Here's a short manual of how to get over 400p.

1) Enter a giveaway that finishes after long hours in the future.
2) Wait your points to refill back to 400.
3) Leave the giveaway that you entered in point 1) - The points you are getting back will not take into account the limit of 400p.

It was funny to exploit this ,but probably it is not entirely fair :-). I hope it will be fixed soon.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

You literally don't earn anything by using this "exploit", so it is not an exploit.

(The only thing you gain is a higher number of the current points, but that doesn't help you anyhow)

3 years ago

I beg to differ. I used to do this a lot and its very handy when there are no interesting games. I like to say that i "invest" in later giveaways. And when a good bundle comes up, people usually bomb the site with keys, many of them with short windows. If there is a game or two I'd really like, its better to go for the short, 1 hour GA's, as these have less entries, which equals more chance. The daily 400 point limit is, more often than not, less than the needed amount for every GA of that given title when the "bombing" starts. So by hoarding points like this, you can increase your chances to get a specific game you want.
I've got Evoland like this lately.
Edit: not to mention that between the releases of better bundles, there are long days with boring, uninteresting titles, when all the refilling points would go to waste anyways, if one is not willing to enter for any shovelware they see. And i am not. I'd rather go for something I'd actually play.

3 years ago

This "trick" is as old as Steamgifts... :P not really an "exploit", you are just returning unused points, the 400p limit is to avoid people who don't log regularly to hoard hundreds of thousands of points :P

3 years ago

It's all fair you get 6 points every 15 minutes and then you decide what to do with that.

3 years ago

It's already ridiculously slow to have 400 points with the new system.....
Nobody got time for that.

3 years ago

I have mostly 300p laying around unused....
Maybe not enter all and you have enough points.

3 years ago

I barely can enter my wishlist....and it's hell when there is a new bundle.
It was way better before.

3 years ago

Out of curiousity, how big is your wishlist ?
Mine is nearly at 1k and i don't have that problems.

3 years ago

~300. Currently, I don't even enter "Strange Brigade" because there is no point for that.
I used to enter everything to not waste point, but now there is no nothing... so even by focusing only on my wishlist (and few big AAA randomly), I have to skip game. Few years ago, when a bundle was out, it was raining points, now when there is a bundle you have to wait 2h to enter ONE game....so if the timer is for 1h? No luck.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

That would be quite awesome! Invite sent :)

3 years ago

How dare you report an abuse we've all known and have kept quiet about!

Just kidding. I think the 400 points limit is more about preventing inactive people from gaining thousands of points for not doing anything rather than preventing active members from getting a lot of points. I'm pretty sure CG knows about this and has decided to keep it that way for that reason.

3 years ago

I think a lot of people do it, especially since the point system change in 2017. You can store a few thousand points if you don't enter many giveaways.

For people like me who only enter for games they are interested in playing (I currently have over 17,000 games blocked on SG), there are very few giveaways to enter. This means that my points are almost always maxed at 400 and I don't continue getting more like all the people that just enter every giveaway they can because all they want is a +1 on their Steam account. This allows those people to have much higher odds of winning because they are getting a lot more points and entering many more giveaways.

Storing points in future giveaways allows you to bank the same amount of points that everyone else is getting and use them in the future if there is a bundle for something you want and a bunch of people start creating giveaways for it. The issue is that it takes a lot of work to manually store points and keep track of all the giveaways so you can remove your entry before the giveaways end. Because of the amount of work it takes, it's only worth storing points in high value giveaways and there aren't enough of them to store all the points, so it's still not possible to get as many points as other users, especially the ones that use bots to make sure all their points get used. People that use bots or just enter everything they can to use all their points are using 17,280 points every month while others may only spend a few thousand points or less depending on how many giveaways are created for games they are interested in.

It would be much easier to have a bot manage your stored points for you, but I don't know how to program and I wouldn't do it anyway because bots are against the rules.

3 years ago*

I was thinking about creating such a script - it can be done with selenium or with a chrome plugin (second option is probably easier).
May I'll try but I don't if will have the time. If I succeed I'll share it.

3 years ago

Please don't. Using a bot is against the rules. I don't know if people are still being suspended for it, but I know they have been in the past.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/ZIVso/autojoin-scripts
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/h9RxE/autojoin-suspensions

3 years ago*

thanks.

3 years ago

Yes they get still be suspended for it.

3 years ago

^ This.

More to the point, "banking" (and entering every possible giveaway) is mostly a waste of time.

3 years ago*

This is not an exploit but a perfectly documented feature (look for "How many points (P) can I receive?"). Reading docs could help sometimes.

3 years ago

Yeh! I was confused with the topic to :)
Congratulations! He found a well documented feature!!! 10 points to Gryfindor!

3 years ago

I stopped using this site for the giveaways a long time ago, so.

3 years ago

profitz®

Konradz it's you?

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

And the issue was?

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

That is called "banking," and it is not an exploit. It was most often used during major SG events, where thousands of points of games were given away in a short period of time, but restrictions on gifting (thanks to Valve) have killed off such events. These days, "banking" has been largely abandoned due to point-cap and point-generation increases. Users are now able to enter virtually every giveaway they may want.

3 years ago

I will just add that if you're already on the cap of 400, and one of the giveaways you entered in is deleted - you will also go above the the limit. As points are returned to the people who entered, so they can use it on another giveaway.

3 years ago

If you either win a giveaway for a game or sync after activating a game that steamgifts can recognize, all your entries are automatically removed from all running giveaways for that game and the used points are refunded.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.