No idea why it was closed, but I found it interesting. I felt like seeing exactly what the year-by-year is, so I re-ordered it. The second number is the position in the original list.

Enjoy.

There were no major concentrations that indicated a strong bias for any specific year, but I did notice some other things to indicate a bias toward more recent games.

The top twenty from the original order (in year order here) are fairly evenly spread over 2000-2013.

The middle 50 in year order shows a bias toward 2000-2011.

The middle point of the full 100 was released in 2007, the 17th year out of the 22.5-year span covered by the list.

Nothing from before 1990 made the list. To be fair, this was before Windows 95 brought today's common GUI into the mainstream, which Windows 8 seems hell-bent on reverting. Microsoft may be taking their XBox One "backward compatibility is backwards thinking" (all hail Angry Joe Show) a little bit too far.

Pastebin is every forum's best friend.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I closed it because I had the weird sensation that I was trolled when I was given that. I couldn't find it anywhere and well. It seemed quite a stupid list. Sorry.

1 decade ago

2012 showed a similar bias toward more recent games.

It is difficult to be objective with such a list and retain customers. Whatever your area of business, a typical customer wants to be told they're right, even if they're wrong. "The customer is always right" isn't a rule to be obeyed, it's an observation of the customer.

1 decade ago

I don't like the list...

1 decade ago

Of course they meant the new tomb raider

1 decade ago

Even though FTL is my second favorite game, I honestly can't believe it would make it on a Top 20 Of-All-Time list from PCGamer

1 decade ago

I don't understand why Bioshock Infinite gets such good reviews and is regarded as one of the ultimate games of all-time. It was pretty meh.

1 decade ago

Story was pretty awesome. But people could just read a book... The shooting was middle class. at best.

1 decade ago

If just the the gameplay wasn't so boring and repetitive.

1 decade ago

As I was about to write in the closed topic, I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression, that it is just the list, and the numbers do not mean any special order of the games judged. There were some games that should not have been there and there were some games missing, but that is highly subjective and I do not see the point of flaming the list. I would rather have people share their own "top games" lists.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

They honestly put Mass effect 2 and Skyrim above Deus ex? HA! That's just silly.

1 decade ago

Fallout 2 missing? And crap stealing it's name is on list?

1 decade ago

Seriously

1 decade ago

So Diablo 3 beats Diablo 2? mk

1 decade ago

I hope you maintain this list if they ever do this again, bookmarked xD

1 decade ago

Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite? Trolls

1 decade ago

This list is almost completely wrong... is it based on some weird "money profit" charts?

1 decade ago

Hotline Miami, Dayz, Plants vs Zombies, the Walking Dead... top 100 games of all time? Pleeeeeeeease...

More like a list of "some great older games plus whatever is popular at the moment"

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Cheeseburgermafia.