Hello, I just noticed I have 799 sent gifts, so I thought I'll try something new for the 800th one.
Here's a lvl 1+ giveaway with some basic sgtools rules (first time I use it so I was afraid to do anything complicated).
And a silly poll.
Good luck!

http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/ba85695e-002a-11e8-907d-fa163ee2f826

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you play the games you win?

View Results
Yes
No
Sometimes
Obligatory vegetable

Congrats!

6 years ago

I love Point & Click adventures so I'll try my luck - and yes I'm playing my wins :)
Not every single day 'cause I'm buying stuff on my own as well and got a family to take care of but atleast I'm trying my best ;)
Also hiding games from the feed really helps just to enter for games you'd really like to play especially because the "eye" icon will also miss directly on the GA page if you enter invite only GAs.
The best thing that could happen to me was finding the BLAEO page which allowed me to organize what to play and to have an overview of my progress especially in regards of my SG wins.

6 years ago

I've seen BLAEO before but it seems too hard for me. Like, making a commitment and all that. And organising my backlog?! Not sure I could manage. ;-)

6 years ago

I don't make commitments anymore 'cause I didn't enjoy playing that way after a while. By now I just play whenever and whatever I like and mark them as finished when I'm done.
The start might be annoying 'cause you need to mark all previous finished games as done manually but afterwards you'll automatically have an overview what you played in the current month to update those games' progress any time. and got a great overview which games of your SG wins you didn't play yet ;)

6 years ago

Actually it would be a pretty neat feature for ESGST - ability to mark your wins as played/completed. ;-)

6 years ago

I'd upvote this :D The "do you even play bro" script just checks for achievements so it would be a nice additon.

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Congrats! May your wins also reach 800 soon!

6 years ago

Right, just give me a few more years! ;-)

6 years ago

I always try playing every game I win. If it turns out I don't like the game I don't force myself to keep playing though! Sometimes it may take me a few months (or more) to get to the game though.

6 years ago

Thank you for the chance! This is one of my most-wanted games right now.

6 years ago

Congrats

6 years ago

Bump and congratulations

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

Play wins? I thought you were supposed to idle them for cards?
I do try to play all my wins, but unfortunately sometimes I'm a little too enter-happy with giveaways and have more games than time. Trying to enter less and play more

6 years ago

Congrats!!
Thank you for the giveaway :D

6 years ago

Hey pb,
great that you use sgtools :o)
I would advice you a real cv rate rule for your next use(s) of sgtools (on the left top the one at the bottom, only fill in 0.5 -as example-). You hold with that a lot of the autojoiners, extreme leechers and such people outside. I use a 0.5 ratio and had since that time no problems anymore with my winners. At 0.3 was the problems near zero. 0.1 was not high enough.
When you have questions contact me and i try to help if you want.

6 years ago

Yeah, I've seen those options, but I was afraid to touch them. :D

So, 0.5 ratio means that the user has sent at least one gift for every two they won, right?

6 years ago

Yes, right.
But i not use that ratio to avoid the people that gave away millions of free games (that they have got from joining free stuff with different emails and so on -and mostly took so much that other get nothing..-).

I use the real cv ratio with 0.5 (only by DLC's i don't use it).
Thats the same but with the cv worth.
They must spend 1$ for each 2$ won
(in reality you spend only a little bit of the counted -thanks to bundles and discounts^^-).
Very effective against the autojoiners and extreme leechers that, nearly, only take for years... :o)

6 years ago

Thanks, I'll try that next time. I didn't really analyse users that joined this time around, but yeah, I believe there's a lot of bots on lower levels, that's why I mostly created GAs for high levels and groups (Playing Appreciated and Linux Giveaways), until now anyway. Perhaps some fine-tuned sgtools rules are even better, worth a try.

6 years ago

Up to lvl 4 are all infested with bots, autojoiners and extreme leechers (last ones pushed themself, mostly, up with RPG Maker and/or Clickteam Fusion GA's and such stuff).
But don't think that above that are no autojoiner user. I know a lvl 10 one. And a lot of people know that he use autojoiner (its a open "secret"). But you can't say his name because you are then suspended for 3 days because "calling out" grmpf.
With the sgtools rules you have much more control over the people that join ( in nearly each group that i used more often for my GA's are at least 1 autojoiner. Partly well known or speaking very open about using autojoiners but the most admins don't kick them.... -_- it's frustrating -at least for me-).
And its bad to raise the entry level so much because it give real users on lower levels and they should get a chance to win the Giveaways too :o)

All in all ... i am very happy that one more use sgtools as security measure :o)

6 years ago

Congratz!
BUMP

6 years ago

beump

6 years ago

Grats and thanks and bumps xD

6 years ago

VAC banned for life

6 years ago

Sorry :-( Valve never forgets...

6 years ago

Congrats on the big milestone pb1:)

6 years ago

Congrats on the milestone! Have a bump ^^

6 years ago

I try to but I get distracted by ones I haven't won too much. I 100% one of them at least.

6 years ago

thanks for triple 800th GA :D

6 years ago

Congrats with your 800 sent, Pb1 and thank you for your giveaways! ^^

Your SGTools gate works 10/10 so I guess you didn't have any problems with it. :-)

6 years ago

Gratz!

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

800 is quite the number of gifts! (It's also 2222 in base 7.)

As for wins, I do try to play them eventually, just like buys. I haven't made a concerted effort to prioritize playing wins, however. Instead I've tried to be more selective in what GAs I enter, and what I buy. Gotta keep that backlog in check.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.