I stumbled upon this, and found it a bit interesting, thought I would share. Also recognized a few SG users in there :) The top user has over 25k games, and apparently around 11k games is needed to be one of the top 100 in the world:
https://steamladder.com/ladder/games/

Nothing that I'll ever get near myself (quite happy with my library, and will probably add somewhere between 10-30 games/year as more interesting games are released), but maybe some of you are working hard to get on that list?

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Some people are obsessed with being on that list.
Their days seem consumed by it.

Edit: Uh oh, it would appear as though someone took it a little personally, judging by a later comment. :3

5 years ago*

Yeah, no way I'll get to those levels. I'm not going to load up my library with tons of shovelware asset-flip trash just to boost that number.

5 years ago

Eh, I'm in top 100 for Country Rank which is cool enough for me πŸ˜‹
Besides, considering the amount of shovelware as has been mentioned, it seems pointless to go for raising the number on purpose. If the store returned to having mostly games of decent quality and released an amount that was realistic to actually play through, it'd be a different story.

5 years ago

This is me. 1st has 11k games. I don't want all that trash games to increase the number of my library.

View attached image.
5 years ago*

"oneth?"

5 years ago

Oh fuck, chaged 1ΒΊ (spanish) to 1th lol. English isn't my native language.

5 years ago

No worries, I've just seen similar mistakes in abundance lately and decided to let out my frustrations with it here. :D the worst was "111st"

5 years ago

I often see the use of "then" as "than", and the use of "there" as "their". My error was more of a brain fart, tbh.

5 years ago

I'm #13 in my country with just shy of 1000 games.

5 years ago

17th... My country really isn't great with this.

5 years ago

I am 8th in my country, for a guy who never had much money (alot through Tremorgames).

5 years ago

How does Tremorgames work? Looks super shady.

5 years ago

You play games, do tasks like surveys, in return you get coins, which you buy games with.
But for the last 2 years t here hasn't been as much offers and even Tremorgames itself became alot less active, i used it actively for 5 years, look at what games i have and given away, it's not shady.

5 years ago

Considering (some?) valve employees get every single game of steam this seems like a race for a participation medal. Doesn't matter that they are filtered out on the leaderboard, they still will always have more games than you.

5 years ago

The 250 Steam users with the least played games

fixed! :O

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hahaha

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

https://howlongtobeat.com/stats.php?s=users, though it's not Steam only and relies on user honesty of course.
Otherwise AStats might have been a good indicator before the era of achievements farm trashs for "hunters".

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I should get around to it to sometime, currently I just use a spreadsheet to log the games I beat

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

But we can't know what people do with their games, you could idle a game for 1k hours and say you finished it without even starting it once.
The only thing that is display on your steam profile and other people can check (assuming you don't use SAM or stuff like that) is games with achievements.

a game with 5000 achievements would be still 1 game in the "games beaten" leaderboard (if it was even allowed as a valid game).

Yes it is valid game but the "spam achievements" games with over 100 achievements have points capped to 10 in the leaderboard.
(the fewer people have an achievement the more points it gives if you have it)
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/index.php?&Offset=0

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I misunderstood what you meant by "valid", I told you yes they are valid because they give +1 to the 100% games leaderboard (but max 10 points for the points leaderboard).

I agree with you anyway, even tho I played lot of those shit games to increase my 100% games as fast as I can, when I started last year. I did about 1/day, now I'm focusing on better games.

5 years ago

You never disappoint with your on-point comments and images. :3

5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

Well, someone won entire steam library few years ago during sale event.

5 years ago

https://steamcommunity.com/id/psychomantis

he doesn't even have that many games by today's standards though since he only won the entire library from that time

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

Did not realize /u/fiftykyu had so many games

5 years ago

Games stats : Country Rank #14 (2.1%)

Good enough... Β―_(ツ)_/Β―

5 years ago

I try to only have quality games / games I like and actually want to play, so I'll never e up there

5 years ago

This is probably the right way to do it.

5 years ago

What if someone makes a 10,000 part series called Quality Games?

5 years ago

I'm some 1000 games short of comparing on that list :/

5 years ago

looks like I've got a few friends on that list :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

haha , me too πŸ˜€

5 years ago

It's been some time since I looked at that site, they changed the interface a little. I'm still #13 in my country, I'm always between 12 & 15, I try to not check steamladder so I don't get tempted to buy all those dollar bundles.

5 years ago

I guess it doesn't include every steam users, right?
Is this site able to register every public profile or does it need manual registering?

5 years ago

With the last private game thing vavle added couple months ago, there is indeed lot of people not in that ladder anymore (if they didn't set it back to public)

5 years ago

yeah, but even for public profiles, how are they supposed to be added? I had the same questioning about AStats, and I always thought it require someone behind the website to manually add the SteamID64 of public profiles. Or else I don't know how they are doing it.
(Ex: public profile with 0 friend/group/..., how his SteamID64 is supposed to be added to the site otherwise than manually ??)

5 years ago

I think you can add by yourself people when you search for their steam profile, then they are added to the database.

5 years ago

So it's far to include every public profiles as I suspected, thanks.

5 years ago

I'll be darned, I'm apparently number 14 in Sweden. That actually makes me want to delete games, not add more :P

5 years ago

Told you. Give me ability to delete games for 1h and you will get rid of 1500 games :3

5 years ago

But you would just delete pixel art games, not actually bad games :glare:

5 years ago

You have that much trashy pixel games? Must be really painful to browse your games list D:

5 years ago

Country Rank #3

-_-

~3000 behind #2
~12000 behind #1

5 years ago

Holy fuck, I'm the 18th in Estonia... Jeesh...

5 years ago*

my friend Endless Horizon should be on that list too or are not all games counted?

5 years ago

It seems even more are counted than in your library (probably free games without the licenses). Maybe you have to register/sync to the site?

5 years ago

found the reason. his game count is private. https://steamladder.com/profile/76561198074164218/friends/

5 years ago

Some time ago, Steam automatically privated game info on the profiles of users. You had to manually make it public again. Maybe they've decided to (or just haven't yet) made it public yet?

5 years ago

He should be in the ladder again now. I reloaded his stats.

5 years ago

ah, cool. #70

5 years ago

Yep, but that is a good example why the ladder is kinda pointless especially now, there can be hundreds of people like your friend, add to that people can put whatever country they want on their steam profile. So the ladder is all wrong.
The first (in playtime) has a playtime of 129 years (since may 2012). That's so ridiculous.

5 years ago

that was the first thing i looked at on there lol

View attached image.
5 years ago

The first in playtime used SAM to unlock all achievements and to fake play time on thousands of games, many simultaneously. It seems like he actually only plays Dota 2 and not much else.

5 years ago

I like played hours ladder

500k hours... 57 years of constant playing. Must feel like heaven for any player D:

5 years ago

Number 1 has 129 years of gaming

o.o

5 years ago

*of idling

Even if I don't care about game count or Steam level I can kinda understand these, but idling games for thousands of hours is completely beyond me, that's just silly.

5 years ago

Yet his profile comments are full of admirers. :)

5 years ago

Some people are clearly obsessed about and fixated on other people their Steam list, must be something in the water or in the air. ^^

5 years ago

Oh, thanks. Didnt know this site.
More interesting thing is this tool : countryladder -> most playtime -> specific game
Seraching...
Seraching...
Seraching...
Voila !
Number 1 in playtime for Guild of Dungeoneering... and BattleTime... and Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure Playtime... and Wasteland 2: Director's Cut in my country :D
I can go to sleep now feeling special.
Good night !
X-D

5 years ago

it is not because you are special that it is necessary a good thing XD

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago