reactivate the extension, reboot my browser, even cleaning old data, but nothing works. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Why isn't there a way to turn of the pop-up description for a giveaway after you enter it???

View attached image.
2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

It doesn't work, I've already tried it. That's why I wrote in here. There is no excuse why it shouldn't be added as an option, as there are many other irrelevant options put in ESGST...

2 years ago

start reading here and go onward: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/TDyzv/extension-userscript-enhanced-steamgifts-steamtrades-esgst-v887/search?page=88 the TL DR is: it was an option at some point and it probably won't ever be an option again.

2 years ago

Thanks for that it´s really good :)

2 years ago

Funny... Has been a long time I can't sync groups... Like really long time. Is this a common problem?

2 years ago

Works for me. I'm using Firefox.

2 years ago

I must be doing something wrong... I tried different configs, tried new windows, tried everything. Still no sync since a year ago I think.

2 years ago

Beside the addon you could use the user script version - not sure how the installation works - maybe that works?

2 years ago

Going to try. Definitively worth a try...

2 years ago

Same result, unfortunatelly. Group sync is permanently unavailable for me.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

I never heard about these defunct groups before... I'm currently trying to avoid group sync because they can't sync. All tries were on the sync button (the recycle one). This is the first thing I do when I install ESGST for the first time. It isn't about the time though. I often get the "too much connection" error when I try to sync groups here. Since I tried several times in different hours of the day, I'm really out of the option. Is there an log where I can visit to find what is happening when syncing? This feels like an error, not caused by me, but caused by steam or steamgifts...

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Erro no mapa de código: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
URL do recurso: moz-extension://5a02cc6f-7629-4dcd-b1db-63a4d7c7aff1/lib/browser-polyfill.js
URL do mapa de código: browser-polyfill.min.js.map

This is the error that always happen. Next line is some random group link (active group, no defuncts so far).
Still have no clue what is causing this problem...
Edit: "USP is not accessible" appears twice before the message above.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Thank you very much! :D

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Any word on Android versions for different browsers? Brave maybe?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Never used it but there was a beta version some years ago:
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/FmD0p4o

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Just got recommended this tool. This is a life savior, but still, need to test it out, just got it.

2 years ago

am i being stupid again or does this not work with brave? i installed tampermonkey first as i was told to do a few years back and nothing works :(

2 years ago

2 years ago

Is or rather how is there some way to analyze script activity in Firefox?

Some pages like entries, gifts sent / won slow down my browser enormously up to freezing for a while.

Each page needs to do 25 requests for user stats or groups, maybe another 26 to load the next page but that does sound like a reason for heavy cpu load for such a long time.

-

In the network tab I see that the group are retrieved with great intervals between, still the page lags, sometimes.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

if you are using the script version, try migrating to the addon version, it should be faster.

2 years ago

My Mac mini decided to die on me and I had to reinstall a lot of things... Is it possible to copy all the extension's data over to my browser user folder? I'm using Chrome on Mac but I'm not sure where everything is located.

I had been using the extension for a while and it's very useful and it has like one jillion configuration options to tweak with. I've been using it on a single computer but I was wondering if it's possible to share (or sync) the data acquired by the extension with other computers using the extension (mainly data that needs scrapping and is cached, like user information, notes, tags, bl/wl information,..).

Also, thanks a lot for making this extension!

2 years ago

You can backup to a cloud service on one computer and restore to another computer but that's a manual process, no sync for now.
Regarding how to transfer data from your old google install, copying the Mac equivalent of "C:\Users\marlop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna" from the old install to the same place on the new install should work I think.

2 years ago

the whishlisted games label are working?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

What permissions? 8-33 and 33.1 on already and nothing

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Worked now, thx man

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Deleted

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

how do you make trains using it please - i did it once on my old laptop but forgot how? i was using chrome then and now mainly use brave , if that is the problem - thanks

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

thought i'd tried that - well later today or maybe Saturday i'll give it a shot thanks

btw what browser do you use?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Is there any way to inspect lists which ESGST maintains? Like wishlists, entered GAs etc.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

I know about the backup, thanks. But I thought there's some UI. Digging through a several megs json file of unknown structure isn't what I wish too much.

2 years ago

Experiencing a bug on Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (x86_64) on macOS Mojave version 10.14.6
ESGST loads on SteamTrades and the discussion list of SteamGifts, but it does not load on the giveaway listings of SteamGifts. Last time I saw it working was sometime yesterday.

Update: I left a tab open for a few minutes. ESGST eventually loads after a page has been open for a minute or two. That's a bit too slow to be useful though.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.