?

View Results
Yup
Already in my library
Nop

I got my valid key. Thanks for the heads up :)

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I think alone the fact that you have to pay extra to assure you get replacement if your key is used / revoked whatever proves alone enough how trusted this sites can be.

8 years ago

why so cheap ?

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

well russian keys were sold for even cheaper, they are still making profit here :)

8 years ago

I've bought over 50 products (AAA games included) from Kinguin since 2014: for Steam, GoG, Origin and a few WoW subscriptions for a friend. Since then I had absolutely no issues. So yeah, stay away from these shady websites and throw your money around on the full prices for Gaben's sake.

PS: the buyer protection from Kinguin is used mostly when buying from the "community offers" and not the big sellers
PS2: Global Games has over 670.000 completed offers with 100% positive feedback ... bla bla bla ... you get the point

8 years ago

The thread title is misleading. Instead of [steam] put [kinguin] in front.

8 years ago

He meant it as Steam Key, vs Uplay or any other distro platforms it is on. Though he clearly should of elaborated in his post rather than just 2 links :p

8 years ago

Don't know why all the hate for G2Play/Kinguin (they are both the same company). I've used them tons of times and never had any issue. I use them to get a FAIR price for a game, not for saving money.

Let me explain: I live in Romania (eastern-Europe country with mediocre economy). I earn the decent salary of 350 Euro (400 US Dollars) that is enough for me to get by (food, bills, entertainment) but can't compare to the well-developed central-European countries like France, Germany and so on. Steam decided we should be in the EU1 region, where all AAA games are full priced (50-60 Euro). Steam compares my country, which has the minimum wage of 217 Euro, with Germany, which has the minimum wage of 1473 Euro.

Screw that. I got more than 50 games here and never had a problem.

Thanks for the deal, Pl0w. Will likely go for it soon.

PS: I also sold a lot of keys on G2Play without any trouble. Customer got a working key, I got my money to buy a different game, G2Play got its cut, everybody was happy.

8 years ago

I'm too poor to afford a Ferrari, so by your logic it's completely acceptable for me to buy a cheap Ferrari off a car thief?

8 years ago

Ferraris are priced by region?

If a Ferrari was 200.000 Euro in Europe and 100.000 Euro in Russia, I'd probably buy it from Russia and arrange transportation.

8 years ago

Yeah they are priced by region. Probably the cheapest one is the country which makes them.

8 years ago

I'll take your word on that since I don't have the energy to google it.

I'd still go to Russia to get my cheap Ferrari though.

If I move to a country with way better wage, I'll use Steam more often. 'Till then, it's back in the mines with the poor folks.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Haha, yeah, true. Good thing there is no tax on importing games though xD

8 years ago

I got it from bundle stars awhile ago, the game with all DLC. I'd say $12.49 was worth it.

8 years ago

I don't get these "I've bought 100s of games from G2A/Kinguin and had nothing bad happened" types of people. There are legit cases where indie developers themselves caught these muppets reselling their Humble Bundle keys, the "Buyers Protection" payment crap, hell even Ubi revoked a bunch of FC4 keys from G2A if I recall, and you know it's a shithole when Ubi is the one doing the right thing here.

I get wanting to save monies for RL priorities and stuff but really? If you're really standing behind these kinds of shady fuckers, might as well pirate the damn game since the developers gets no monies from the sale either way.

8 years ago

Now I don't know a lot about this,
but how would those keys appear on the market without someone buying it from the developer first?

8 years ago

That's it. What people like to call "grey market" is stores which don't (or don't always) have a direct relationship with the publishers of the games they sell. There's nothing inherently grey or shady with that. People talk about the concept of "authorized dealers" like it's a good thing, but it's actually an anti-consumer practice.

8 years ago

Cheers for the info. Bought and activated without problems.

8 years ago

same here, but i got it from g2a

8 years ago

I've had storebought games fail and not function - so having a key work or not work is hardly an indication of whether a seller is legit or not.
The main qualifier of legit is whether the keys are bought from and thus the money goes to the creator of the product.

And thats where it gets messy. Because with both grey market resellers aswell as piracy people happily play the unethical card.
Only to turn around and use "used game sales" and selling your game back to your average Gamestop as a valid alternative to these shady practices.
Now, maybe its just me. But a "used game sale" and a pirated copy are in no way, shape or form different to the developer since in both cases they get nothing.

Ethics... Its all in the eye of the beholder.

8 years ago

Works no problems at all. Bought many games over the years from here and G2A only ever had one issue and got my money refunded within 24 hours.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.