Comment has been collapsed.

Yay or nay?

View Results
Yay
Nay

Just fyi for potential buyers; This is an Origin key.
I know 99% will already know, but thought it was worth pointing out for the rest.

5 years ago

Appreciated.. (I'm the left over 1%)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

I wouldn't say it's required, but with the teaser for the next Dragon Age, maybe so...

I'd say it's like having the Mass Effect DLCs. Very, very nice additions, and I wouldn't play without 'em -- but you can.

5 years ago

I honestly totally recommend the GOTY edition over the standart one. It adds a lot and as with every DA your choices from DLC will probably count to DA4

5 years ago

Trespasser does contain the real ending. No supposedly about it. Playing without Trespasser would basically be playing Mass Effect 1 and 2, and skipping 3.

You definitely need Trespasser. Frankly, it should've been in the main game, not a DLC. But alas.

• It takes place 2 years after the main campaign and contains the actual ending to the game. The base game just sort of cuts off.
  • Several massive plot points.
  • turns the whole world of Thedas upside down. (I am not kidding.)
  • sets up the entire plot for DA4.
  • It answers a lot of questions.
  • It contains the epilogue sliders.
  • Wraps up the party character arcs and the romance arc. Including for a character that didn't really have a romance ending in the base game.
  • adds adds 80 new ability upgrades.
  • Adds another major ability.
  • If you skip it, you're going to extremely confused if you ever decide to play Dragon Age 4.

I can't explain why the DLC is so important without giving away major spoilers, but the title of DA4, which was recently announced, says it all. If you know a bit about the history of Thedas, (and/or you've seen the ending cutscene of DAI,) you'll know why you can't skip this one.

Jaws of Hakkon is great, but not mandatory. It adds a large new area and dives into the history of the old Inquisition. If you're a fan of the Lore, it's worth playing. If you're not, you won't miss much. It does contain the hardest fights in the game. This area is tough.

The Descent is fun, but a bit more tedious. If you find yourself missing the Darkspawn and the Deep Roads, this one's for you. The reveal at the end is a bit of a worldturner, if you're into the Lore.

The GOTY is a better value for money, because the price of the DLC is way over the price for the GOTY itself.

Source: I have over 900 hours in DAI.

5 years ago

If you live in South East Asia, it is cheaper to buy directly on Origin at $4.48

5 years ago

4.99 eur in EU

5 years ago

dont forget 4.48 SGD so more cheaper than 4.99 USD :D

5 years ago

nice game and excellent price :3

5 years ago

Bethesda is celebrating the holidays by having a giveaway of its own, but sadly only Fallout 76 players are eligible.
The company announced today that everyone who played the full version of Fallout 76 in 2018 will receive the classics that began everything - Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics - for free.

5 years ago

Don't quote me on that, but I think gog already gifted them

5 years ago

This post is open by User5 and I was talking to him, not to you.

5 years ago

uhm... ok ◔_◔

5 years ago

the hell dude...

You know this is a public forum and not your dms, right?

5 years ago

Hmm..
:googles:

DMS can stand for:
Disaster Management Strategy
Drugs, Money, and Sex
Dirty Mind Syndrome
Dutch Meteor Society
..etc

I mean, it occurs to me now that you probably meant "Direct Messaging System", but I'm totally fine with the vairous alternative interpetations that I got out of my search. I mean, everyone should have their own Dutch Meteor Society to chat with.. right?

Of course, the mental image of the an individual snorting cocaine while writing paranoia-fueled defense plans against meteorological threats while suffering from a mental illness that causes them to interpret input in inexplicable and unintended ways... that actually does adequately explain how the above interaction could have come about, so I can't be entirely certain that you weren't in fact referencing those other acronym associations. :P

5 years ago

That's a good idea. At least all those who got ripped off with F76 will know what good games are like.

5 years ago

The YouTube videos are over exaggerating how bad the game so don’t trust them, I personally think it’s a fun game (didn’t even see 90% of the bugs they were talking about)

5 years ago

If you're having fun, there's no much else to say. But the players' overall experience seems to be quite underwhelming.

5 years ago

maybe next year...

5 years ago

Cheers for the heads up.

5 years ago

Nice price for really nice game!

5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the GoTY edition for $9.99.

5 years ago

Enjoy!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.