Thanks to everyone that voted in the BEST OF 2015 Poll.

There was some record numbers with over 300 people taking part this year.

The Witcher 3 came out as the resounding success for GOTY amongst all those that voted with 40% of the vote.

Since The Witcher 3 has been practically cleaning up the slate with regards to GOTY on almost every publication site this doesn't suprise in the least since CDPR really delivered possibly (in my opinion) one of the greatest RPG games of all time.

If you still have not yet bought or played it, now is your time....

Results report
https://sirfaulty.typeform.com/report/kSERRI/eTM2

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I should buy Ori, don't know why I haven't

8 years ago

These were some god awful choices for shooters (except for rainbow six siege).

8 years ago

It wasn't exactly a watershed year for the FPS

8 years ago

Which year was? Every year it's choose between CoD, BF, Halo, some generic co-op zombie shooter, or one of their failed clones.

8 years ago

I couldn't agree more. I lost interest in the genre a long time ago

8 years ago

Well, CroTeam announced Serious Sam 4. More or less. So at least there will be one game to look out for.
Plus based on the trailers so far, Deus Ex 4 is gonna be a shooter with stealth elements and not too much role-playing, so it may be a decent shooter now. Like how Fallout 4 gave up all pretence of being an RPG and just went with the open world FPS route, coincidentally actually bringing something into the genre that is rarely seen in the sea of corridor peasant shooters or arena zombie fighters.
And, well, there may be a chance that Blizzard doesn't completely fuck up the game mechanics and balance in their shooter. Granted, their track record in these departments up to WarCraft 3 was around, well, zero, but as I hear, StarCraft II almost feels like a game and not a beautiful make-your-rapid-click-script program.

8 years ago

Analysis: the Witcher 3 fan crowd is unexpectedly strong around here.

8 years ago

It's actually a really good game and my personal GOTY for the year despite hating the previous installments.

8 years ago

I don't doubt it is a very good game, I just doubt that it would lead on a larger scale vote by this much, especially if it is a vote that just one Bethboy hears about.

8 years ago

There was no ways Fallout 4 could compete this year. Sure it was a game that sold very large numbers (but that is to be expected of Bethesda games).

I played a bit of it (20hrs or so) but have not been back. Kinda got bored of it. Witcher 3 on the other hand kept me engrossed for 206 hours. I am a bloke in my late thirties. I usually shy away from these large epics purely because I just don't have the time to dedicate to games like I did when I was younger.

The fact I managed to complete Witcher 3 in less than a month (what normally would have taken me up to 1 year of dipping and dipping out as leisure provided).

I was even waking up at three in the morning just so I could play a wee bit before going to work. It was pure and utter madness and I loved every single second of it.

8 years ago

Still, don't be surprised if FO4 wins most of the GOTY awards. Destiny's win showed us that it is only based on the amount of money the publishers throws at the judges, and Bethesda Softworks may be the greediest, stingiest game publisher right now, but if it is one thing they spend money on, it's their own ego, especially when it comes to games made by them.
Plus I've been in the Fallout 4 forums. It's like trying to speak with people on an Apple convention. It's religious zeal. And I wish I'd be using a hyperbole now.

8 years ago

But the thing is it has not taken a single GOTY from any publication I been following and I been going to all the major game review publishing sites.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Tough titties (see the worry in my eye)...if you gonna put out shit you gotta be prepared for the critique. You are after all launching something into the public domain no matter how much work you put in and how good you thought your work was.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

For every Ying there is a Yang and this years Yang is Hatred

8 years ago

Lol @ best strategy game poll...

8 years ago