EU just had a new law that no geoblock for purchasing products on internet within EU. Will that mean that i can finally order HTC VIVE directly from steam? Its currently not availabla in Hungary, (btw is it available on steam when in Austria? anyone know? iam 2km away from Austria) and i dont want to buy for 1,5* price from local store.

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Does the sceenshot below (and the fact it has a price) mean it ships to Austria or do I have to check on the HTC website ? (Steam only redirects you to the HTC website.)

Their website doesn't seem to load properly (just white background and text) but yeah, Austria is listed under Shipping Country (but so is Hungary).

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

weird, if i click it on steam it say: This item is not available for your region.

6 years ago

That is indeed weird since Steam doesn't seem to be involved in the transaction beside redirecting you to the HTC website.
Have you checked there yet because as far as I can tell you should be able to order from there and it will ship to Hungary.

6 years ago

thanks, i never tried there. iam just about to buy new PC but ill try from there around summer, but if i change to Hungary it says 0eur shipment costs so iam still afraid, but ill try it.

6 years ago

It claims the same (no shipping costs) when I set the country to Austria. That surprised me a bit as well.

6 years ago

Most interesting is the question, if we will be able to purchase games from any local steamstore in EU

6 years ago

nope, the law is only for material products. Its in law that they will investigate it for games, e-books and digital products after 2 years, so earliest 2021.

6 years ago

I think this is more a case of any item thats sold in the EU has to be available to everyone in the EU as opposed to them having to let you buy it t a cheaper price from another country.

6 years ago

A Steamen se úszod meg az ÁFÁ-t, csak szólok, akkor is negyedmillió lesz, akármivel próbálkozol. Ilyen erővel berendelhetnéd az alzáról vagy az iPontól is.

6 years ago

eu htc oldalon 700eur, ami nem negyedmillió és az már áfás ár. Néha van minimális akcióban, olyan nincs, hogy resellernél valami olcsóbb legyen.

6 years ago

De milyen jo lenne ha walletbol meglehetne venni.

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by Csontzuzo.