https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/m72wb/overture

Hong Kong Day 1 Dinner
We went to a random hole in the wall near Temple Street for dinner. New Keung Kee BBQ.

Free soup. They give you bowl of boiling soup to wash your utensils in, then another bowl to drink.
Roast pork on rice. Eh, not a fan of this one. This pork had way too much fat on it. It was basically 90%/10% fat to meat ratio.
Char siu on rice. Much better than above dish. Still, I've had better.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Soup to wash utensils?

5 years ago

Maybe the first bowl was just water, which makes more sense. I wasn't really paying attention.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Welcome to Hong Kong!!
Have been watching your daily threads for a long time, and you finally come to my home town.

Apart from those regular touristic places and countless shopping malls, I would recommend you to have a taste of Hong Kong's countryside. Hikes and Islands are very accessible here, ~1 hour of transport.

• Hikes: Dragon's Back Known as the “Best Urban Hike in Asia”. Fairly easy and have some good views, there's also a beach at the end point.
  • Islands: Cheung Chau Kind of filled with tourist, but still it's a different side(was a fishing village) of Hong Kong. May be try some seafood near the pier.
  • There are many more.

If you plan on staying until the Chinese New Year. There are some celebrations you might be interested in.

• 30/1-4/2 New Year Fair at Victoria Park: Highly recommend this. It can get extremely crowded in last few nights, but you can experience the most authentic festival atmosphere.
  • 5/2 Night Parade in Tsim Sha Tsui: Buy the ticket(very limited) for the seats, or free viewing along the street
  • 6/2 Fireworks: You can view it anywhere next to the harbour, but the best viewing place would be Admiralty, by the Government headquarters. Don't even try Tsim Sha Tsui, you won't be able to get in 2 hours before.
5 years ago*

Tasty pics as usual.

A wild GA appears!

5 years ago

yay!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.