April 2023 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ April 25th, 2023: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† May 2nd 2023: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT
Customers from China receive a EGS key instead of a Steam key (confirmed), but they can redeem the ROW key that everyone else receives: {sub/665843}

Rollerdrome

Revita

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Pathogen Expansion DLC that you can purchase with the 40% off Humble Store coupon from this bundle is also region locked
(source).

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (EU)
๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (SEA)
๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (LATAM)

๐Ÿ” gift links notification (ROW purchase)

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month

(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

Note:

• Owners of the original "non-Director's Cut" Death Stranding are to be unable to redeem the key from this bundle (the sub has this flag: "CantOwnAppToPurchase DEATH STRANDING (1190460)"). To redeem it, removing the old sub first is required. Info on how to do that can be found here or in the official post from 505games
  • Life is Strange 2 Complete Season includes the Life is Strange 2 - Mascot Bundle DLC. It could be that preorder keys are currently accidentally allocated; if this is the case they will probably be replaced later.
    Everyone who doesn't own this Mascot DLC or who bought the episodes separately will be able to redeem the key on top of it (because of the extra Mascot DLC included in the package), wasting it for a tiny / irrelevant DLC app.
  • Life is Strange 2 Complete Season is not sold on the store as a package, therefore it's not indexed on SG. To create giveaways of it, you can use app 874661 "Life is Strange 2 - Episodes 2-5 bundle" (it might be switched from full CV to partial CV later)

๐ŸŒŸ 2023-08-23: Rollerdrome out of stock (at least for EU) (source)
๐ŸŒŸ 2023-11-06: Rollerdrome back in stock (at least for EU) (source)
๐ŸŒŸ 2023-11-06: Rollerdrome out of stock (at least for EU) (source)
๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-12-13: Rollerdrome back in stock at least for EU) (source)

โฉ LEAKS for MAY โช

Coupons available:

๐ŸŒŸ $8 / 1 month with IGN Rewards, new accounts only (source)
๐ŸŒŸ Taiwan only: Use HBLINE456 for US$8 for the first 3 months (source)

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT 93% of 12362 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/1850570 W 0 $39.99
Aliens: Fireteam Elite 81% of 14587 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1549970 W 0 $29.99
Rollerdrome 94% of 1009 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1294420 W 0 $29.99
Life is Strange 2 Complete Season (incl. Mascot Bundle DLC) No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 5.09 CV sub/301895 0 $33.95
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante 91% of 4625 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1272160 W 0 $19.99
Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp 97% of 4167 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.80 CV app/1140270 W M L 1 $11.99
Revita 83% of 1365 - ๐Ÿ† 2.55 CV app/1175460 W 0 $16.99
Founders' Fortune 83% of 1630 - ๐Ÿ† 3.30 CV app/1104330 W M 0 $21.99

Life is Strange 2 Complete Season (incl. Mascot Bundle DLC) contains the following items (pls check the note above before trying to redeem the key):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Life is Strange 2 85% of 28312 โค ๐Ÿ† 0.00 CV โ˜  app/532210 W M L 0* $7.99
Life is Strange 2 - Episode 2 (DLC) 74% of 256 - - 7.99 CV app/895490 W M L 0 $7.99
Life is Strange 2 - Episode 3 (DLC) 73% of 234 - - 7.99 CV app/895491 W M L 0 $7.99
Life is Strange 2 - Episode 4 (DLC) 47% of 339 - - 7.99 CV app/895492 W M L 0 $7.99
Life is Strange 2 - Episode 5 (DLC) 72% of 220 - - 7.99 CV app/895493 W M L 0 $7.99
Life is Strange 2 - Episodes 2-5 bundle (DLC) 81% of 144 - - 32.99 CV app/874661 W M L 0 $32.99
Life is Strange 2 - Arcadia Bay Patches DLC (DLC) 100% of 7 - - 0 CV app/872070 W M L 0 $ -
Life is Strange 2 - Mascot Bundle DLC (DLC) 60% of 48 - - 1.99 CV app/872080 W M L 0 $1.99

Retail:

• $204.88

CV:

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

One plan for all
Starting Feb 01 2022, Humble Bundle offers only one plan, which will allow you to receive all the games included in that monthโ€™s lineup for the price of $11.99 (regional pricing may vary, see below):

ย  USD EUR GBP AUD CAD NZD CNY RUB
Per month $11.99 โ‚ฌ9.99 ยฃ8.99 AU$16.95 CA$14.99 NZ$17.95 ยฅ79 699โ‚ฝ
Per year $129 โ‚ฌ109 ยฃ98 AU$179 CA$159 NZ$189 ยฅ850 7,459โ‚ฝ

Humble store discount:
The discount rate is based on how many consecutive months you had your subscription active, as seen below:

Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

Changes Coming to Humble Choice FAQ

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Life is Strange, but isn't this bundle stranger?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] Stranding on an island isnโ€™t part of my life goals, but if it happened, these would be fitting videogames to have with me.
[Only with limited deal] Everything costs a Fortune these days, so for $6 or even $8 this might as well be one of the best deals I've seen in months.
[Happy] I was already very excited when I found out the leaks, but now after seeing the rest of the content revealed, I couldn't be more thrilled.
[Neutral] I donโ€™t really know what to feel about these. In fact, I feel nothing. Iโ€™m totally numb. No, you donโ€™t need to pinch me.
[Pause] These games look Alien to me. I wouldnโ€™t want them in my Fireteam.
[Disappointed] A few days late for an April Foolsโ€™ joke, isnโ€™t it?
[Canceling the subscription] A new chapter in the Life and Suffering of Sir Wallet: I'm out!
[Accidental autocharge] Feels like a dรฉjร  vu, did time rewind or did I *again* forget?
[Complaint] These days, I find the weekly bundles much more interesting than Choice, even though they're more expensive.

Not exactly great, dunno still a months in year to go, but always expecting bit more.

1 year ago

...what else are you expecting? AAA game (and the DC at that), some great indies, as well as two other major titles for $12 or whatever.

1 year ago

Great bundle, 5 wishlisted games + 2 in following list.

1 year ago

great month for me

1 year ago

For some reason can't redeem Death Stranding Director's Cut, getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Your product code has not been redeemed. Please wait 30 minutes and try redeeming the code again. If the problem persists, please contact Steam Support for further assistance." Already had the base game, seems something is fishy.

Edit: Fixed by removing base game from account, activating director's cut and then recovering removed game, now I have the base game and the director's cut, thanks for the help folks.

1 year ago*

Check https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/

Sometimes key activates despite the message.

1 year ago

Checked already, the key isn't working, just getting that error

1 year ago

Mine was fine, but I didn't have it yet.
So upgrade might be bad.

1 year ago

Try in browser with SteamDB addon to check the sub.

Edit: tried it myself. It's this sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/665843/info/ and I'm getting the error, too.

1 year ago

Ended up sending a support ticket to humble, guess I'll just wait it out.

1 year ago

Did the same

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Apparently deleting the base game works. (See the comments below of Agrass)

1 year ago

have the base game, can't activate. I guess the solution would be to remove the game from your acc 1st

1 year ago

Have you tried to remove, then activate the DC, then restore the old one?

1 year ago

It worked:
Went to Support page, chose "permanently remove"
Activated the key
On old game Support page chose "recover the game"
Now I have 2 :P

View attached image.
1 year ago

Awesome, thanks! Worked for me, too!

1 year ago

Can confirm that this method works.

View attached image.
1 year ago

Worked for me, too.
Came here wondering if it was just me or something. Thank you for the help

1 year ago

I don't think that this has something to do with the used method.
I bought Death Stranding a while ago and a few months later I bought the DC upgrade, and I also have two games shown:

View attached image.
1 year ago

still work :D THX <3

1 year ago

I was hesitant about doing this, but it is now the official humble workaround to the problem.

1 year ago

worked like a charm ^^
thank you

1 year ago

Same issue here. Probably because I already own Death Stranding.

1 year ago

Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s because you own the base game. I donโ€™t own the game on Steam and the key worked for me.

1 year ago

It's because you have the OG version. Nothing is fishy, to get the DC you must buy the "Upgrade" editions, you can't buy and use the key of the regular Death Stranding DC edition.

1 year ago

Nothing is fishy

Why would that not be fishy? It makes no sense whatsoever.

1 year ago

There are two different versions to buy - Upgrade and Normal DC. The Upgrade one is meant to be bought by owners of the OG and is priced at 10$ (5$ during the sale). The same goes for other online stores, not just Steam. You have two different versions so those that already have the OG game don't pay the stupid price for some little bit of extra content. So yeah, nothing fishy with an upgrade path offered to owners of the OG, it just seems Humble didn't account for people owning the game already. Probably should have made it a two game pick - like if you have the OG choose the Upgrade version and if not, choose the base DC edition. Like they had two different keys for Steam and Epic for I think Shenmue III

1 year ago

There's no reason to prevent existing DS owners from redeeming a full DS:DC. It's just an arbitrary anti-consumer restriction, like how people in poorer countries have to pay the same $12 for Humble Choice but get less useful region-restricted keys.

1 year ago

It's literally made this way so people don't buy the more expensive version if they own the OG version. Wtf you on about with this being anti-consumer? You don't overpay for a couple of extra bits they added to the game because of this.

They just need to add the option to get the upgrade version key instead and that's it, like you could get two different keys (Steam and Epic) for Shenmue III.

1 year ago

They just need to add the option to get the upgrade version key instead and that's it, like you could get two different keys (Steam and Epic) for Shenmue III.

While techinically you're correct this is a typical case of solution for the problem pulled straight from someones a*s
How about creating the keys without such stupid restrictions, how it's been done always in such cases when the key bought for (more) complete version of the game simply overwrites it by adding the rest of DLCs to library?
Seriously, I can't remember the case when the key couldn't activate on the account only because something is already there.
And there is no single logical reason to do such thing. And that's why it's fishy as hell.

1 year ago

There is a logical reason - this wasn't meant to be purchased by users of the original. You literally get a 5$ (on sale) upgrade to the DC edition. Why would they just sell one key everywhere and make you buy the exact same game + some extra bits for full price? I don't get how you see them making it super pro-consumer for OG owners as fishy. More likely Humble didn't take into account that people who have the OG can't use these codes (despite selling the upgrade version themselves, but Humble gonna Humble). So, yeah. This isn't like what 505 Games did with Control (which was indeed anti-consumer and shitty). This is just them not offering proper options to those that already have the OG version of the game.

1 year ago

There is a logical reason - this wasn't meant to be purchased by users of the original.

So? If someone is getting the key with upgraded version, why BLOCK its usage - only because you have already the base game?

Imagine yourself - you've already bought DEATH STRANDING base game, paid ca 25USD (on sale, as normal price was 50USD?), and now HB choice is allowing you to get full DC version for 12 USD (+ few other games). Personally I'd be a little a little bit... ekhm, disappointed (because if I only waited with buying it till now...) but hell, "at least I can upgrade my Death Stranding game cheaply"... except not.

Now, I'd be not disappointed but royally pissed. And you're calling this as super pro-consumer stance? XD

This isn't like what 505 Games did with Control (which was indeed anti-consumer and shitty)

Well, I never said it was. I'm just saying selling that kind of keys (which do not activatie if you have the base game already in your account) is fishy as hell. Especially considering the fact that it's the absolute standard in this business to make the complete (upgraded, deluxe, etc.) versions of game activating always, regardless of what is already being in library.

1 year ago

So? If someone is getting the key with upgraded version, why BLOCK its usage - only because you have already the base game?

Death Stranding isn't the base game. The DC isn't DLC nor is it sold as GhostRunner Complete Edition on the same store page. It's a completely new entry on Steam, like a new game. As long as I knew about DC, I knew you couldn't use the fully priced key from any store on your account if you own the OG version. Said so in their text. There are some games like Sniper Elite V2 and Mark of the Ninja that have remasteres, which also offer a cheap upgrade path for existing owners. Don't know if they too have this issue where if you own the OG game, you can't use the key to the full game and need to buy the upgrade path thing.

Imagine yourself - you've already bought DEATH STRANDING base game, paid ca 25USD (on sale, as normal price was 50USD?), and now HB choice is allowing you to get full DC version for 12 USD (+ few other games). Personally I'd be a little a little bit... ekhm, disappointed (because if I only waited with buying it till now...) but hell, "at least I can upgrade my Death Stranding game cheaply"... except not.

The upgrade to Death Stranding DC is cheaper than Humble Monthly (5$ on sale).

Well, I never said it was. I'm just saying selling that kind of keys (which do not activatie if you have the base game already in your account) is fishy as hell.

I still don't get what's so fishy about them literally offering you a cheaper way of upgrading for 5$ (on sale) and making it available in all stores that sell the normal DC edition, and only usable by existing owners of the DS OG version. As I said, they made it so you don't need to buy the version which cost 4x more. For whatever reason, Humble didn't include the option to choose between the two (seems 505 Games is also incompetent because they too didn't know about this issue), which would have solved everything. No need to remove/restore the OG version. Simply claim the upgrade path key and redeem it easily. But Humble and 505 Games are incompetent it seems. And you can still activate your key for the full DC. Even 505 Games support page now has this workaround - https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/articles/8334341739804

There is nothing really shady here unlike what they did with Control - stripped the Ultimate edition into base and DLC which wasn't available on Steam at all up to that point. They just are incompetent and didn't offer (for whatever reason) both versions to people so everyone could redeem them without needing to do the Steam support thing.

1 year ago

Well, this is exactly the same trick theyโ€™ve done with Control Ultimate Edition. What a bunch of greedy MFs they are, lol. ^_^

1 year ago

It's absolutely not the same. Control Ultimate and Standard are two separate game builds living in the same game, while this is two separate games that are literally separate, but have arbitrary activation restrictions added. Once you activate it, you can install both side by side with no issues.

1 year ago

'Once you activate it...'

Yep, try to do it without Support section.

1 year ago*

You can't because it wasn't meant to be done like this. Simple. This is the version people who don't have the OG are buying. This version isn't cheap as well. If you have the OG version, for 5$ you can upgrade to the DC. You have the Upgrade version of the game on Humble, Fanatical and Steam. Thus, buying the non-upgrade version would be quite stupid. Also, Humble and Fanatical should do a better job of informing users they can't use this version if they own the OG version.

1 year ago

โ€™This is the version people who don't have the OG are buying.โ€™

This is the only version you can buy now. They nuked Steam store page of original. The very same tactics they used with Control. You couldnโ€™t upgrade Control to UE, because Control plus bunch of DLCs is not the Ultimate Edition at all, not even close. Itโ€™s an absolutely different game. So to own UE you had to buy it again. One more time. The whole freaking package.

There is no upgrade of Death Stranding either. This upgrade sub youโ€™re talking about contains the very same apps DC does. SOS Gamesโ€™ business strategy is pretty obvious:

1. Sell castrated game.
  2. Put โ€˜upgradedโ€™ version on the market.
  3. Delete vanilla.
  4. ????
  5. PROFIT

But from the perspective of an ordinary gamer there is absolutely no difference between castrated Control and castrated Death Stranding since both of them are geldings. Dunno, why are you guys keep talking about Steam support, game buildings and steamdb mumbo-jumbo. People spend money to play games, not subscription Tetris.

1 year ago

This is a lie - They did not castrate Death Stranding. Don't lie. Not cool. You can buy the upgrade path and use it only if you own the original version. You pay 5$ at most for the extra content the Director's Cut brings. This is a stupidly amazing deal for owners of the original. The upgrade version is available on Steam, Humble, Fanatical and all other big online stores. This is in no way the same as what they did with Control - sliced the Ultimate Edition (which was the only edition available on Steam at the time) into Base and DLC separately, made new Steam entries for them, just so they could sell the DLC to Monthly users who were given the base edition of Control which didn't even exist on Steam prior to the Monthly. Here, they made it cheap for owners of the original to upgrade to the new content, basically like buying a DLC that is included in the Director's Cut. Only, instead of paying 40โ‚ฌ you would pay 10โ‚ฌ if you own the OG version (day 1 prices). Also, it's not SOS Games, it's 505 Games. And again, don't lie and make up stuff - not cool.

Here is the list of the upgrade offer for OG owners from the three stores I mentioned, and a gg-deals link where it shows all the stores you can buy the upgrade path version of the game. Enjoy.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/death-stranding-directors-cut-upgrade?hmb_source=search_bar
https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/death-stranding-director-s-cut-upgrade
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1850570/DEATH_STRANDING_DIRECTORS_CUT/
https://gg.deals/dlc/death-stranding-directors-cut-upgrade/

1 year ago*

โ€˜โ€ฆ5$ at mostโ€ฆโ€™
โ€˜โ€ฆthey made it cheapโ€ฆโ€™
โ€˜โ€ฆstupidly amazing dealโ€ฆโ€™

Youโ€™re gonna buy whatever they sell, arenโ€™t you? ^_^

โ€˜You can buy the upgrade pathโ€ฆโ€™

You have to buy the upgrade. There is no more vanilla in Steam, only DC. Owners of the original version were left with a delisted piece of nothing in their libraries. Their purchase was basically stolen from them. And it was done deliberately, not because some servers must have being shut or the game suddenly became too old for modern systems. It was done just to sell another instance of the same game to the same customers. โ€˜Stupidly amazing dealโ€™ indeed.

โ€˜โ€ฆit's not SOS Games, it's 505 Games.โ€™

How can you tell? I mean, how can you see the difference between SOS Games and 505 Games, but absolutely ignore the fact that youโ€™ve been scammed once again?

1 year ago*

I legit think you are just ignorant. Look. The OG owners pay only 5$ to get the DC version. Why would they sell the OG version and the DC version? Wtf are you on about? How does that make sense in your mind? Also, you are again lying. Nobody lost their game. Like, where are you getting all of this misinformation my dude? Just making stuff up as you go? You can still play the OG delisted game - it's just not being sold since it's redundant next to the Director's Cut (which was a cash grab, but that is not the point you are making here).

1 year ago

You donโ€™t have to sell two versions of the game if you only have one, ัะธะฝะบ ัะฑะฐัƒั‚ ะธั‚. But if โ€“ being a greedy MF โ€“ youโ€™ve already sold your soul to make money from thin air, make something that complements the game, not annihilates it from ones collection.

You can play vanilla, yep, you can do it as with any other game not only being delisted, but even deleted from Steam. You canโ€™t review it, though, and Iโ€™m not sure about achievementsโ€ฆ but yeah, press Install and you are good to go. But โ€˜only $5โ€™ to one person are pretty huge deal to another. And SOSะบะธ know it. Thatโ€™s why theyโ€™ve deleted โ€˜old, deprecatedโ€™ version from Steam to stimulate you to buy it again. Itโ€™s not an upgrade per se, they just sell you the very same DC package discounted for being scammed.

This is exactly what theyโ€™ve done with Control. And Iโ€™m not talking about the breech birth of castrated version out of Ultimate Edition. Iโ€™m talking about multiplying non-viable entities for quick cash grab. There are no DLCs for Control anymore, you canโ€™t upgrade sh#t. How long would it be possible to upgrade Death Stranding? Soon enough youโ€™ll find yourself with a bunch of delisted games stripped out of the possibilities kept Steam installed on your machine. But thatโ€™s OK, you always can fix it. Donโ€™t be afraid, โ€˜theyโ€™ll make it cheapโ€™.

1 year ago*

This is not like what they did with Control. My god are you stubborn and ignorant. I'm legit done. Nothing you say makes sense. Spout your nonsense all you want.

1 year ago

I just hate this modern DLC cancer and cheap business practices like that. Sorry if I somehow offended you, brother. It was never my intention. Take care and have a good one. ^_^

1 year ago

No, they did not do this trick this time.

1 year ago

Not really. They made a completely new Steam entry for base version of Control which was never sold on Steam, since Control only came to Steam after the Epic exclusive period and it was from day 1 the Ultimate Edition. But 505Games used the Humble Monthly try and sell the base Control version of the game for Steam since it probably sold shit on Epic. They are shitty no doubt, but this is not the same at all.

1 year ago

Yes and since the shady bullshit that 505 done with the Control game, they are on my ignored publishers list.
Bad for each devs that pick this publisher....

1 year ago

I have the base game, but I didn't buy it directly from steam. So, no option to remove permanently. I still have the problem of not being able to activate the key.

1 year ago

You can still remove it permanently if you didn't buy it directly from Steam. On the games page in your library click on the Support tab (on mine you have to click on the 3 dots on the right side to see it), Then click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account."

1 year ago

Thank you. I'll try.

1 year ago

Just one clarification - this does not in fact remove the game "permanently." It's just a glorified "hide" option. You can get that game back at any moment later if you just go to Support again and click the "It's not in my library" button.

1 year ago

My last time getting humble choice was in december 2021, this is so far the best offer yet

1 year ago

Great monthly!

1 year ago

Had none of them yet, so happy with it.

Side note, redeeming Rollerdrome atm and seems to give me eu key. Which is fine by me. Just might be good to know.

Rollerdrome (EU)

1 year ago*

Rollerdrome and Revita are RU + CIS for Ukraine

1 year ago

Same for Moldova

1 year ago

great month finally

1 year ago

roller blade has some locks, cant get the screen after redeem

1 year ago

For many anything else beside DSDC may be just a bonus but I'm glad for the inclusion of Revita, Sir Brante and Rollerdrome

1 year ago

ahaha life is strange wasn't even in leak like a highlight "game"

1 year ago

Life is Strange 2 was an unexpected surprise,

Awesome Choice month!!!

1 year ago

Looks like I will be buying it, 2 wishlisted games: Aliens, and Founders Fortune. Not sure if I will keep death stranding (have base game on EGS, is the DC really that different?)

All the others have no interest in, maybe might get LIS2 since then maybe during the sale you can complete your collection to get the newest game cheaper?

1 year ago

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT includes HIGH FRAME RATE, PHOTO MODE and ULTRAWIDE MONITOR SUPPORT. Also includes crossover content from Valve's HALF-LIFE series and CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077. (from steam store page)

1 year ago*

Those are in PC base game, only new for PS version.

1 year ago

the Director's Cut unlike the base game have enhanced graphic with 4k and 60 fps supports and new means of transport, new weapons and buildings and new side missions

1 year ago*

Wasn't going to get it for DS but Rollerdrome and LIS2? Might be worth it.

1 year ago

any idea if The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante and Death Stranding are region locked?

1 year ago

They are not.

1 year ago

Life is Strange 2 is nowhere as good as the first game. But in a bundle like this you can try it

1 year ago

Reviews definitely were tepid. I was not going to get it for 15 bucks on sale, that's for sure.
With the other games in the bundle though, it's a good deal

1 year ago*

It was ok, but LiS 1 and Before The Storm were much better.

1 year ago

A Good Bundle

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

from europe, romania
Items: [665843, DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT]
Items: [857465, Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Retail- Global)]
Items: [751977, Rollerdrome (EU)]
Items: [301895, Life is Strange 2 Complete Season (ROW Key)]
Items: [442850, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante]
Items: [387949, Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp]
Items: [402630, Revita]
Items: [372919, Founders' Fortune]

1 year ago

Thanks!

1 year ago

Items: [751977, Rollerdrome (EU)]
EU: a region locked key that can be activated anywhere apart from LATAM, SEA / Asia, Oceania, US (it works in Canada though), Saudi Arabia

?

Canada is in the list of countries where it can't be activated

1 year ago

Indeed, my mistake; I didn't read the countries list properly.

1 year ago

I never really knew how to use this (ye, I'm dumb...), but from what I understand, last 4 have no region lock at all?

1 year ago

The OP usually lists everything you need to know about region locks. You just check if there's any mention of Europe in there.
For Romania (or Europe for that matter), the only locked key is Rollerdrome.

If you think that the info from the OP is too confusing and you'd rather manually check the subs, then: you take the list posted by Dandey, check every id there on SteamDB, and see if there's a big red box with the title "This package can NOT be activated in specified countries" on the Info tab.
If there is no red box, then the key can be activated anywhere, as long as the sub is indexed.
Example of a properly indexed sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/751977/
Example of a sub not yet indexed: https://steamdb.info/sub/751974/ (doesn't have the Info / Apps / Depos tabs).

1 year ago

Thanks a lot for your time to explain me, really appreciate it!

1 year ago

SEA

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT - https://steamdb.info/sub/665843/
Aliens: Fireteam Elite - https://steamdb.info/sub/857465/history/
Rollerdrome - https://steamdb.info/sub/751973/history/
Life is Strange 2 Complete Season - didn't redeem, gift link notification shows nothing so should be ROW key
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante - https://steamdb.info/sub/442850/
Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp - didn't redeem, gift link notification shows nothing so should be ROW key
Revita - https://steamdb.info/sub/402630/
Founders' Fortune - https://steamdb.info/sub/372919/

1 year ago

I appreciate the subs list. You can check the ones you're missing here.

1 year ago

Sub Name Sub ID Note
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Retail- Global) sub/857465 ROW key
DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT sub/665843 Store sub; With art book DLC
Founders' Fortune sub/372919 Store sub
Life is Strange 2 Complete Season (ROW Key) sub/301895 ROW key
Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp sub/387949 Store sub
Revita sub/402630 Store sub
Rollerdrome (Asia) sub/751973 Activation & run locked: SEA
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante sub/442850 Store sub

Region lock screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ePBiTjK

1 year ago*

Thank you for the subs and for the nice formatting!

1 year ago

Hiya!

Life is Strange is one of those games that are unable to be purchased in the Middle East (probably due to it having LGBTQ+ friendly topics) .... Usually gives you a Site Error page when trying to access games like these. I'm not sure on if there are any restrictions to redeeming the keys though or if there are any run locks. One of the biggest issues I have with buying games here since I have no idea what will happen to my library when I travel back home after my work finishes.

Do you have any information regarding this from other users?

1 year ago

Whether you can activate a certain package or not, and whether you can purchase a game from the store or not are two different topics.
The regional locks specific for each package dictate whether you can redeem that key or not, while not being able to purchase a game from the store or not simply depends on whether the game has a pricing or not for that country.

That being said, the Life is Strange 2 package allocated in this bundle has no region lock, and anyone is able to activate the key regardless of whether the game has any pricing for them on the store.

Some packages have an additional run lock, meaning that if you will be able to play it from the countries it's run-locked to only after 90 days. But the Life is Strange 2 package allocated in this bundle has no such region locks. You should be able to play it anytime, regardless of the country you're in.

1 year ago

Cheers! Thanks for the clarification!

1 year ago

Yes, I can confirm that Rollerdrome (Asia) is Run Locked to EU.

1 month ago

I have no idea what will happen to my library when I travel back home after my work finishes.

There are not many game keys that would be run-locked to Middle East countries. That's more of a thing for RU/CIS and to some lesser degree LATAM, China, and such.
Your games will work just fine when you return home. At worst, if you indeed redeemed a key that is run-locked to a Middle East country, it would not be playable until 90 days from activation/purchase have passed, as the other answer already mentioned.
Or hypothetically you could now buy a censored copy of a game that would still be censored in the same way once you leave the region. I don't know of any titles that sell a special non-LGBTQ+ version, though.

(To clarify: you did change your Steam account region to a Middle East country, yes? You should be just fine still using the account with your home region instead, with no substantial limitations. That'd also retain them LGBTQ+ LiS games.)

1 year ago

Yeah. Didn't think too much at the time when I first came to the Middle East and changed my store to the local one so that I could use my local credit card for purchases. Haven't had many issues on Steam except for having to deal with certain games being unavailable like this one or MMOs due to regional licensing problems.

Had more trouble with Blizzard and Ubisoft honestly....

1 year ago

Great month! I was expecting these past 2 months to be pretty meh because of the 3 month 7$ coupon deal, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the game selection! Really glad I ended up using the coupon.

1 year ago

Happy cakeday with a nice bundle ^_^

1 year ago

Happy cakeday!!

1 year ago

Happy cakeday! ๐ŸŽ‚

1 year ago

Happy cakeday!

1 year ago

Happy cakeday

1 year ago

Happy cakeday :)

1 year ago

Happy Cake Day Gozu!

1 year ago

Happy cake day Gozu!

1 year ago

Six wishlisted and the other two look interesting enough too. Pretty epic offer.

1 year ago

Had DS DC already (thanks epic) so that will be a giveaway. Rollerdome is a W, (has not so great regional pricing here). Enjoyed the first LiS, and The life and suffering of sir brante looks intriguing. Lookin' pretty good.

1 year ago

There isn't a single game here I don't want. I've never seen this before in any bundle. Best of the year so far.

1 year ago

It's always nice to heat that for someone, the bundle was a complete hit. I hope you enjoy them all when you play'em! LiS2 was a great game and I deeply recommend it.

1 year ago

Yes! Positivity in the thread. Awesome. Yeah, it's the perfect bundle for people who love stories, so I'm gonna eat them alive when I get around to it, especially The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante. After playing King of Dragon Pass I need more of those games in my life.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.