Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Well, the other option is not related to tagging games, but to filtering games based on the tags, so I think it makes sense to have it under Giveaway Filters.

Here is another idea to help link stuff together. On the description you have "Name, Link, Enable/Disable, What does it do ?". How about adding a category "related options", then you add the name like "filter giveaway by game tag" and the link to the option ?

4 years ago

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear - I know what the color coding is. That's expected behavior, telling me that ESGST is successfully modifying the display of the extractor output. However, it's missing the category label overlays.

Here's an image, with description describing each clip. The top image is from the main SG homoepage, showing that the category labels are appearing there. The middle one is from the Giveaway extractor, showing that they are not appearing there. The bottom one is the giveaway page for the circled game from the extractor, showing the the labels are appearing there.

The category label overlays were working in the extracted giveaway lists prior to yesterday

4 years ago

Same here: after GAs creation, it never modifys descriptions to create Previous/Next links, but keep running...
I'm using the Chrome extension, here the console error:

Uncaught (in promise) ReferenceError: parseHtml is not defined
at n.<anonymous> (esgst.js:40)
at l (esgst.js:32)
at Generator._invoke (esgst.js:32)
at Generator.forEach.e.<computed> [as next] (esgst.js:32)
at n (esgst.js:1)
at o (esgst.js:1)
at esgst.js:1
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at n.<anonymous> (esgst.js:1)
at n.<anonymous> (esgst.js:40)

Hope can solve soon... thanks!

4 years ago

The pop-up description when joining GAs from the main page (https://www.steamgifts.com/) with the "Enter" button (2.11 feature), does not show up after you have hidden a GA (2.20.1 Feature).

4 years ago

The latest version is v8.7.0. You can check it in the heading button, as you can see in the image below. Yes, you need to put the code that you can get by clicking on the "Generate" button in the description of the giveaways. And you also need to toggle the "Create train." switch. Everything should be explained in the tooltips.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

You're welcome!

For 1 and 2, use Element Filters. The description of the feature shows you what filters you have to use to hide the featured giveaway container and the pinned giveaways.

For 3, go to https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=backup on one computer and backup all of the data. Then go to https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=restore on the other computer and restore all of the data. You can backup to cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive for easier syncing. Unfortunately there's no way to sync automatically at the moment, every time you modify your data in one computer you will have to backup and restore in the other. PS: You can also access backup / restore from the heading in the settings menu, as shown in the image below.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thanks for the info, works like a charm :)
I didn't think to search in the descriptions, I kept trying to search 'Featured' 'Pinned' and so on in the option titles haha.

4 years ago

No. The description popup is not optional. You can, however, make it appear less often or not appear for specific descriptions with "Cache repeated descriptions from the same creator for 1 hour and only show them once." and "Filter descriptions.". The popup also has a "Add Description To Filters" button that you can use to prevent that description from appearing again.

4 years ago

yes, using the element filters, the code for the pinned giveaway is in the description of the feature on the options page, I don't know the code to hide the active discussion, will need to wait for revilheart or someone else who knows.

3 years ago

How to disable giveaway descriptions popups?

3 years ago

I just made 100 carts for a train, and for some reason the description generator didn't work. Is there any way to have it automatically fix the descriptions instead of doing it manually for each one?

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/zLZaJ/yet-another-zombie-defense-hd

3 years ago

I've no real solution but with Multi-Manager it should be possible to edit the description of all giveaways at once. I don't think it's possible to connect them that way, so I'm not sure how much it helps. In case a table would be also fine for you there's SteamGifts Giveaways Table/Chart Creator. Maybe someone else has a better idea how to help.

3 years ago

[issue]
Google Chrome v85.0.4183.83 (x64)
ESGST v8.7.4 (browser addon)

Browser tab with Steamgifts+ESGST takes 30%-50% CPU (RAM 200-250 Mb, but its not so big trouble) after around 7-10 minutes. Even if I open another heavy process with higher priority.
Any another tabs/sites takes 0-5% CPU.
I don't have any another addons or userscripts which can work only with Steamgifts (ofc i have some addons, but i have no troubles with any other web-sites).
This issue started around 1-2 weeks ago, before never have troubles with SG/ESGST.

Upd.: this problem (with high CPU load) only appears when I have page with giveaways list opened (just a "www.steamgifts.com"), pages with discussions or giveaway description works well.

3 years ago*

Did you get any errors? Was the format correctly set in the description? As at46 mentioned, Multi-Manager allows you to edit descriptions, but I assume you've fixed it by now. This makes me think about adding an option to create trains from existing giveaways, which would fix problems like this.

3 years ago

most likely there is some option that hides those options a bit
in a discussion like this one look for 3 vertical placed dots at the left of the bar that says (here) 15,042 Comments ... directly under the main post of this thread.
similarly in giveaways its also placed to the left of the bar between the description and the comments
click on those dots for more options

if there is a valid SG link the icon will show, if there isnt a link it wont. this page doesnt have any links to GAs so it wont show for now

3 years ago

How do I hide the pop-up showing me a GA's description? It's very annoying, I don't care to read anything written there as it's usually nonsense

2 years ago

There was a whole debate about this ages ago, the short version is this addon's creator rafaelgomesxyz and others believe it's rude to enter someone's giveaway with at least looking at the description, so you can't hide them entirely (any more).

But you can filter out some of the common things like "glhf" etc (option 3.11.3, and you can set it to hide repeated descriptions from the same person if you are entering multiple giveaways in a short space of time with identical descriptions (option 3.11.2)

2 years ago

Thanks. I'll try those options. I get the point, and respect it, but well I always found descriptions a bit of a PITA. In my GA I never entered a description and requested users not to thank me or anything, as I always found it offensive that fact that some demanded a "thanks".

2 years ago

I assume that option will ignore all GA links that don't have link text of "next" or similar. This is a good option, but I believe it will miss any GA links that are not explicitly "Next"-type, such as an extra GA in the OPs description or any GAs posted in the comments of one of the GAs (although I'm not 100% sure that comment GAs are looked for at all).

2 years ago

How do i turn off the goddamn descriptions popping every time i enter something

2 years ago

Why isn't there a way to turn of the pop-up description for a giveaway after you enter it???

View attached image.
2 years ago

Hello.
Love the work. I don't know technicalities but i think a lot from here should be integrated to main site. I can't imagine myself using steamgifts without esgst. Thanks a lot. 

1. Is there a way to easily hide games owned on other platforms? 
    For example, few months ago i checked my all library on epic and manually hid games. But i had to find giveaways of them, entered or public. Then they gave away more and i see now they won't let me order my list by my acquisition. 
    As a platform, i didn't use gog galaxy but i know it can collect libraries. Can it create a easy way? Or adding non-Steam games to Steam? I didn't use it but it requires the game to be installed? That's Bs.
  2. Is there a way to hide "all giveaways" on a game without seeing a giveaway?
  3. When will you decide to remove imposition to see giveaway description? You know it is wrong as it is, way to move forward is to remove it. 
    Thanks.
2 years ago

1) Under Endless Scrolling there is "Where to run it on SteamGifts?". In this section click on "Add New" under "Do NOT run it here: " and choose "Giveaway - Comments".
2) You need Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and Entered enabled. After that you can adjust the giveaway filters on the giveaway page to filter entered giveaways.
3) It's not intended that you can generally hide those messages. However you can use Cache repeated descriptions from the same creator for 1 hour and only show them once. and Filter descriptions..

1 year ago

Hi. Can u help me with one setting? How to turn off pop up description message after entering a giveaway?
Thank you so much

1 year ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.