https://www.nvidia.com/en-eu/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4060-4060ti

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-4060-4060ti/ <- more informative page

Same as rumours said earlier

• GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (8 GB) Coming May 24 (399$)
  • GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (16 GB) Coming July (499$)
  • GeForce RTX 4060 Coming July (299$)

EDIT2: apparently some people just don't like me, have received 8 blacklists since creation of this thread

EDIT3: cheers EmeraldTablet for GamersNexus' video
seeing first benchmarks, even I have to admit that 4060 Ti is not even worth consideration for the performance it offers (maybe only if your GPU is end of life cycle) :P

11 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is 40 series too expensive?

View Results
Way too expensive
Little bit overpriced
No, I love those rays more than rasterization
I let Jensen take all my savings

The most interesting RTX 4060 Ti (16 GB) will cost above 400 Euro most likely - bummer.

11 months ago

definitely over 500 and more like near 600 :D
EDIT: added news page with prices

11 months ago

Yep, I didn't want to sound too pessimistic. On the other hand the card should be cheaper than a RTX 4070 which goes over the counter at around 599 atm.

11 months ago

indeed, I checked prices at Estonia as well and we have them around 650 (but better models still close to 700)

11 months ago

no point in buying a 8gb card in 2023

11 months ago

I mostly agree, but they have valid point about being targeted at 1080p (which on the other hand is not as valid as well, as those card run 1440p more than perfect and can handle some games at 4K too)

11 months ago

If you play in 1080P, 8 is enough. And majority of people still play in that resolution.

11 months ago

Exactly.
I don't even have the space for a large monitor on my desk, so classic HD is fine for me.

11 months ago

According to Nvidia's own data you can't play A Plague Tale: Requiem and Resident Evil 4 Remake in highest settings with RT on in 1080p on the RTX 4060 Ti 8 GB model. If that's an indication of what's in store for future games I'd say "good night Vienna".

11 months ago

So what? You are not supposed to play AAA new games on max with 4060 Ti and RT is useless on 4060 anyway.

11 months ago

I dont agree that 8gb is enough for running games on fhd. I have encountered several games having trouble with 8gb of vram. Even forza does hit the 8gb limit quite often

11 months ago

I play on 1440p, and still didn't see the game that needs more than 8 Gb, but YMMV (I play mostly older games, now playing Borderlands 3, Doom and Doom Eternal). And I don't use RT anywhere.

11 months ago

I'm in same boat, hard to agree or disagree, as my games are mostly few years old AAA or indies, and only noticed couple times when game is running at limit (about 7.8GB, but at 60fps anyway)
sidenote: I play games at 4K where I can, otherwise 1440p as well

11 months ago

as long as VRAM shortage doesn't cut fps then I'd say it can run, but I agree 8GB is getting less over time (not like people buy GPU for year or two, especially mid-range)

11 months ago

Recently I got a new Amd 6700xt. I'm okay for the next five years at least. See you again in 2028/29. ;)

11 months ago

I think I will live with my 3070 few years as well, but still curious to see comparison with it

11 months ago

Bought RTX 3060 12GB earlier (192-bit)... 4060 8GB (128-bit) seems way too overpriced

11 months ago

yeah, that 8GB definitely should be 12GB as well (on the buswidth side, I'd rather wait and see different benchmarks)

11 months ago

4060 for $300 doesn't seem so bad. Cheaper than 2060 and 3060, same as 1060. The other ones are far too much though, every Nvidia card has shifted upwards in price. We went from a $300-700 range in 2017 (1060 to 1080 Ti) to a $300-1600 range in 2023 (4060 to 4090).

Also from the leaked specs it looks like 4060 Ti 16GB will be roughly equivalent to a 3070, which is pretty disappointing. Nvidia seem to be relying on DLSS3 fake frame generation to make the performance look a lot better than it is.

It's unfortunate AMD aren't going to compete on price. The rumoured price for 7600x is $300 and judging by the specs it might not even reach 3060 Ti perf level, not to mention it falling behind in ray-tracing and FSR vs DLSS. I really hope they have something in store and whip out another Ryzen situation for their GPUs.

11 months ago

• yeah, that DLSS witchcraft is all the way cheating, it's definitely good tech but not everything uses it
  • I won't do any deducting from specs, I just wait for honest benchmarks from third-parties
  • I'm all the way Nvidia fanboy myself, but always have rooted for competition - feels weird that soon Team Blue might be better competition then Team Red, but will see how they act once they reach to similar position
11 months ago

DOA

11 months ago

secretly hoping same, so they would lower 16GB model price more close to 400

11 months ago

Will wait to see Swedish prices. These numbers are fairytales 😜

11 months ago

Swedish sallary are fairytales for many countries.)

11 months ago

Ok sure

Hardly matters when everything cost double. And I'm comparing Dollar value here, not Vietnamese Dong ;-)

11 months ago

when everything cost double

Does it though? Not really the place for this discussion, so sorry OP, but I am curiously wondering. I visited Finland some month ago. And the prices where actually almost the same as we have in Baltics, while salary is twice as big (at least official average). So just wondering how it is in Sweden. Fuel, beer and stuff like that of course is a bit more expensive, but the difference is negligible. Tech products and food is basically the same price for as Ivanko elaborately put - fairytale salaries.

Beer was twice as expensive, coke and similar dirnks as well, fuel was around 2 EUR, in Baltics its around 1.50, Hotel was 130 eur per night with sauna and breakfast included right near a ski resort.... Same as Baltics for similar package and location... Everything else about the same or even cheaper... and way tastier (true to God, I am not lying)

11 months ago

yeah, you always have to look at whole package - cost of living (or whatever they call this index)

11 months ago

I mean no harm.)
Simply with our salaries of 150 Euros, I can only dream about the old GTX 1050ti to play ETS2 without lags.
But all Ukrainians now have one Top Dream.) We are infinitely grateful for All the help of Sweden and all countries for support this Ukraine Dream.)

11 months ago

I mean no harm.

Ofc not. Didn't take it as such.

But everytime a tech product is listed as 399(dollar) - over here, we expect 599(euro).
Also our "high" salaries are tax cut by 33-40%

And going out for 1 glass of beer is 10$. Buying 1 kilo of ground beef is 14$
Sweden has never been a monetary paradise where everyone walks around spending for fun. It's a paycheck to paycheck kind of living. We do have free healthcare (yay) But buying tech.. You better be a high income taker, which I am not ^_^
I'll be using my 1060 for years to come.

View attached image.
11 months ago

Games for ru is still 1/3 from EU prices.( So is it possible to go to other country and by cheaper or ask some one to send it?)
P.s. In Ukraine we have ground beef for $6-7.

11 months ago

For me - limit of desires now is GTX1050ti 2Gb

11 months ago

I have a GTX 1050 2 GB and i am in germany.
So i feel you very well.

So, sadly, not everywhere, in a rich (but in high debts) country is "milk and honey floating on the street" :o(

11 months ago

i have the 1050 mini (2gb) and still playing the new games also here in Argentina is kinda impossible to buy a new card too

11 months ago

Upgraded to 1070 last year :D Ill be good thanks..
Prices are crazy though.

11 months ago

they are, but luckily have come down quite a bit from the peak (yet still feels too expensive)

11 months ago

Definitely. I remember I was putting together a workstation for my previous workplace around the time covid was active... Had to buy 3070 for almost 1k ............ But we needed it so had to buy anyway.. Current prices even seem almost decent :D

11 months ago*

yikes, that's cosmic price :P luckily I got mine few months ago as used (for couple months) for 350€

11 months ago

1060 6gb is still enough for me)) I have been using it since 2017, do not plan to change it for the next 3-4 years
leather scammer scamming people, this shit is not worth that kind of money

11 months ago

For bitcoin farmers I guess.)

11 months ago

as long as you are happy and don't feel very limited by it :)

11 months ago

Same (Zotac Mini), and I also plan on keeping it for a while. I'll play the newer stuff at 720p if need be. 😎

11 months ago

Totally agree.

11 months ago

Me and my 1070 are gonna be together forever 🤗
Screw you Jensen!

11 months ago

View attached image.
11 months ago

Still not available in Ukraine

11 months ago

what you mean by that? you don't have any 40 series for sale, or there is some statement that these cards won't be in the near future?

11 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

11 months ago

well those xx50 tend to have shorter lifespan (ofc very much depends on what you doing with it)

11 months ago

Deleted

11 months ago

oh, 1050Ti had 4GB, which I guess lasted more time :)
tru to that, honestly I still haven't got into raytracing, but DLSS can help quite a lot for higher resolutions

11 months ago

Go for RX 6700 10GB or RX 6700 12GB they are great budget cards and you not brake bank stronger performs around 70% of RTX 4070 for half price.

11 months ago

Deleted

11 months ago

RT require in newest game 13GB+ Vram go for RTX 4080 if you care about RT

11 months ago

Deleted

11 months ago

well to be sure always check gaming benchmarks, at I thought about how awesome ray tracing would be, but once I could use it, then felt pretty meh (propably just haven't played the game which changes my mind)

11 months ago

Deleted

11 months ago

well, now that you brought up path tracing, then I'm all hands for it - not only for graphical benefits but surround sound too

11 months ago

Deleted

11 months ago

I couldn't find better information for now
https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/vrworks-audio

11 months ago

Returnal already has a RT sound implementation.

11 months ago

yeah I know, but hoping it will be more widespread soon

11 months ago

Me too. People always only consider graphics, but good sound can be equally effective. What would Hellblade be without that amazing sound design. I'd argue sound is more important to that game's atmosphere than graphics by far.

11 months ago

Meh, even a 4090 isn't powerful enough to really cope with full scene RT, it's very much a tech that's being pushed before its time. Give it five years, next console gen, etc. then likely it'll be beginning to live upto the hype.

11 months ago

I guess I agree you on that one

11 months ago

With DLSS and FG you easily get 100+fps. I'd say that's already very playable.

11 months ago

Depends on the game.
Enable path tracing in Cyberpunk and even with DLSS3 + FG enabled on a 4090 you wont get a stable 60fps.

11 months ago

Well, I get 100-120fps while running through the city at 3440*1440, and 107fps average in the benchmark (DLSS Quality, FG on). If you're talking about 4k, that will be a bit less, sure. But from what I've seen it should still be around 60 with DLSS Quality and probably very stable 60+ in Balanced, if I'm not mistaken.

11 months ago

as jiggakills already said depends on game, also most games don't have whole ray tracing stuff

11 months ago

I assumed we're talking about Cyberpunk, since that is the only modern AAA game with (almost) full path tracing. It's also the only game I'm aware of that brings the 4090 to its limits.So I wouldn't say it depends on the game, since there's really only one at the moment. ;)

11 months ago

oh okay, but I thought FULL ray tracing wouldn't be that "buttersmooth" as you claimed above

EDIT: I checked at GamersNexus "Cyberpunk RT Overdrive Benchmarks, Image Quality, Path Tracing, & DLSS" video and seems that really RT with DLSS+FG can hit 100+ FPS avg (on 4K), yet I had no idea it had separate stuff for path tracing, which also seemed to handle 60+ avg fps (with same settings)

11 months ago*

Any new 8GB GPU need cost max $250 otherwise will be need compete with RX 6700 10GB $280.

11 months ago

on one hand it's not all about VRAM, but on another we definitely need it for technological advancements

I really hope that Nvidia's promised VRAM usage reduction software will benefit all - available to all (older Nvidia cards and also Red and Blue teams) plus most importantly easy implementation and great efficiency

11 months ago

One day Nvidia will give a software to the masses which makes a graphics card superfluous ;)

11 months ago

most likely it will be software for brain implantant XD

11 months ago

I'm barely managing with my RX570 4GB on low/mid settings in modern games - I could use an upgrade, but at those prices I'd probably just take the risk and buy used or wait some more. Not to mention that with how VRAM-hungry games are nowadays, buying a brand new card with 8GB feels a bit like asking for trouble.

11 months ago*

not all games are that troublesome, but we definitely see trend here

11 months ago

Still have my tireless rx 580 8GB. I've considered many mid range GPU over the years, from a possible 3060, to more recently RX6700XT
But even within this upcoming new generation, there is no mid range as impressive as Pascal and Polaris were.
These days some games, can't maintain 60fps, on a 580, mostly badly optimized

11 months ago*

bad optimization is what make most people to consider higher end GPUs, which in turn demotivates devs as people can run game

11 months ago

this annoys me cuz i just paid $350 for 3060 12gb. rather have waited and paid the $400 for 4060

11 months ago

I usually wait when things are around corner

11 months ago

If you're still in the return window send it back.
I paid about $550 for a 3060 12GB early last year, wasn't the card I wanted at all but it was all I could get from a real store instead of scalpers at the time (I refuse to buy from scalpers).

11 months ago*

Got a 6900XT to play on 1440p so...I'm set for quite some years.

11 months ago

There is no reason to get RTX 4060 Ti 16Gb if it cost 100€ more, if it was 50€ you could at least think of it

11 months ago*

11 months ago

the thing is.... RTX 4060 Ti is too weak to run most games on max 1080p anyway, so most of the games will not utilize 16gb. However, if the price difference was smaller you could go for future support
Like AMD 6000s series was crushed by Nvidia 3000 series on release, but after AMD gpu price drops they are better now at the current prices and more Vram :D

11 months ago

Im sorry but saying "RTX 4060 Ti is too weak to run most games on max 1080p anyway" is just ridiculous, At 1440p, sure, but not at 1080p, maybe without few recent ones, its just to early to say what performance it offers. Still i agree that 100$ just for an extra 8GB of VRAM is bullshit.

11 months ago

I was wondering same thing, as I ran 1440p with med/high with my 1660 Ti and now my 3070 is doing same with 4K

11 months ago

Running Cyberpunk 2077 RT Overdrive ain't gonna be that easy on RTX 4060 Ti, if RTX 4070 already running at 36-46 FPS on 1440p

11 months ago

thats one (extreme) example and im sure you can find few more, but still its far from "most games"

11 months ago

we will get more and more games like these in future

11 months ago

ofc we will, but most likely before they become new "norm" then it's time to upgrade GPU anyway, I feel ya, it's just I ain't the player who jumps into games within their first year-two :)

11 months ago

well, ofc higher stuff requires more GPU and VRAM, but a lot games don't require 16GB VRAM even for 4K - very much depends on optimization and which technologies are used

11 months ago

I was using AMD R9 380 2GB until recently, was playing indie games mainly so it wasn't big of a problem but I wanted to try some newer AAA titles also. Found good deal for a new RX 6800 XT and jump in performance was quite significant as you can imagine. :))

benchmarks

Still bottlenecked by CPU but looking forward into it. Was thinking about 7800X3D, 7700X or 13600KF.

11 months ago

dang, that's upgrade, I remember when I went from GTX 650 to GTX 1660 Ti, which wasn't that impressive upgrade but still finally I could play all games without worrying about VRAM and better yet crank those settings to ultra

you thinking about 7700X as upgrade with your current mobo?

11 months ago

Thanks for the the thread. I was hyped about this nvidia generation, but waaaay too expensive. 8GB is useless for a new card today

Don't worry about the blacklist. People will blacklist for multiple nonsensical reasons. Let me Whitelist you as compensation.

11 months ago

I know why I have got about 30-40 from start of Ukraine-Russia war found some russian accounts who were among them
I went to see stats for appro. number, but also saw that it shows 1 blacklist and 0 whitelist for 20th Mar, now I have no idea if stats are adequate
<3

11 months ago

The announcement of the RTX 4060 Ti 16GB seems to have consequences as owners of a RTX 4070 who are still in a 30 day return window (e.g. Amazon) are starting to send back their cards allegedly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8su5jJhg4ck

11 months ago

lol, kind of hope Nvidia doesn't get other idea that adding VRAM for too high price is way to go

11 months ago

Don't buy a 8gb card.. minimum 10-16gb should bw your target. All Nvidia 8gb cards are struggling currently.. I was astonished to see my friends 3060ti getting beaten in Hogwarts legacy by Amd's 12gb card (forgot model) . What is more, texture were not working properly with 3060ti whereas amd card was doing fantastic job at highest settings. Nvidia always treating their customers bad. 3060ti should have 12gb or 16gb ram.

11 months ago

might be case with new games - I think it's more related to worse optimization, but have no idea, yet ofc VRAM usage will raise over the years and future proofing would need higher indeed

11 months ago

New game are on UE5 and dev during interview told that 16GB is new Standard, 8Gb only allow play game on Ultra low texture and no shadows at 720P

11 months ago

well tru that, we still haven't seen full potential with UE5, but I wouldn't put 8GB part that harshly

11 months ago

Got a gift 2 months ago, switched from a 1660 Ti 6GB to a RTX 3060 12GB (GA-104 version, a little bit better than the normal version)...
So I'm good..

4060 Ti 16GB is the only option if you want to buy one of this cards
For frame generation and good amount of VRAM

11 months ago

EDIT: apparently some people just don't like me, have received 4 blacklists since creation of this thread

Fanbois still going with theirs wars

11 months ago

possible, but as I consider myself fanboy of Team Green then I don't get what blacklist gets you? it's all about discussions and people opinons here :D

11 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.