Hi all,

Since RPGs is my favourite game genre, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a steam group where only RPGs would be given away. That way, there's a much higher chance those games will be actually played by the winners and not simply gather digital dust.
I don't want this group to get too large so I'll cap it at 50 members for now.

There's also a discussion section with plenty of active members.

Rules to join:

• Level 4+
  • No SG rules broken
  • No negative trade rep
  • Your won/given ratio on SG must be below 1
  • Your played games on Steam should prove that you love RPGs

Once you're in the group:

• Keep respecting the SG rules
  • Giveaways must only be region-free RPGs (or games with RPG elements), and be exclusive to this group unless you're giving away multiple copies
  • Your won/given ratio within the group must be kept below or equal to 1

Steam group link

Hope you'll help me make it happen!

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

My favorite genre as well - I'm interested

7 years ago

Great. You're in!

7 years ago

Why not?
I'm not a wealthy guy (so expect bundled games for now) but I'd be interested !

7 years ago

Good. You're in as well. Invite sent.
Don't worry about bundled games. A good game stays a good game even after it's been bundled.

7 years ago

great!

7 years ago

I like rpg-s, so im interested to join. But my english is very simple: what does it mean the last rule 2. part?
Sent/win ratio?

7 years ago

Good. You're in too.
Last part means that while you can give away games at any time, if you win anything, you have 14 days to make another giveaway.
And I'm not sure as sent/win ration matters much. If you're level 4, it means you've already given quite a bit.
Continue giving in the group and everything should be fine.

7 years ago

Ok, thank you!

7 years ago

Hello, I got a few (bundled) games to gib and wouldn't mind doing it for you and recieve some in the process

Edit: Just a heads up I did win two of the same game, a slight oversight 3 years ago. Did not know the rules.

7 years ago

One of the two users still seems to be very active here. So if you find a cheap key for the game, you could give it back to the giver and ask if he would ask for a re-roll. Maybe that works out?

7 years ago*

But looking at your played games, RPGs are what you've play the most.
If you don't mind, I'll wait to see if there aren't other people who fit the profile better.
If a spot is left, I'll contact you again.

7 years ago

Oh I love rpgs. I mostly play retro ones or ones on my consoles. I'm afraid dota has been sucking away at my life for the last few years but I recently built a new PC and trying out new games. Do as you will :D!

7 years ago

Fine then. Come and try recent RPGs with us!

7 years ago

I learnt English with RPGs :3 I remember I was playing Fallout 3 with a dictionary, after that found F2. Game was fantastic but game was so outdated for me and it was very hard :/
im intrested too!

7 years ago

You're in too. Sending invite now. Welcome!
I also played the first Zelda on the NES with a dictionary on my lap when I was a little kid :-)

7 years ago

"I learnt English with RPGs " Cool, me too :)

7 years ago

Same here, but with pen&paper ones before internet (late eighties) when i was a teenager.

7 years ago

I'm interested!

7 years ago

Same as other user above. You nearly 5,000+ hours logged in DOTA2 but hardly any in RPGs.
Thinking about it again, I don't think you fit the profile of the group.

7 years ago*

An RPG group sounds awesome, I'd love to join!
I've been saving up some gibs anyway.

7 years ago

Invite sent. Thanks for joining.

7 years ago

Nice idea, count with me :p

7 years ago

Welcome as well :-)

7 years ago

I'm not interested, but have a bump, good luck with your group!

7 years ago

Thanks!

7 years ago

Would like to join if possible :3

7 years ago

Invite sent but with so many games (looking at the list, Firefox crashed ...) I doubt we'll have anything to offer you don't already have.

7 years ago

Thank you and no worries even if I really love it when the Space Cat visits me I also love to create giveaways (^_^)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Same as above. You have very few RPGs played on Steam. Why would you like to join?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I understand but if you haven't found "a good one that you like to play", what are you going to give away?
There are phenomenal RPGs of all kinds on Steam. Filter the shop by review rate and you'll get (almost) the best.
If you're looking for recommendations, have a look at RPG Gamers Unite. It's a good public RPG group, though not very active.
I honestly don't this my new group is what you need.

7 years ago

I'd love to join :)
RPGs are by far my favorite (currently replaying the Kingdom Hearts series for the nteenth time haha)

7 years ago

You're in as well. Welcome!

7 years ago

Thanks! I'll post a GA either tonight or tomorrow

7 years ago

Not yet. To make it fair, I'd like the group to be full before we do any giveaway. Considering the interest, it shouldn't take long.

7 years ago

Sounds good. Once we've got it started, I've already picked out two RPGs to give away.

7 years ago

I enjoy RPGs :) While my steam doesn't really show this (I've played bits of all sorts), the first games I really enjoyed playing, were Mass Effect (1) and Borderlands on a borrowed XBox 360 :)

7 years ago

Great. Invite sent.
BTW, I've never seen anyone getting nearly 4,000 games on Steam in only 18 months.

7 years ago

I usually aren't interested in joining private giveaway groups, but since I love RPG's I'd actually like to join this one if there's still a free spot.

Can you elaborate, that is be a bit more specific on which games would be allowed. For example would roguelikes be cool? Would shooters with RPG elements such as Borderlands and Mercenary Kings be allowed?

7 years ago

Great and welcome.
Yes, any game with RPG elements are welcome. It doesn't need to be an FF clone.
IMO, an RPG is a game with a certain amount of character progression, exploration and which tells a story. Pretty wide.

7 years ago

Hm, in this case pretty much every point 'n' click adventure game ever can be classified as an RPG.

7 years ago

When I wrote "character progression", I was thinking of classes, skills, levelling up, making different builds for various play styles, that sort of thing.

7 years ago

Ah, so you classify them in the broadest term, from cRPG to ARPG and JRPG.

7 years ago

I do. I don't want this group's GAs to be too restrictive.

7 years ago

Do you want to join? You seem to have the profile for it.

7 years ago

Not interested in private giveaway groups, thanks. Came to this thread to see some of the conversation. :)

7 years ago

I would love to join as well.

7 years ago

You've hardly played RPGs on Steam. Why would you like to join?

7 years ago

Well, that's true. I only bought Neptunia and FF8 recently but have really clocked most of my RPG time outside Steam. (Dragon Age on Origin, Guildwars 2 and BDO). Hope to change that soon though. I would understand if you still want to pass though.

7 years ago

That's fine to me. Like I said, I'd like this small group to also be a friendly community with active people.
I'll send you an invite.

7 years ago

thanks a lot!

7 years ago

I just realized I had some spare RPG keys. Can we start making gibs now?

7 years ago

Let's get this group a little more populated first, okay?

7 years ago

Will do. I also just realized you will get it started with Bound by Flame. Will wait. Thanks.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Sorry I missed your post earlier. Welcome aboard!

7 years ago

my lvl 3, but i'm very want to join

7 years ago

Then get to level 4. You've won nearly twice as many games as you have given...

7 years ago

I'd be interested in joining too as a big fan of RPGs (currently 70 hours into Dragon Age Origins). Whilst I've got a reasonably large library with a fair amount of RPGs (and also a number in GOG too) I'm always interested in discovering more and quite happy to throw in some GAs as required.

Sent me an invite if you think I'd be an asset to the group

7 years ago

Welcome!

7 years ago

Thanks, invite accepted. Will wait until the group fills up and post my first GA then (next Sunday evening at the latest)

7 years ago

I would like to join :) Terraria is my most played game on steam 400+ hours. I've been busy lately so I haven't been able to continue dark souls 3 or hyper light drifter and since someone recently sold me a really cool expensive killing floor 2 skin for just a dollar, I've been taking advantage of that to play a bit of KF2.

7 years ago*

No worries, you're in too. Like I said, my definition of an RPG is pretty loose and have many RPGs in your library, even if you haven't played them yet is good enough for me.
Heck, I've got Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, Pillars of Eternity and many others I haven't played yet.

7 years ago*

I need to take a break. I'll be back in a few hours to see who else is interested. Thanks to everyone.

7 years ago

I am definitely interested, I love RPGs. Can I get an invite please? One of my favorite RPGs on Steam is Fallout 4 with 55 hrs on record, hoping to at least double that with all the DLC coming out.

7 years ago

Great. Welcome :-)

7 years ago

I love RPGs, i have a few hours in Fallout NV, can i get an invite?

7 years ago

Yeah... just a few :-) You're in!

7 years ago

I'd love an invite.

7 years ago

And you've got it :-)

7 years ago

I love RPGs, so I'd be interested

7 years ago

I guess we're interested too. Welcome :-)

7 years ago

I'm interested to join. While the grand strategy games from Paradox got most of my playtime, I'm still a huge RPG fan too. :)

7 years ago

No worries. 288h in Grim Dawn is good :-)

7 years ago

Since Lengray said you have 288 hours in Grim Down, I'd like to ask you a question. I assume that you have beaten the game several times during that playtime because there's no way a single playthrough would require that much. Is the game really that fun to replay, considering the world is always the same, that is it doesn't have randomly generated maps? Or maybe a better question would be, what exactly gives this game replayability?

7 years ago

GD has lots of flexibility in character building, simple as that. The opponents and the world don't offer that much content, but you can experiment a lot. And you have to consider that I played during the Early Access stage too. So that added even more to the experimental part, beyond the fun of combining 2 classes.

7 years ago

I was hoping you'd make me want the game more, but you made me want it less. How come you only have 30 hours in PoE btw? That game has insane amount of character building. I guess you play(ed) it a lot off steam?

7 years ago

No, the reason why I barely touched PoE is that only 1 friend played it. And not very regularly.
I don't know why you'd want GD less then before, because of my comment. 288h obviously tells you that you can be entertained for a long time. And ARPGs never convince you to do multiple playthroughs because their world is so exciting. You experiment and you grind. And GD does both very well. :)

7 years ago*

Closed 7 years ago by Lengray.