I have won Left 4 Dead 2 last night, but as it turns out, and it wasn't mentioned in the description, it's the censored german version. Now I don't know about you guys, but I don't really want to play a game that is built around friggin gore and zombiez, with a pretty huge amount of censorship.

I know there are some workarounds, but these are either inconvenient, or might not be as stable as it should be, plus not really sure to what extend would these fix the censored parts.

As it is right now, I haven't accepted the gift yet, as I want to make sure what can and what can't be done in this case.

Thoughts/ideas?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

If you don't want it, send message to gifter and tell them you changed your mind and they should ask support to do a re-roll.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

1 decade ago

read the post, sometimes it is useful

1 decade ago

"but as it turns out, and it wasn't mentioned in the description, it's the censored german version"
-.-'

1 decade ago

"it wasn't mentioned in the description, it's the censored german version."
I think you should read with more care.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

1 decade ago

"helpful and caring"
No, it sounds like you were being a smug asshole.

1 decade ago

He said it wasn't mentioned in the description. Read the post, sometimes it's useful as you can see, It's there for a reason.

1 decade ago

contact steam support , heard they can uncencor it

1 decade ago

yep that's what I would actually try. If that doesn't work just activate it and put an uncut patch on it.

1 decade ago

u can uncencor it.. i heard u can ask steam to do that and that u can do that ur self by changing some file.. well i HEARD this dont know if its true

1 decade ago

Yes, it's possible, but it does lock you out from playing with the other versions. You will only be able to play with other uncensored German version users. It works by changing the app ID.

1 decade ago

Give it to me. I don't love gory things :P

1 decade ago

refuse it and he will reroll the giveaway. But yeah the German Version sucks very much.. saw my friends play it.. i had to spent 20 € more than the others to importe an Uncut Version from Austria -.-

1 decade ago

Yeap, if you contact to the steam support, they will help you to uncensore it. I have bought the L4D(german)cut version with my friend and the support was very helpful in that change ;)

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Cynaris.