We're in March, so we kinda concluded all games of February. Which is your favorite game you've played this February?

Note: It doesn't have to be released February 2022. It just happened for me to play one that was launched then. Yours can be different.

I've not played many other than Dying Light 2, so I probably will include that there. I have ELDEN RING, but I'm a bit bumped down by the fact that there's no widescreen support and stutter issues every now and then, so I had to give the game a pause until I get the support I need for my issues.

But let me know what was yours this February? What did you like about it and would you recommend it to somebody else?

View attached image.
2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I just checked and I own 0 games that were released this year so far so can't say much about that...
Usually I buy games when they are on discount and I don't care much about most of the AAA games ^^

2 years ago

That made me check how old the "newest" game I have is. Assuming I didn't miss anything, it's Deleveled from September 2020. And it's a SG Win.

Between my... financial situation, already bloated backlog, very old laptop and the fact that a lot of "new" games nowadays are... just kinda crap, I really couldn't care less about new releases. ^_^'
If I didn't watch Zero Punctuation and multiple people on my friends list didn't play them I wouldn't even know the games OP mentions existed. XD

2 years ago

Haha yeah, my newest game is from 17-06-2021 and from that whole year, not counting free games, I got 2 games in which 1 was a gift so yeah, not much newer stuff for me.
I still own to many games I didn't play yet (236 according to BLAEO) and unfinished games (131 it seems) most games are just not worth the release price for me, so far I spend €1,05 on games this year and that was Vikings - Wolves of Midgard with an amazing discount, else I would not have got it yet, money is not something I am very easy with and am trying to not spend to much on games that go on discount anyway, unless I really really want to play it right away (though even then I tend to wait for a discount...) ^^

2 years ago

It doesn't really matter if the game was launched in February or not, it's more about what games you've played this month and which one did you enjoy the most?

2 years ago

Oh, well, in that case I... Checks BLAEO... Played Closure in February. It's a really nice little puzzle game with an interesting core mechanic. So I guess I would recommend it.

2 years ago

It looks interesting. Is it hard to see throughout the whole game?

2 years ago

I'm... not sure what you mean.
The game isn't about difficulty of seeing things. Its main gimmick is that if something is not lit up and you can't see it, then it doesn't exist at all, the floor included.

2 years ago

I'm... not sure what you mean.

Visibility in the game, is what I mean. Is it difficult to see stuff?

The game isn't about difficulty of seeing things. Its main gimmick is that if something is not lit up and you can't see it, then it doesn't exist at all, the floor included.

Oh I see, that sounds interesting. 😯

2 years ago

The game is entirely in black and white so it's pretty easy to see what's lit up and... well, not see whatever isn't lit up. ^_^'

2 years ago

I see, so it's not just the art direction, it's also the use of it.

2 years ago

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - Anniversary Edition I think that was the nicest one I played in February, though I also played 2 other games which were fun to play so it's a hard one...

2 years ago

I see, Edna & Harvey are a special type of games in art-style.

2 years ago

Yeah, they look weird but nice and the story is also weird but very nice :P

2 years ago

Don't mind weird stories as they are a lot more captivating. A great example was for me for a weird story DEATH STRANDING. By the end of it I can say it's one of the most interesting stories I've played. A lot of the things were unpredictable and surprising at times. Not the generic story you see in most games.

2 years ago

Teamfight Tactics, because I haven't played anything else yet xD

2 years ago

I've played it back in 2019 or something, back when it got launched. How is the game nowadays? Is it any better?

2 years ago

Oh, yeah, it's better, you can try it if you liked it back then, with a new Augment system this set, it's much more interesting to play, more variety, adds a "roguelike" element, like when you gotta choose from random buffs to complete the level/stage.

2 years ago

I'd play it on my phone as I feel it's not requiring me to be on the computer for such a simple game, but again, I probably need to recheck it again as I believe a lot has changed since I've tried it. I was never good at it, but not too bad either.

League of Legends has been for me the go to, until I quit back in 2019 so I can spend more time with other games, like single-players and whatnot. Don't regret it a single bit. I needed the time. Missing out so many great games.

2 years ago

I've been playing a lot of Children of Morta, but honestly the game I enjoyed the most this month was Open Sorcery. It was short, but so very interesting. I'm a sucker for games that let you get inside the mind of an alien/AI/elemental firewall that don't just make them differently-flavored humans.

2 years ago

I'm a sucker for games that let you get inside the mind of an alien/AI/elemental firewall that don't just make them differently-flavored humans.

That sounds interesting, any recommendations? 🤔😊

2 years ago

I highly recommend The Fall. You are the onboard AI installed in a futuristic combat suit and your only reason for being is to bring your injured pilot to safety after a fall from orbit.

What I like is that you aren't a smooth-talking, wise-cracking companion. You are primarily designed for aim-assist and emergency life-saving interventions in combat scenarios, and are completely out of your element when it comes to interactions with others. Most of the other characters you encounter are similarly-limited AIs of military or civilian nature, each with their own guiding programming that leads them to behave differently than any human would. All of the AI interactions are limited by their programming. For example, there's a scene where you cannot progress without lying but your programming prohibits you from selecting that option even though you know it's the only way forward.

It's quite fascinating, and all this is wrapped in a rather good story (and a slightly clunky UI). And then, the sequel kicks it up a notch by making perception and motivation core gameplay mechanics. It's just wonderful, and I can't wait for part 3.

2 years ago

I highly recommend The Fall. You are the onboard AI installed in a futuristic combat suit and your only reason for being is to bring your injured pilot to safety after a fall from orbit.

Woah, that sounds like a really nice plot story. 😦

What I like is that you aren't a smooth-talking, wise-cracking companion. You are primarily designed for aim-assist and emergency life-saving interventions in combat scenarios, and are completely out of your element when it comes to interactions with others. Most of the other characters you encounter are similarly-limited AIs of military or civilian nature, each with their own guiding programming that leads them to behave differently than any human would. All of the AI interactions are limited by their programming. For example, there's a scene where you cannot progress without lying but your programming prohibits you from selecting that option even though you know it's the only way forward.

It's quite fascinating, and all this is wrapped in a rather good story (and a slightly clunky UI). And then, the sequel kicks it up a notch by making perception and motivation core gameplay mechanics. It's just wonderful, and I can't wait for part 3.

Had no idea the game is that good in the story department. You got me intrigued. I've seen the game many times on SG, but never really 100% thought it's got a good story as you've described it, let alone, have a sequel as well. Very interesting game.

I'll wishlist it, and if it comes to terms to play it, I will. I doubt it's long.

2 years ago

Spiritfarer and evoland 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/972660/Spiritfarer_Farewell_Edition/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/359310/Evoland_2/

Spiritfarer has a good feel, evoland 2 has a nice gameplay

2 years ago

My wife played Spiritfarer and loved it a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Although I've seen Evoland many times here, I've not considered yet playing it. I believe it's a good game and I will play it one day.

2 years ago

Glad to see your wife enjoyed it too! And yeah, evoland 2 is a good game. It covers various genre so if you like the visuals and dont mind playing various genres, you'll like it.

2 years ago

No, I don't mind playing a mix of genres. I am quite opened to anything really, unless the game decides to all the sudden play sports and the next minute goes from puzzle, to shooter to RPG. That may be confusing and weird all together. 🤣

If it's a mix of action-adventure-RPG with maybe strategic elements, I feel I can enjoy that. If you include rogue-like elements that's also acceptable. But if it turns out to be more, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it.

But who knows? I mean, in the end, trying something new is what matters and I like when games explore my comfort zone a little bit.

2 years ago

unless the game decides to all the sudden play sports and the next minute goes from puzzle, to shooter to RPG.

Uh... the game is kinda like that, hahah. It doesn't change genre that often though. Let's just say that every dungeon has a different genre.

The action adventure is the default genre, but you wont do much with it between each "dungeon". There is a turn based strategy in one of the genres involved, although they arent too difficult. There is no roguelike though.

One thing that you need to be wary about is the fighting genre since the controls can be hard to execute. You also can lower the difficulty anytime if you are too lazy for that.

Here is the list of genre that the game has, according to what i list in my review:
action-adventure, turn-based RPG, turn-based strategy, bullet hell, rhythm, platformer, puzzle, stealth, beat'em up, fighting, runner, match three, and arcade.

2 years ago

Uh... the game is kinda like that, hahah. It doesn't change genre that often though. Let's just say that every dungeon has a different genre.

I see, well, the worst thing it can happen is that I won't like it. 🤣 I'm quite opened to something I'm not used to.

The action adventure is the default genre, but you wont do much with it between each "dungeon". There is a turn based strategy in one of the genres involved, although they arent too difficult. There is no roguelike though.

One thing that you need to be wary about is the fighting genre since the controls can be hard to execute. You also can lower the difficulty anytime if you are too lazy for that.

I think the game is trying to place you out of your comfort zone, by switching up genres and making more interesting.

Here is the list of genre that the game has, according to what i list in my review:
action-adventure, turn-based RPG, turn-based strategy, bullet hell, rhythm, platformer, puzzle, stealth, beat'em up, fighting, runner, match three, and arcade.

Quite the list. I've never expected it to be that way, but that's cool.

2 years ago

If you mean released in Feb 2022.... I am usually on a multi-year lag...

If you mean finished in Feb 2022... nothing too remarkable here either, but since I love lists (you probably know this by now, sorry ;D ;D):

1. Void Bastards is a funny and light first-person-shooter mixing the graphics of Borderlands with the spirit of FTL. It ends just when it starts to get repetitive, 83/100.
  2. Killer is Dead is the usual "nonsense with lots of style" associated with SUDA51, 82/100.
  3. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is very interesting and ambitious, with many flaws, 81/100.
  4. Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom is the usual good HOG for chilling out a few hours: 81/100.

Currently playing Risen 2: Dark Waters, which is immensely fun once things start to click in.

2 years ago*

If you mean released in Feb 2022.... I am usually on a multi-year lag...

No, I only mean what you enjoyed playing this February. 😃

If you mean finished in Feb 2022... nothing too remarkable here either, but since I love lists (you probably know this by now, sorry ;D ;D):

1. Void Bastards is a funny and light first-person-shooter mixing the graphics of Borderlands with the spirit of FTL. It ends just when it starts to get repetitive, 83/100.
  2. Killer is Dead is the usual "nonsense with lots of style" associated with SUDA51, 82/100.
  3. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl is very interesting and ambitious, with many flaws, 81/100.
  4. Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom is the usual good HOG for chilling out a few hours: 81/100.

Currently playing Risen 2: Dark Waters, which is immensely fun once things start to click in.

Yeah I do like lists. You've played a lot. You've also given me a few nice games, like the first 2 that I wasn't aware of. I do want to play the Stalker series to prepare myself for the 2nd, but again, idk what I'm doing, but I'm not playing it as of yet, while I'm playing something else.

2 years ago

Azur Lane. Played unhealthy amount of it over last month xD

2 years ago

Azur Lane Crosswave? I've never heard or seen this game. Maybe I'm not being recommended because I don't play these types. I don't know. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

2 years ago

Actually the Mobile game.
Been working the entire month with a single day off so i didnt have much time to play anything on PC :)

2 years ago

That's fine. Games are games, no matter what type and what they are played on. Mobile games are a lot more improved lately, although they are mainly afk based or something to allow people to have spare time in between and not stay with their phones in their face 24/7.

2 years ago

My February favorite was Seasons After Fall. Absolutely gorgeous little puzzler that wasn't too difficult and allowed me to relax a bit while playing it, which is exactly why I picked it since the beginning of this year has been godawful IRL when it comes to stress. The story was okay even if I didn't really understand a part of it, but that didn't diminish my good time with the game. I'd say that my biggest complaint would be that it's yet another animal-themed game where the animal dies. Why can't these games ever just be happy?

2 years ago

Oh that's so sad to hear. I made the grave mistake of reading the spoiler, but I believe I'll give this game a try one day. Wishlisted. Thank you for your recommendation! 🙂

2 years ago

I, too, haven't played anything released this year. Honestly, you're not gonna find many people buying the latest releases on a site all about giveaways (even gifters tend to buy bundles).

EDIT: Wait, do you just mean our favorite game that we happened to play this February? Not our favorite that released this February?

2 years ago

EDIT: Wait, do you just mean our favorite game that we happened to play this February? Not our favorite that released this February?

Yes, that's right! I'll update my question so that people can understand it. 😅

2 years ago

In that case, it's Octahedron: Transfixed Edition.

2 years ago

Looks like an interesting platformer, was it challenging?

2 years ago

Yeah; I say it struck a good balance between being challenging without going overboard for the most part.

2 years ago

I think that's a good game then. A game must feel fun and rewarding at times. It can be frustrating, but in the end, the goal should feel greater.

2 years ago

I didn't really have a favourite last month. I had a mix of sucky games or ones replayed. I gave my favourite to No, thank you (b+b visual novel). I had fun with it but I had played it before it reached steam and it didn't quite hit the same as the 1st time I played it. I kinda expected it to be longer so when I finished it in like 13 hours it was like huh well thats done I guess.

2 years ago

I didn't really have a favourite last month. I had a mix of sucky games or ones replayed. I gave my favourite to No, thank you (b+b visual novel). I had fun with it but I had played it before it reached steam and it didn't quite hit the same as the 1st time I played it. I kinda expected it to be longer so when I finished it in like 13 hours it was like huh well thats done I guess.

I see! That's the first LGBTQ+ visual novel I'm aware of. I normally don't play visual novels as I've noticed. In fact, I never actually did. I am a lazy reader and I tend to prefer to hear the conversation, unless the visual novel is containing that.

I checked your profile and I can see you really love that kind of games. Very interesting. I'm pretty sure you've got some personal favorite. That being said, as a newbie non visual novel gamer, what would you recommend as your top 5-10 visual novels?

2 years ago

Yes my favourite visual novel is fruit of grisaia. It was one of my first and I just fell in love. As you can see I got a nice row of those characters, my top badge + profile picture is of my favourite girl ever from that game. I own the anime and a figurine of my favourite girl.

My whole favourite games showcase is just 12 visual novels. I really like Princess Evangile which was my 1st ever visual novel, you can see my favourite character from it is my background + my christmas picture. Oh also a badge

Kindred Spirits is one of my favourite yuri which is girl + girl. You can see my badges, I own the videos + the manga which I'm yet to read.

Higurashi is a great series. Unlike the rest its not really romance but more suspense/gory. Guess what I got badges a whole row for the 6 games I've played so far. Plus some more below that don't fit my main circle theme

Ozmafia is a pretty good otome (male interests, female mc) Its like fairy tale characters like red riding hood, wizard of oz, hansel and gretel. First thing I ever brought with steam points was for a background in this game, £5 was a bit expensive so I was overjoyed getting it finally thanks to the new system which I still use

I'm a big fan of Roseverte games. Another otome creator. East tower was one, maybe even my first gift ever. I just find something charming about the games, especially with the later games where the art does a 180

Dogenzaka Lab is another team I really like. They also do otomes. When I was younger I started with phone visual novels and I never got to read them because I wasn't gonna pay so I loved seeing them on steam. One I did do was Forbidden Love. People don't apparently like it but it was one of the stories I could read and I loved it

You can get some stories with an English voice over. Off the top of my head theres my lady and lake of voices. I don't really like voice overs, it kinda puts me off. Like I wanna hear the sound but then I'm reading faster then they are speaking so I have to just mute the game.

2 years ago

Yes my favourite visual novel is fruit of grisaia. It was one of my first and I just fell in love. As you can see I got a nice row of those characters, my top badge + profile picture is of my favourite girl ever from that game. I own the anime and a figurine of my favourite girl.

Woah, that's quite the dedication for a game. I admire that! 👏🏻

Kindred Spirits is one of my favourite yuri which is girl + girl. You can see my badges, I own the videos + the manga which I'm yet to read.

The name reminds me of my previous named Instagram account. My wife used to manage an Instagram page called Kindred Spirits and I did Kindred Souls. Still doing it now, just that there's no more Kindred Spirits. 🤔

Ozmafia is a pretty good otome (male interests, female mc) Its like fairy tale characters like red riding hood, wizard of oz, hansel and gretel. First thing I ever brought with steam points was for a background in this game, £5 was a bit expensive so I was overjoyed getting it finally thanks to the new system which I still use

I've spent a lot more than £5 on my profile. I don't regret it. 🤣

You can get some stories with an English voice over. Off the top of my head theres my lady and lake of voices. I don't really like voice overs, it kinda puts me off. Like I wanna hear the sound but then I'm reading faster then they are speaking so I have to just mute the game.

If they are done well, I like to listen. I prefer audiobooks over reading books as my mind tends to wonder a lot when I read.

Thank you for the lists, I will wishlist this visual novels and see if ever I get my hands to play such games, I will see. Are they more oriented towards female or male audience? I'm a bit confused. I mean, I don't have a problem, but as a guy, I do like the protagonist to sometimes be a male, as I can identify with it better. It's not a must, but I do like that.

Send them to my wife as she loves visual novels.

2 years ago*

Most of the major games are male mc with female interests. Its quite easy to see between what it more female and what is more male. Like grisaia and princess evangile are both male. But grisaia is more intense. It's a school for troubled kids and the mc is a killer secret agent. Its not your typical romance. While princess evangile is more tame. It's all about a guy who enters a girl school in hopes of making the school co-ed. It's more school life and any action is left until character routes and minimal

There's a lot of sex related novels to get through, since steam allowed adult content you have to go through quite a bit to get to the interesting games. Stuff like zero escape and danganronpa are some nice stories. They are more puzzle related games.

I've played so many visual novels its hard to really remember and pick out the truly good ones that aren't just romance. Cho Denki stryker is a more action packed stories, its also got the normal male lead.

Oh clannad is a decent novel. It is a romance one but its also an anime. Its very loved, praised as one of the best.

Not sure if you've played corpse party but we got 2 visual novels based on that. Better then the actual sequels

2 years ago

There's a lot of sex related novels to get through, since steam allowed adult content you have to go through quite a bit to get to the interesting games. Stuff like zero escape and danganronpa are some nice stories. They are more puzzle related games.

You'd be surprised, but I've never really been into sex related games. I personally keep that private and don't mix my gaming with adult stuff. I don't mind romance, heck, I watch Korean Drama with my wife at times, if the plot is interesting. If it turns into a complete hentai fiesta, I'll probably not ignore it, if it got me unprepared, but generally I'd never particularly pick games that have sexual content in it, to the point it's explicit or downright p**nhub. 🤣

clannad

Clannad the anime made me tier up like a baby after watching just season 1. 😅 I've not watched anime since I was 17. I've seen a few far in between, but not intensively as before. That doesn't mean I'll turn down an game or visual novel for being anime or stuff.

Not sure if you've played corpse party but we got 2 visual novels based on that. Better then the actual sequels

Never have. A lot of the games I've played in my entire Steam life are Western influenced and not as much from the East. The only Korean/Japanese titles I've played were MMO's.

2 years ago

I got some Korean visual novels but they are otome. Dandelion and nameless

2 years ago

I see, that would probably interest my wife. 😃

2 years ago

February was really packed for me
I have been gaming on gog for the last few months, the games that were given for free
My February favorites:
on GoG: Shadow Warrior 2, Journey to the savage planet & Ghostrunner
on Steam: Mafia: Definitive Edition & Mafia II (Classic)
Gaming-wise it was a superb month

2 years ago

Shadow Warrior 2

Preparing for the 3rd one?

Journey to the savage planet

Tell me a bit about Journey To The Savage Planet, as I've never heard about it. Is it mainly focused on MP or SP?

Ghostrunner

Personally one of my favorite 'platformers' if you can even call it that. It was a really good game, challenging as hell too.

Mafia: Definitive Edition

Played the classic, I plan on revisiting the remaster at some point.

Mafia II (Classic)

Didn't pick the Remastered I see, is it still flawed?

Gaming-wise it was a superb month

I can see that! 😂

2 years ago

Preparing for the 3rd one?

The timing was just a coincidence really, but I'm looking forward to the 3rd game .. when it becomes really cheap so don't think it would be anytime soon.

Tell me a bit about Journey To The Savage Planet, as I've never heard about it. Is it mainly focused on MP or SP?

A FPS game, but the setting is pleasantly colorful .. it is SP campaign game, but it can also be played in 2 player co-op .. sadly co-op is laggy and has connection issues.
Journey, Ghostrunner and Control all their gog versions were given free on Amazon prime all from the same publisher 505 Games .. and all of them are really good games
I Also played Ghostrunner expansion Project_Hel which was released almost a week ago, really good dlc .. I do hope this game will get more content.

Played the classic, I plan on revisiting the remaster at some point.

Actually Mafia: Definitive Edition is a remake not a remaster . it was fantastic though I never played its original game
As for Mafia II (Classic) I downloaded it because it was small in size (about 9GB) and I was running out of data quota last month .. I purchased Mafia trilogy last month so Mafia II Definitive Edition (& Mafia III Definitive Edition) are also included .. will download them in the near future.

Mafia II Classic is great but has one really annoying issue for me:
on the new laptop (the one with RTX 2070) I get some black textures that lead to couple of seconds freeze and then crash to desktop .. this happen from 15 to 40 mins of playing
On the older laptop (with geforce 840M) it never crashes
I hope the remastered won't have this constant crashing issue on the new laptop.

2 years ago

The timing was just a coincidence really, but I'm looking forward to the 3rd game .. when it becomes really cheap so don't think it would be anytime soon.

While doing my listings, I discovered too. I've also purchased the first 2 as I plan to play them some day.

A FPS game, but the setting is pleasantly colorful .. it is SP campaign game, but it can also be played in 2 player co-op .. sadly co-op is laggy and has connection issues.

I would have loved to play this one co-op with my wife, but oh well. Sad. 😥

Journey, Ghostrunner and Control all their gog versions were given free on Amazon prime all from the same publisher 505 Games .. and all of them are really good games

I do check often on Amazon Prime, I think I must have missed it or I already have them. I got Control already on Steam and I think on Amazon Prime too.

I Also played Ghostrunner expansion Project_Hel which was released almost a week ago, really good dlc .. I do hope this game will get more content.

Oh I see? I had no idea. I may need to revisit it as I finished it last year, although I didn't go over all achievements. Quite a difficult game.

Actually Mafia: Definitive Edition is a remake not a remaster . it was fantastic though I never played its original game

That's good! Because I really loved the Mafia 1 & 2. It deserved a good remake.

As for Mafia II (Classic) I downloaded it because it was small in size (about 9GB) and I was running out of data quota last month .. I purchased Mafia trilogy last month so Mafia II Definitive Edition (& Mafia III Definitive Edition) are also included .. will download them in the near future.

Mafia II Classic is great but has one really annoying issue for me:
on the new laptop (the one with RTX 2070) I get some black textures that lead to couple of seconds freeze and then crash to desktop .. this happen from 15 to 40 mins of playing
On the older laptop (with geforce 840M) it never crashes
I hope the remastered won't have this constant crashing issue on the new laptop.

Actually the Definitive Edition of the Mafia 2 is known to be buggy and reviews were quite harsh on it when it launched. People got unhappy with it.

2 years ago

the Witcher 3, finally got the hand of it and was having a blast, finished the base game and the small DLC, about to start the last DLC when i heard that the game is getting a free graphics upgrade in the coming months so decided to wait for that.

2 years ago*

Sheesh! That's a game I must play too! Is it as good as people claim it to be?

2 years ago

i would say so, it was a bit overwhelming for me at the start, but a couple of guides and i got the hand of it, it has it all a good RPG should have exploration + good combat + really wheel designed quest and cool story to both. And there's boobs in it.

2 years ago

🤣🤣🤣 You got me with the last part.

2 years ago

Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Actually i was only play first game and found it very repetitive long years ago. Brotherhood was fun

2 years ago

Old games felt fresh and new. Probably that's why it killed the spark. Out of all the Assassin's Creed to-date, which one is your favorite by setting and story? Personally, it's Origin for me hands down for the character and the setting.

2 years ago

Since i only played ac1, ac2, and brotherhood my favorite is brotherhood (I already have all games from series except ac rogue, but i've just started).
I installed revelations yesterday i'm in the early stages so i cant say something about that one.

2 years ago

Let me know about it, I'm a old time fan of the franchise and I follow closely the evolution of the franchise. Played everything except Valhalla, as I'm waiting to feel like spending 200+ hours in a game can be quite a drag. I hate that about the recent AC's, as some areas should not be that massive. Although I appreciate their effort on recreating or creating historical location pretty accurately.

2 years ago

I play UFS and HoMM3 mostly. And i tried the demo of UFS 2 and it looked quite promising IMO. So i currently enjoy and look forward to fishing.

2 years ago

I know about HoMM3, but you lost me on the UFS game. What does it stand for?

2 years ago

Ultimate Fishing Simulator

2 years ago

Oh it was you who mentioned it earlier. Was going over the whole comments and didn't notice. 🤣

2 years ago

state of mind and the complex. one is a great sci-fi point & click with not many puzzles and a few annoying arcadey sections, the other is a fun interactive movie with scene skip after the first playthrough.

2 years ago

Oh, I've seen State of Mind on SG. I've not checked what kind of game it was. The Complex looks interesting. A 'game' in a movie? I've seen a couple, but not enough. They are not as popular because you'd not want a movie as a game.

The best one I can say, that felt like a movie was Detroit: Become Human that I've enjoyed a lot on my PS4. Funny enough, a couple of months after I purchased it, it came for PC.

2 years ago

the complex and a few others are really just interactive movies: watch a scene, make a decision, another scene, another decision, etc. kinda like a visual novel or choose your own adventure book/game, but I have a soft spot for fmv in games and cheesy b-movies in general, so they're perfect for me, even if they're often not movies I'd watch normally.

detroit and other recent quantic dream stuff is more involved. not a lot more, but you're moving around, tons of qte, so they can be more stressful. I watched let's plays of heavy rain and beyond since I was never gonna have a console, but they released them all on pc before I could watch detroid, so I might as well play it myself at some point. gonna do heavy rain and beyond too, might as well make my own decisions.

2 years ago

the complex and a few others are really just interactive movies: watch a scene, make a decision, another scene, another decision, etc. k

Oh, so similar to Telltale Games, but with real actors?

kinda like a visual novel or choose your own adventure book/game, but I have a soft spot for fmv in games and cheesy b-movies in general, so they're perfect for me, even if they're often not movies I'd watch normally.

This reminds me of some similar things seen on YouTube back in 2010 or 2012. People used to make decision games and based on each one, you'll be redirected to a new video. It was fun.

detroit and other recent quantic dream stuff is more involved. not a lot more, but you're moving around, tons of qte, so they can be more stressful. I watched let's plays of heavy rain and beyond since I was never gonna have a console, but they released them all on pc before I could watch detroid, so I might as well play it myself at some point. gonna do heavy rain and beyond too, might as well make my own decisions.

Didn't play the two, but they are on my wishlist and I will get to play them 100%. I'm all for the good story driven games.

2 years ago

even less interaction than later telltale stuff, as you still move around occasionally there, at least the ones I played (batman, borderlands), but yeah, same general idea. there are other fmv games, old and new, that are more involved, of course, but simpler things can also be fun. in fact, something like erica (also on playstation) was pretty annoying because it wanted you to do every small action yourself for 'immersion'. lighting a lighter, turning a page, etc. too much.

2 years ago

Well if you seek only a story from a game, if you can even call it that, I guess it can be frustrating, but I personally have no problem.

If I feel less involved in a game like that I can't classify it as a game, but rather an interactive movie.

2 years ago

that's what I said. the complex is an interactive movie. more recent telltale games and quantic dream stuff aren't much more either, having to walk around a bit between two cutscenes doesn't add much gameplay.

2 years ago

well yeah, I guess, but I do feel it's more towards a game than a full on movie. It's just my thought.

2 years ago

Probably Red dead redemption 2. I am not really horse girl, but really enjoyed game, only thing what I haven't enjoyed about was game forcing me to play as criminal, not what I usually prefer.

2 years ago

Sometimes going out of your comfort zone is what matters. Rockstar always liked to place character in that transparent area. You're either a psychopath (Trevor from GTA 5), criminal, robber or a bully (Bully the game).

Personally I like the idea if people would just commit crimes in games as it allows you to explore areas of the world you'd be afraid to try to not get arrested, persecuted or killed.

Sometimes games are great to get you out of comfort zone. My wife always tells me that she loves to make her character dress sexy, as she normally is more conservative in real life. It's good to try new stuff.

Anyway, how much it took you to finish it? If you did.

2 years ago

After 68 hours I can barely tell I am in half. It has fishing which slow my progresses in games to 0 and I really enjoyed horse taming mechanism, I spent like 20 hours just to find Appalossa with spots as that is real cowboy horse to me. After stalking areas for wild one I had to stole it to some innocent people.
But worth it.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2759254407

2 years ago

That's a pretty horse. Btw, how is EXEL II? Since I saw you playing it. 😄

2 years ago

I've barely played anything in the last few months, but if I have to pick something for February I'll go with Mekorama, a mobile game I tried once like three years ago and was kinda buggy on my old phone but ran fine on my new one. About the game itself it's a diorama-esque puzzler that includes physics to complicate some of the puzzles.

2 years ago

Mekorama looks awesome for a mobile game. People make fun of mobile gamers as not real gamers, but sometimes a mobile game feels a lot better than playing a heavy one on PC or console.

I've not played mobile games in years. Recently, I've picked up a few games on my phone, as my job kind permits me to bug around my phone while I wait. I would have not done it if it wasn't for an app that I'm trying to use. MistPlay basically monitors your games that they are partnered with and you get points. After playing enough, you can convert those point in real cash.

So, because I've got options, I picked the most generating points maker, RAID: Shadow Legends and now it may sound like I'm sponsored or something. 🤣 But I'm not. I'm actually enjoying it more than the others because I can actually afk farm the game and aside of this, I think the graphics are quite good for a mobile game.

I've picked it up years before, when I saw it sponsored by someone and didn't like it. I had a reason to play it and well, now I'm doing it every single day for the points. I've been using the app for about 2 weeks and so far, I'm about to make £10. But I'm trying to get to £15, so that I can pretty much decide to buy a game on my PC with that points and money. 😅

I normally don't play anymore mobile games because I need my battery, but where I work now, I can just keep my phone afk farming and plugged in the charger.

Anyway, I think I rambled a lot. Keep it up, and have fun in your game. See if you can get any use of your gaming with MistPlay if you wish. It's not a referral link, and I'm not sure it's working with Apple, so you better check alternatives if you want to game with purpose. 😄

2 years ago

The thing about mobile for me is that even tho I try to play more genres I always end up mostly playing puzzle games, it's something about the touch interface that feels right for dragging things around but not for anything more action oriented, but that's probably just me being way too used to play anything even remotely action-y with a controller. Back when phones had keys I actually played a lot of varied games, despite old J2ME games being pretty crappy whenever I look back and try them again.

2 years ago

I think it makes a lot of sense. I'm used to playing strategy or similar games with RAID. Half-AFK and Half-Interactive so I don't do too much on it. I can leave it running while I work and I don't spend much time in front of my screen. It's easier for me. If I was to be more interactive with my games, I'd probably pick any kind of genre. But your game looks nice, so props for that!

2 years ago

GRIS. I played it because of some discussion, and the art and visual animation were incredible. Although I didn't fully understand the game story. I am really grateful for the discussion. =)

2 years ago

Discussions? I have this game in the wishlist. I got interested by the visuals too.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Wildermyth

My wife recommended me this game because she knew I like turn-base strategy games.

Though I started up Blazing Beaks again to try the "Hard Shell" achievement... and it all spiraled from there - 77hrs total now.

Although I've never heard or played many pixel games lately, I like this one. Wishlisted. 🤣

The achievement sounds difficult.

View attached image.
2 years ago

I finally was able to play through Outer Wilds in February and I understand why it got so much praise

2 years ago

Oh! I have it in my library, but I didn't play it. Does it have an end or is a continuous game? Because when I read exploration and how it looks, it feels like it's a game you can play on infinity.

2 years ago

It's one of those games thats best to go into blind, but it does have an end

2 years ago

Yeah, I've seen that and I've avoided spoilers. Didn't even watch a video, besides the trailer, which is kinda mysterious of itself. I will play it, but was it long?

2 years ago

I usually check howlongtobeat.com for times to complete stuff, it took me under 20 hours to finish which seems on par with the average.

2 years ago

It does say 15 hours for main campaign, but I'd like to ask people that actually had a feel for it in real. Records don't always add up. My Yooka-Laylee shows that completionist it should be finished in about 25 hours.

It wasn't the case for me.

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago

I played through Far Cry 4 after beating Primal back in January (my first Far Cry experience). Loved so many aspects of it, and I can't believe it took this long to get into the Far Cry series to begin with.

2 years ago

I've only played Far Cry 1 & 2, back in 2021, for the first time. So don't worry, you're not the first doing it. 🤣 I need to play Far Cry 3, but I need space between open worlds as they really drain my time. I pace them with something punchy, fast and story-focused if I can.

Primal was one of the least appreciated by the fans. I personally found it super interesting too and I am eager to play it too.

2 years ago

+1 on the space aspect, especially if you're a completionist! I 100%'d Primal and almost immediately jumped into 4. I got to about 80% on 4 before feeling burned out, and got to 90% before putting it down. 3 is the "big one", haven't touched it yet but got it from Ubisoft for free :)

Definitely agree about Primal though, for what it was it was really cool, the sights were awesome and the places were fun enough to explore.

2 years ago

+1 on the space aspect, especially if you're a completionist!

Wasn't really thinking I'll go with that, but more with the character really, to fit it's theme. But, thank you! I try to be, for the games I enjoy, I try to complete them, if not the story if it has one, or the most part if it's a sandbox experience, with infinite repeatability.

100%'d Primal and almost immediately jumped into 4. I got to about 80% on 4 before feeling burned out, and got to 90% before putting it down.

The newer the game, the bigger it gets according to what I've seen from Ubisoft. It keeps you in it for days on end, but most of the time, only far in between the game is fun if you think about it. As an Assassin's Creed fan, I can see that with recent games. I do feel Fry Cry is very much the same, but with FPS elements. The things that hold me together is the main campaign and my ill mind to get every single collectable, do every single side quest and explore every nook and cranny of the map.

I sometimes need time to play something more linear or smaller by size because I just get drained out. It's good to jogle in between several genres to not get burned out and quit before I finish the game. I always leave the campaign for last in most cases. I tend to go for side quests and exploration first. Once the area is clean, I do the main mission.

3 is the "big one", haven't touched it yet but got it from Ubisoft for free :)

I'm surprised you've decided to play them in a different order for release. Unless a game has a chronology to it, I'd never play newer to then old. The only one I can recall doing that was Halo, played Reach then Halo CE which had luckily an visual update, but was missing out on some content, to just follow the story-line from there.

I tend to appreciate games that kinda slowly show how much they have evolved graphically and sometimes gameplay wise.

2 years ago

I've just started dipping my toe into Far Cry 4, and I gotta say it is much more fun than I thought it would be (especially based on vague memories of the first game). I feel this is going to be one of my main games for March for sure.

2 years ago

That's awesome! Have fun with the game.

2 years ago

Cyberpunk 2077 after update 1.50 has improved performance a lot, I think it's a good time to play it if you haven't done it yet or because of the bugs you decided to leave it

2 years ago

I've not yet played it. I have it gathering dust in my library at the moment. I wanted to give it time to make sure that the game is fully functional and has a beginning and end without bugs that would ruin the experience.

My wife loved it and recommended it. All that bitter hate online can really ruin your own judgement of games. It's not a masterpiece, but it sure a nice atmospheric game worth playing, if it works.

2 years ago

Currently it could be said that it is close to what its final version should be, it corrected AI problems, graphic effects, driving, graphic performance improved a lot and despite the fact that there may be small bugs or errors, I would say that they are not as annoying as in its original version. launch, today you can enjoy the game correctly.

2 years ago

That's good to know. I'm glad CD Project Red made sure their game is in a functional way. I think the story was finished as far as I've heard even before, but there were some issues with some side quests.

2 years ago

I've started playing Don't Starve last month. It is addicting. I foresee many more hours in that game for me :)

2 years ago

That's a game that if you click with it, it will hold you for hours on end. 😃

2 years ago

I started playing Timberborn a month ago and i must say i am enjoying the game every single time i start it :D Still playing my first map, so plenty of things left to do :D

2 years ago

This game is on my wishlist. Can't wait for it to leave early access.

2 years ago

I'm also avoiding early access things, because I don't like to play games that are kinda unfinished and I need to wait for patches and updates to finally play it properly.

The only game I've made exception for is Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and I've spent a good 85 hours in the game and felt like I had a lot of fun. Some games are really well polished for early access that you can have a lot of fun anyway.

2 years ago

I rarely buy games, especially early access ones... But then i though "this looks interesting and i could give it a try, i can always refund in first 2 hours if i don't like it"... And then hours flew by me, can't remember when was the last time i enjoyed playing something that much :D

2 years ago

I just can't so early access. Some get abandoned, some change and become unrecognizable, some change their direction completely and what I liked about the games is no longer there, some add too much content after I'm already done with the game. It takes me years to think about replaying a game, no matter how much I enjoy it, when I'm done I'm done. That's why I prefer to wait until a game is in its final form, no matter how many years it takes. If I'm still interested in it by then, I'll play it, if not, oh well. Until then, early access games will stay tucked away in my wishlist.

2 years ago

I can understand that view completely and i am aware that early access games can be changed too much, abandoned etc. I usually avoid them too for the same reasons use mentioned :D I guess i was ready to risk it and that my risk paid off for me, even at current state i am pretty happy :)

2 years ago

I know how you feel, although sometimes we do get games that claim to be full and seem like early access titles to me. Sure, we can all blame covid, but it's becoming a trend.

2 years ago

I got burned a few years ago. I fell in love with an unfinished game, then they completely changed the mechanics, butchered the graphics, turned it into a mobile game, then abandoned it. I have not bought an early access game or supported a Kickstarter project ever since.

2 years ago

What game was that? 😥 I'm sorry for that.

2 years ago

I don't even remember the name. It was too long ago, 8-10 years ago maybe? It was supposed to be a multiplayer God game.

2 years ago

Oh well, maybe one day you'll remember. 🤣😅

2 years ago

Got this game on my radar the moment I saw news about it. I thought it was cute, but never thought it would be a great game. The reviews are astonishing.

2 years ago

I added it to wishlist as soon as i saw it and though this looks nice :D And then a month ago i talked with friend about it since he was watching someone play it on twitch or wherever and i gave it a second look... I guess that was more then enough for me to buy it, even though i don't buy that much games at full price, especially early access :D

2 years ago

The game is priced well in my opinion. A game that is below £20 that is also great is a treat.

2 years ago

ELDEN RING, which I must say is like an evolution of DS. And a second favorite is Vampire Survivors witch I've played a lot and devs continues to add chivos and new characters and maps, so I must play it more.

PS: there is wide screen support now, but is not official, is a hack, so you need to play in offline mode to use it without getting flagged as a cheater.

2 years ago*

ELDEN RING, which I must say is like an evolution of DS.

PS: there is wide screen support now, but is not official, is a hack, so you need to play in offline mode to use it without getting fagged as a cheater.

Purchased the game 1 day before it's launch. I've only played it a couple of hours. I am a bit busy with another game franchise that I want to finish and I didn't wanted to stop that for the game. I like to allocate my time for each game individually. I only play hectically 2-3 when I'm not enjoying the games. Plus, I want a proper Widescreen support. With tools I'm using I risk getting a VAC ban and I can't play online.

And a second favorite is Vampire Survivors witch I've played a lot and devs continues to add chivos and new characters and maps, so I must play it more.

Vampire Survivors is so well received by people that I grew curious to know why.

2 years ago

Vampire Survivors is an example of a simple concept done right and expanded on it.
Watch some gameplay, and judge for yourself.
Oh, and I think ppl praise it a lot because it offers a lot for its price, which is opposite of the modern games... that offer less and less with higher and higher prices

2 years ago

Yeah, well for that price is a real treat.

2 years ago

The February surprise for me was getting back into Zombie Army Trilogy; I've been having a regular virtual beer with a friend and after trying a few other things (BL3 - no real challenge, Breakwaters - co-op is still too janky), we settled on ZAT and it's been the perfect way to while away a Friday evening.
I also dipped my toe back into American Truck Simulator (and whilst I don't say that's just because I've recently gotten back into country music, it probably influences it...) and that has been a great way for me to decompress.

2 years ago

The February surprise for me was getting back into Zombie Army Trilogy; I've been having a regular virtual beer with a friend and after trying a few other things (BL3 - no real challenge, Breakwaters - co-op is still too janky), we settled on ZAT and it's been the perfect way to while away a Friday evening.

I see it's similar with Left 4 Dead. Interesting. 🤔

I also dipped my toe back into American Truck Simulator (and whilst I don't say that's just because I've recently gotten back into country music, it probably influences it...) and that has been a great way for me to decompress.

This and Euro Truck Simulator has been on my wishlist for a while, but I'd like to have maybe a wheel to learn a bit how to drive, although it's a totally different experience than a real car, I would like to try it for that.

2 years ago

For me ZAT works better than L4D in many ways. The pace, the atmosphere, It forces you to co-op a bit more. L4D2 is full of "speedrunners" nowadays and I hate that, they can't do that with ZAT. You don't have cheesy character dialog in ZAT and It's not really a downside since the OST and sound ambience is great.
Probably my favorite track https://youtu.be/4Q6j5MidJw0
L4D never grew on me despite It's a really balanced game and the AI is pretty damn good. It's even a bit annoying to have those characters on ZAT but whatever.

2 years ago

L4D didn't keep me either. I only dipped my toes in the game for a while.

I can't say I do enjoy necessarily games like that to be honest to play a long time, although I had my addiction with other repetitive games like MOBA's.

2 years ago

Closed 4 months ago by Vasharal.