Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Can someone tell me how the filters work?
I want to filter my ignored games, i dont get how to make new presets for the filter

2 months ago

Turn this toggle on https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gf_ignored
Then set it to "Hide All" in your filters

2 months ago

don be an asshole like me: do rate and review this

1 month ago

Hello. How can I remove this info and leave just game title/points?
https://imgur.com/a/8NfOClw

1 month ago

1 month ago

Looks like that's it. Thanx.

1 month ago

My God, there is so much in this expansion, my head is spinning. But is there really no dark mode?

1 month ago

For dark mode, you can try Dark Reader extension.

1 month ago

Hello, and thank you for the great add-on!
Can I ask how to remove the left side panel(browse, my giveaways, ad) with selectors?

And I searched both the thread and the options, but unless I missed it, is there a way to change the size of the icons next to the game name (steam store link, media, search, hide) and maybe the join giveaway button?

3 weeks ago

For the left side panel, you can use .sidebar.
If you want to keep the search box, use these selectors .sidebar__heading, .sidebar__navigation, and .pnqyc.

To change the size of the icons you can use Stylus or uBlock Origin add-on.
Below are the filters for uBlock Origin, first is for the icons, next is for the join giveaway button.
Please change the number of pixel (px) to your liking.
steamgifts.com##.giveaway__heading .fa:style(font-size:14px !important;)
steamgifts.com##.esgst-giveaway-panel .esgst-button:style(font-size:13px !important; line-height:32px !important;)

3 weeks ago

Works like a charm!
Thanks!

Can I also ask about the giveawayheadingname and the nav menu font size?
I am trying to make a better mobile experience, and it works like a charm!

3 weeks ago

For giveaway heading name, you can use this filter rule in uBlock Origin:
steamgifts.com##.giveaway__heading .giveaway__heading__name:style(font-size:16px !important;)

For navigation menu:

steamgifts.com##.nav__button:style(font-size:11px !important; line-height:29px !important;)
steamgifts.com##.nav__row__summary__name:style(font-size:11px !important; line-height:15px !important;)
steamgifts.com##.nav__row__summary__description:style(font-size:11px !important; line-height:13px !important;)
steamgifts.com##.nav__absolute-dropdown:style(width:275px !important;)

Since you're using mobile, how about the unofficial SG client?

3 weeks ago*

Thank you!
I was trying to use
www.steamgifts.com##.esgst-fh .fa:style(font-size:40px !important;)
But it was not working exactly as I wanted it.
No clue about CSS...
Now that I known how to use the uBlock filters, I can make more modifications!

I cannot use the unofficial app unfortunately :(

3 weeks ago

I'm sorry. I missed the dropdown. I added 3 new rules to my previous comment.

3 weeks ago

Thank you again!

3 weeks ago

I can not bookmark giveaways, a few hours ago I could. Could anyone confirm?

3 weeks ago

Just tested it, i still can.

3 weeks ago

Strange, I could bookmark giveaways at home PC, but I can not bookmark at work on my laptop. Saturday it was fine. Thanks for testing it.

3 weeks ago

I just had an upgrade from ESGST, and it still bookmarks.

3 weeks ago

Thanks for reply, all good now.

3 weeks ago

Currently having the same problem described here, but the posted solution is not working for me

3 weeks ago

I don't have any problem syncing my games/wishlist. Could you share any error that you have in the browser's developer console (F12)?

3 weeks ago

welp, I went ahead and tried to replicate it... and now it worked. I dunno why. It said the last sync was a month ago, and any manual attempt to sync would just fail. Not anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I could think I did was to clear my cache, but that didn't immediately fix it either, maybe it just took a while to actually do anything, I don't know.

3 weeks ago

Maybe Steam is having a hiccup while you're syncing your games, that could explain the failures. Good that it works now.

3 weeks ago

I've been having an issue the last few hours where any page I open on steamgifts brings me to the auto-sync page and it keeps failing to sync my no-cv and reduced cv games. Using the extension not the script.

I cleared my cache, closed browser (firefox) and re-signed back into steam/steamgifts and its still happening. any suggestions?

Screenshot of error message on sync page: here

Thanks!

3 weeks ago*

It is an issue with the server

3 weeks ago

Ah ok thanks - so I just need to wait it out.

3 weeks ago

Happy cake day

View attached image.
3 weeks ago

did you solve the problem?

I also have a problem Sync

• Failed to sync reduced CV games. *
  • Failed to sync no CV games. *

because of that in me

• Synced Whitelist 3 months ago. *
1 week ago

No since it was mentioned as a server issue I just figured I had to wait.

The extension creator has a post further down this thread that says they will be fixing it soon - fingers crossed :)

1 week ago

Today everything was fixed, now it works correctly 💪

1 week ago

[BUG] I'm using an advanced filter with a filter on "game tag" (a personal tag that I add by hand game by game) and I have to pause then re-pause the filter every time I refresh the page for it to be taken into consideration.

2 weeks ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks ago

Hey guys, just a quick update on the server: I had to temporarily shut down the database on AWS because they dropped support for an old version of MySQL, which I was using, and the costs increased by over 400% - so I filed an appeal, which they accepted, under the condition that the database had to be terminated. The good news is that I have a backup, so I'll be able to restore everything eventually. The bad news is that it may take a while until the appeal is sorted and I can restore it (maybe another week or so). So anything that relies on the server will fail until then (I thought I had implemented fallbacks so things could keep working, although slower, when the server is down - but maybe I didn't or it's not working properly).

1 week ago

what about the looming manifest v3 deadline?

1 week ago

Oh God, I forgot about that. I'll try to get it done next month.

1 week ago

Good to see you back. Ya I noticed the server 500 error whenever I tried to update my local cache. Then to see it missing when I checked more closely. No problem now that I know what's going on. I think I checked this thread daily to see if there were any updates. lol. :)

1 week ago

Yeah, my bad, I should've mentioned it sooner.

1 week ago

Thanks for keeping it alive!

1 week ago

No problem, even if I can't actively maintain the extension like I used to, I'd like to at least keep it working.

1 week ago

Thank you so very very much for maintaining this! Also, thank you for the explanation as to why certain syncing things (no cv games, and friends) aren't working. I was afraid it was something on my end.

1 week ago

When can we expect a new version release? The last one was in October 2022.

You have made some updates in July last year, but still didn't release it.

1 week ago

I know, I need to release a new version soon, I'll see if I can do it before the end of this month.

1 week ago

Database is back: https://esgst.rafaelgomes.xyz/api/info/timestamps

But it will be a few hours until all the data is updated.

2 days ago

Excellent news! Thank you for all your work rafael

2 days ago

Anyone know why this check is only returning 3 pages of entries?

View attached image.
View attached image.
22 hours ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.