Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Oh wow! Best of luck to you out there!

As for a game, I'm a simple person and Reigns: Her Majesty sounds like a fun one to me!

3 years ago

I heard about It but never tried too :) Anyway thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree, and thanks for the chance!

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

3 years ago

Thank you and welcome in the Giveaway ;)

3 years ago

Good luck!
ah, ma vedo che sei italiano! Buona fortuna allora, io dovrei laurearmi ad ottobre :D

3 years ago

Allora sei praticamente arrivato, ultimo sforzo! Coraggio e tieni duro! :D Un grandissimo in bocca al lupo anche a te!
Scegli pure un gioco da vincere nel caso venissi selezionato!

3 years ago

Good luck with your graduation 😉

I don't know how it helps you but... I would like to received someday Baldur's Gate 3 (just because my brother says he is going to give me Cyberpunk 2077 as my birthday gift)

3 years ago

Ohoh that's cool! I will sign Baldur's Gate 3 then! Thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree!
Studying is hard :(

Game: A Hat in Time

3 years ago

Yeah it becomes boring after a while...this is why we have games :P Thank you for joining and welcome in the Giveaway!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Feel free to choose what best suits your dreams :D Thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

Good luck, it'll take some time and hard work, but I'm sure you'll get there eventually!

Game: Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2

3 years ago

Yeah, the journey is long...but I can do it step by step :) Thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

All the very best for your studies! With EA releasing games on Steam, I'd like to request FIFA <enter grad year + 1>!! :3

3 years ago

Ahah what a nice formula :D Thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree!

Game: Cyberpunk 2077

3 years ago

Thank you and welcome in the Giveaway :)

3 years ago

I have a master in finance too. If you ever need help, reach out

3 years ago

That's amazing! You can feel the pain then :D I'm planning to deal with stochastic processes and some corporate exams in January..let's hope!
Feel free to choose a game, you are more than welcome! :)

3 years ago

Capitalism!

Just kidding. I have it, and it’s not that good. Baldur’s Gate 3
FYI if you haven’t already played it, Offworld Trading Company is the greatest finance-related game available right now.

3 years ago

Side note: for several years I had a job designing new financial products. Barely used any of what I learned during my Master’s. You’ll never use 90% of what you’re learning now, and 90% of what you’ll do in the real world is nothing you can learn in school.

3 years ago

Yeah, you are 120% right (Spyro 1 reference? :D). However they request a huge amount of useless knowledge just for the selections...

EDIT: What a shame...I wrote Spyro 2

3 years ago*

Well, seems like we're going to graduate almost together, I'd take my first degree in december, so I feel your pain :P with the difference that I started kinda late than usual, since I'm an '86. Hope you're not studyin in Bocconi btw :D

So, good luck with that, and lets partecipate with a game...I don't like to fly down, so: Borderlands 3!

3 years ago

That's cool! Knowledge doesn't have age mate! And that "Hope you're not studyin in Bocconi btw :D" killed me ahahahah No, luckly (or unluckly?) I'm not studying there :D Keep me updated about your one! :)

3 years ago

Mi manca solo la tesi e diciamo che, essendo una triennale in Scienze dell'educazione, a parte la sbatta per iniziare, scrivere una 40ina di pagine non è una cosa che mi stressi poi troppo, il più è stato iniziare a scrivere...salvo benestare del relatore che non si fa sentire da maggio, ecco :D

3 years ago

Bhe guarda che anche per la mia triennale è stata molto soft :D Ora sto sputando sangue per la magistrale...devo solo ingranare...Come ho trascritto non nego che dovrei essere a 60 CFU ora come ora...ma con calma e pazienza si fa tutto no? :D

3 years ago

I find it pretty interesting that you use the acronym ECT. In Poland I've always only seen "ECTS" and according to Wikipedia that's the most popular way of calling it in most countries 🤔

I'm actually right in the middle of writing an application to approve my master thesis subject (in the field of Computer Science) that I'm going to work on over the starting academic year. Good luck on your thesis from a fellow student! :)

The game I choose is NieR:Automata

3 years ago

Yeah, here in Italy they are called "CFU" but since the master is delivered in english and we have many international students we use ECTs too. I also see the weight of each ECTs is the same as in Poland! :D

Wish you good luck for your one buddy! :)

3 years ago

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.
My choice for a game would be Evenicle.

What bothers me though is the fact that the last option exists, and what bothers me more is that 11 people have picked it.
Why???

3 years ago

Well, the poll is one of the first things I've created in this thread. I wanted to be somehow ironic..To be honest (even if I have to admit I'm quite touchy) I don't care so much about it and I take it as "a part of the game". :)
Or better, let's see the huge number of people who wanted to support my journey! I didn't expect so much audience neither such partecipation...and what about all the beautiful words in above comments? I'm getting proud of what I've created! :D

3 years ago

Ah lovely ECTS, I remember chasing them haha. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Best of luck!

I don't know if anyone asked before but do you already know (more or less) what you want to write your thesis about?

Game: A Plague Tale: Innocence

3 years ago

Well, I really don't know to be honest :D Basically, I would like to focus on exams since they are the main problem :D

3 years ago

Fair enough, you still have plenty of time :)

3 years ago

I will keep you updated as soon as I decide something :D

3 years ago

Good luck with graduating, school is tough these days, especially with the virus. Make sure you're getting enough water, sleep and rest. And stay safe.

If you could, STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town please. Thank you for doing this ;w;/

3 years ago

Thank you! :) I have to take care especially of sleep and rest..I used to overwork too much during my bachelor...:(

3 years ago

Good luck!
Wish the best for your graduation.
The game I choose is horizon zero dawn

3 years ago

Thank you! Sorry for the late answer but lessons are started :)

3 years ago

DO YOUR BEST, mate! i love to hear this... someone will be happy about their effort upon education..

I want Horizon Zero Dawn.. thank u...

Really wish u a very good LUCK!

3 years ago

I will do my best for sure! :D

3 years ago

Best of luck to you and your graduation!
It's really troublesome but you'll push through in the end <3

As for my entry, I guess Beyond: Two Souls seems like a solid choice.

3 years ago

Yeah it is...but nothing is impossible! :D

3 years ago

Much respect for pursuing further education. As someone who stopped after 4 years, I know how tiring the journey is.

As for the game, I cordially request Sayonara Wild Hearts.

3 years ago

I'm really sorry about that and I perfectly know the feeling...I've also started thinking about quitting but the reasons why I stay are worth more than the reasons why I should quit...I just hope you are fine and you left for your own reasons and not for "other" facts. Wish you the best!

3 years ago

I suppose "stopped" wasn't quite the right word to use. I successfully graduated and am now employed in a relevant field. :D
Good to know that the benefits outweight the potential negatives in your case. It's definitely a hard line to see at times.

3 years ago

Oh then congratulations man! :) I probably misunderstood the concept :D

3 years ago

I wish you good luck. I think this is very important to you.
P.S: As for the swing of the game, I would not mind getting Crusader Kings II

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us! Sorry for the late answer but lessons are started :)

3 years ago

Best of luck on pursuing your degree! The game I choose will be Yakuza Kiwami.

3 years ago

3 years ago

I pick: Dying Light 2

Tanto scommetto che lo mettono nel monthly di HB del mese precedente alla tua laurea :P
Buona fortuna ^^

3 years ago

Ahahaha ti immagini? :D

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree

My choice would be Elden Ring, that shit is expensive in my country.

3 years ago*

Sure you can change your game until the day before the degree!

3 years ago

Good luck with your exams, I know how it is - I'm trying to finish my studies too. :/
As an entry I'd like Planet Zoo game.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Well, wishing you the best too then! :D

3 years ago

Best of luck!

3 years ago

Feel free to entry, you are more than welcome! :D

3 years ago

No worries! Any thoughts post-gradutation? Only people I know with Finance degrees ended up as accountants but I assume you would only need a bachelors for accounting (maybe I am wrong though)? I suppose Professors and CFOs probably also have the same degree tho.

Edit: Since I am forgetful and don't want to be disqualified for forgetting to list something but many things can happen in two years... Assuming we are both around here two years from now, I will say that my choice is your pick of anything on my steam wishlist. That should solve for anything I buy / lost interest in as well as giving you a break if your financial situation is less than expected two years later (there is plenty of smaller stuff in addition to AAA's). :-)

3 years ago*

Potentially even a high school diploma would be enough...Anyway I would avoid the accounting field like the plague :D I'm too far from that world and my formation is pretty different from that. I will update you about my post-graduation path in the next future (I hope) :)

Yeah, you are perfectly right...two years are a lot! However you are right about the fact I will still be here and there on steamgifts :D

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.