Epic is having a mega sale and you can get control for $6.99 if you claimed the $10 discount voucher they had last year. You can also use the coupon on their other mega sale titles- https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/mega-sale-games

for ex- get star wars jedi fallen for $6.24, ac origins for $4.99, etc

note that - MEGA Sale Coupon - $10.00
Expires on Nov 1, 2020, 7:00 AM
For games priced at $14.99 or higher

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Eh, I'll never give them money anyways but their regional pricing is hilarious. $38 for standard fallen order after a sale and a 14$ coupon. Control is $19

3 years ago

Agreed. I don't know where the OP is to get such a sweet deal but it's not sweet here. Even with a 10 bucks coupon that would still get me a 20 bucks game.

3 years ago

sorry didnt noticed about region based prices.. regional prices are terrible!

3 years ago

Hey no problem, man. Good for you. And I imagine there's a reason in the regional price difference.

3 years ago

Regional prices are the reason why people in a low-income country don't have to pay 60€ for a game, but something closer to what they can afford. Regional prices seem anti-consumer on the first glance, but they are the exact opposite.

3 years ago

worth it?

3 years ago

i thought it was an outstanding game and would absolutely pay $7 in a heartbeat.

3 years ago

It's an entertaining game with a unique visual style. If you liked thr combat in quantum break, you will like this.

3 years ago

Maybe one of these threads should be renamed to "EPIC $10 Coupon!" instead. Otherwise we'll have multiple threads with a Blah blah Game title + $10 off price tag like an earlier thread.

Regional pricing is ridiculous though. Not worth it unless you're in US I guess. Control is $23.5 usd equivilant for me, - $10 = $13.5, not terrible but not a pretty deal like $7.

3 years ago*

It’s $30 on sale in US and then with coupon it only gets down to $20. Not sure where OP is getting their pricing.

3 years ago

3 years ago

looks real

3 years ago

Yeh ,i was thinking the same ,tbh ,nothing earth-shattering there really ,relatively old games now.

3 years ago

The Handsome Collection was relatively recently on sale everywhere for $6, and was part of a "complete your collection" bundle on Steam which would drop it down to $3-4 if you had any of the base games. I feel like anyone remotely interested in Borderlands would have picked it up at that point.

3 years ago

Of course they always give away games I already have on Steam. Just my luck.

3 years ago

Same, but they're at least mostly good games (I don't know about Ark).

Still, given how many great games I've gotten for free from Epic already, I can't complain. Now if only they started giving away free time...

3 years ago

Ark is pretty good. And I'm not complaining really, just crossing my fingers for a freebie I don't have already.
Actually I did get Hob and Thimbleweed Park that were both on my wishlist and it was my own damn fault for missing out on Just Cause 4 so I should just shut up.
I still don't really like their tactics of buying exclusives and paying off studios and devs (mostly because I don't think it's gonna last) but hey we're getting a Steam loyalty program and "Steam remote" playing because of it so competition is always good and freebies too.

Now if only they started giving away free time...

Haha I hear you. Although I haven't worked in two months and I miss it, usually it's way harder to play.
Now if my rig hadn't picked this time to go belly up, I would be doing a lot more playing.

3 years ago

Eh, I don't mind their tactics. I feel like it's actually pretty good for the devs - gives them piece of mind and security without having to worry about how they're going to cover the next rent bill while they're developing - and I think it's preferable to a publisher just up and buying the studio as done by Microsoft, EA, Valve, etc.

Although I haven't worked in two months and I miss it

Yeah, that's rough. Are you doing okay?
I'm in the opposite boat, way busier now than before we went into lockdown, and jealous of all the people with seemingly limitless free time - as the almost daily articles about "What to watch when you've seen everything else" or "What to do now that you have all the time in the world" like to remind me.

Now if my rig hadn't picked this time to go belly up, I would be doing a lot more playing.

Oh no! What happened?

3 years ago

Eh, I don't mind their tactics. I feel like it's actually pretty good for the devs - gives them piece of mind and security without having to worry about how they're going to cover the next rent bill while they're developing

True. And it's not like Early Access games that never get finished to pay the rent while other projects are being done. I don't know if the money they give the big guys like Ubi, Bethesda etc are going to the devs but I do hope that it means they get paid a decent wage and are less under pressure.

Yeah, that's rough. Are you doing okay?

I'm doing better than most in the business. Thankfully I picked up a lot of extra work in December during that strike because I live in the city so I'm doing fine. I would just like the world to get back to normal asap but who knows when that'll be. The biggest issue right now is that my girlfriend is stuck in her home country and has been since March and we don't know how long it'll be until we can get back together. But hey, people are dying, so these are small concerns. As long as everyone I love is ok, I'll endure.

I'm in the opposite boat, way busier now than before we went into lockdown

That's the case for a lot of people I know. Having to work around all the issues and working from home with the kids to take care of and some businesses are working double time to pick up the slack of everything that's been closed or slowed.
i hope you're managing and keeping yourself healthy.

Oh no! What happened?

The toothpaste that the manufacturer likes to call thermal paste is completely dried up and my GPU goes over 100°C after barely a few minutes of playing anything that's not pixel graphics (and not even all of them) or old adventure games. Then it shuts down.
I have to repaste but I literally have to take the laptop apart to do it and at this point, ,I'm worried of breaking more than I fix.
My next computer won't be a laptop, let me tell you.

In the meantime I use an old laptop of mine but it has its limits. I've been playing slow motion Evil Within 2 for 30 hours and I'm still only halfway through lol. The VRAM on that thing is ridiculous. But again, can't complain. I still play. I just wish I could use the downtime and absence of social or home life to play whatever I want.
Oh well, i'm working on my technique and learning things. Best way to spend a slow down.

3 years ago

Control is "on sale" at 30 euros for me so I don't know what the coupon is in euros but it would have to be pretty big for me to get the game at 7 bucks. Epic fail.

3 years ago

Same, 30€ here and only 1 coupon. So not gonna pay 20€.

3 years ago

wutt.. it's strange, control + season pass is 4€ with coupon in here..i was thinking to get jedi fallen order but it's around 27€ for standard edition, so i'll go with control i guess.

3 years ago

Do you have the link or something? I can't see control+seasson pass pack anywere.

3 years ago

wait a sec.. do i need to buy the game first, then the dlc's or season pass? I can see the season pass, yet i can't buy it.
Unfortunately there is no pack, they are selling the game and season pass separately, I was talking about their price together.

3 years ago*

Yeap Control and Jedi Fallen Order are much higher prices in my region. Control is 30 and Jedi is 38. The Witcher 3 goty is only 16 though just like Far Cry 5.

3 years ago

What, if any, game on the Epic store get keys or redemption outside of their launcher? Wouldn't Origin and Uplay still require playing their games on their own service?

Are there any games on Epic store that REQUIRE Steam?

3 years ago

Uplay games get added to your Uplay account

3 years ago

Anyone know if this game is gonna come out on Steam? Because else I'm gonna sail to the bay before installing crappy Epic.

3 years ago

Yes it’s coming to steam in like August. You can check it just by looking in the steam store.

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

No problem. Ya it’s one game I’ve been watching and want to buy but I may just wait for Steam version. It’ll be a bit before I can get it for $20 though. Like the other person who replied to you it’ll probably get the 50% discount. Once Epic gets achievements added which is supposedly coming soon according to their roadmap then I’ll be buying games wherever it’s cheapest. I’ll use GOG Galaxy to see all my games in one place.

3 years ago

August, and just like other exclusive titles, because of Valve, they should come with a maximum discount it ever had on PC. No matter what price Epic offers, it is still more than the free cardidled money I use on unbundled games I buy:-)

3 years ago

I wish I could get it that cheap. With the coupon for me control is still $20. I’m in the US too.

3 years ago

Little off-topic, but if I buy Ubisoft (uplay) game, do I still need to use Epic Games launcher or can play it through Uplay only?

3 years ago

yes, not really worth buying Uplay games tho, need to wait 2-3 you want to play and then just play them with one month season pass directly on uplay.

3 years ago

Thanks for a suggestion, but I like Uplay, so I have no problem to pay little more for a game and keep it (also my internet sucks right now :P).

3 years ago

missread sentence as my eye hurts now, no, you don't need epic to play on uplay.

3 years ago

you can use uplay (have to use) only if you you buy them of steam or epic

3 years ago

So many of the answers to you here are wrong! When I purchased Division 2 I had to install the whole game using the Epic launcher, then start it one time, this linked it to my uplay account and I could delete it from epic and install it on my uplay account directly.

3 years ago

A lot of Uplay games can be added to your Uplay library if you have it synced to Epic when you install and run it on Epic. Works for ones on Steam too. Once in your Uplay library you should only need Uplay to run them.

3 years ago

No you dont. You can run it through uplay unlike steam.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Got myself a copy, cost me SEK 114,5 with the $10 coupon, that's about $12. Good enough.

3 years ago

Epic devalued games so much...

3 years ago

Thats how Steam became so big. Nowadays, everyone complains how sales on Steam are worse because there are no more those 90% cuts. This, free games for everyone phase, will pass, and everyone will cry for good old times.

3 years ago

That's not always the truth.
Many games already bought by user. These still have good prices.
Or not much interest in every direction of genre. (Or "size" Triple A, Indie, Mini games...)
I mean I got the Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King (Collection) for 23 Cent.
And many other good deals.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

€19.99

3 years ago

I just got Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for $8 with the coupon
It was a good deal

3 years ago

What region do you live in?

3 years ago

According to his Steam profile, Egypt.

3 years ago

Correct

3 years ago

I'm most interested with Old World, with the coupon, it's only $4.99 , but its still in early access

3 years ago

This is fake for most regions. False advertising m8

3 years ago

the voucher for last year already expired but whatever. it costs 20 euro for me.

3 years ago

New voucher. You get one for claiming GTA V, and then you get a replacement each time you buy a game in the sale.

3 years ago

yes, but i can only apply one coupon at a time. there are no 2 coupons at the same time. the game costs 20 for me

3 years ago

I see 50% off for $29.99. Even with the $10 coupon, at that price right now I have to wait. But Vampyr is on sale for $15, $5 after the coupon.

3 years ago

Vampyr is a good deal at $5

3 years ago

Yes it is thank you

3 years ago

Where it is 6$ ? Here is 20$ with cupom

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

how did you get $6 the last coupon during the sales expired. I only get the current coupon brings it down to $18.99 here in CDN for me. Not sure if Epic is USD or CDN. Haven't purchased anything from them. Anyone know?

3 years ago

Used to be USD but it seems they added CAD not too long ago. They are slowly adding regional pricing but the default is USD.

3 years ago

ok good to know incase I buy something. $6 for Control would have been sick. Guess too good to be true. Thank you for the info broski

3 years ago

14,49$, can't use 10$ discount ,shit.

3 years ago

You can, just add GTA V to your library, and the coupon should appear.

3 years ago

coupon not eligible for 14.99$ lower.

3 years ago

woah i rarely buy games and i only buy amazin deals, and these are too good

3 years ago

should i get the witcher for 7 or control for like 14 gotta use the 14 coupon on one of em

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.