I want to buy a mechanical keyboard with backlight for less than 100€, I live in Spain. There is some brands like Ducky practically never available in Europe, and some other brands don't sell too much of their stuff in Spain which sucks :(, but anyways, my dream is the ROCCAT Ryos MK Glow/Pro but it's above 130€ XD.

This is what I found so far:
CM Storm TRIGGER 90€ This one is good, but the design is grey with red backlight, I don't like it a lot.
Tt eSPORTS POSEIDON Illuminated 80-90€ not it Spanish stores and didn't found any shipping to Spain.
Ozone Strike Pro 89€ It's new, looks great, has macros, I really like the design and the white LEDs, but it's from Ozone a Spanish brand, and I don't know if it's very reliable, since I saw their headsets and the cables were not best quality I think, but if you no plan to break something it will last, my brother had 2 of their headsets and the cable spoil, but the usage of my brother is weird all the cables from his headsets rolled up on them selves not only Ozone's, since ppl don't complain, but the cable was very elastic, maybe is just issue of my brother an the quality is good idk.

I only tried the brown switch from the Logitech G710+ in one store, and I really liked it.
Right now I have a Mac aluminium keyboard the wired one, it's very good quality and good keyboard from my old iMac, has scissor switches, but now the white color in some keys became yellowish and I like to use a mechanical one :D, I used it for some years, but some months ago I bought a gaming PC, also it's works perfectly on Windows.

My questions: should I replace what I have with a mechanical keyboard what do you think? What keyboard do you like most from these? or do you know any other mechanical keyboards for less than 100€ with backlight? :)

EDIT:
Also, most desuras, what I have >.<:
Pester(Desura):
YIOJE-JAIM2-TSXSN-K2SYP-V1WRO

Cardinal Quest(Desura):
cq_prom_6M9Y20UF
cq_prom_BVWDRA1R
cq_prom_CLPV3IMU
cq_prom_A5PAPDEJ

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Multiplayer Character Pack:
JN36D-37YV3-ADFKK

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I have this keyboard and I LOVE IT!

1 decade ago

But is not mechanical :(

1 decade ago

Yes it is.

1 decade ago

Learn to reply. And edit. Also, it is not.

1 decade ago

No, it is not.

1 decade ago

But it uses rubberdome switches, so no :/, mechanical ones use Cherry MX Red, Blue, Black, Brown, Green or White switches with clickable noise and tactile feedback, there are some not Cherry MX as I found one poorly "gaming" keyboard for 50€, it was mechanical and looked cheap, but the switches weren't from Cherry.

I know Logitech is a good brand, but if I change the keyboard I want a mechanical.

1 decade ago

There's also Alps switches, buckling spring, scissor switches, etc

1 decade ago

Buy the Ozone in PcComponentes, it's a fantastic keyboard.

1 decade ago

Looks great yes as I saw from youtube, but I did not decided yet, that's why I created this thread, also for suggestions.

1 decade ago

Not ulluminated, but my favourite :D

1 decade ago

Looks strange without key cap inscriptions xd, but I saw this before too, some ppl say they like it, personally I can type without looking, but when I start thinking about it I can't xd.

1 decade ago

Maybe I will buy this, didn't decided yet, and I will ask if they sell other switches, because I see only reds, also for same price the CM Storm Trigger looks ugly imo xd

1 decade ago

Tambien resulta dificil encontrar uno con la mierda de ñ xD

1 decade ago

I recently picked up a CM Storm Quickfire TK with brown switches. I'm a fan of the brown switches since they have that tactile click when the key actuates, but isn't as loud and "clack-y" like the blue switches. Very nice for gaming in my opinion. I also like having the combined ten-key and arrows, but the smaller form factor that they make when chopping off the ten-key. The ones I got are illuminated white, but you can get them in blue and red as well. Here is the one I got.

1 decade ago

I use this but with red switches. I got it for $70 I believe on sale, which is decent. Red switches are the ones you generally want unless you have a particular preference for keys being heavier or louder.

The CM Storm looks nice too. But in the end it's what you feel is the best value for your money, so whatever works for you. You'll love whichever one you get, though probably not black or green keys. :P

1 decade ago

The most I liked from hearing their sound in youtube are the red and browns, and I tried only the browns by myself, I liked it but it was a strange feeling, also I saw that browns are something in the middle from gaming and typing, in my store they have reds, but I asked them if they have another, the ones I didn't liked are greens because they're loud and blacks because they're heavy.

how is the typing and gaming on reds? easy to double tap?

1 decade ago

Very easy. You've tried them, right? Being in your store and all.

1 decade ago

how is the typing and gaming on browns? easy to double tap?

1 decade ago

Browns are THE BEST if you prefer both gaming and typing. Reds should be better only for gaming, blues only for typing. It is easy to double tap, you don't feel any difference. Source: I am also proud owner of Quickfire TK w/ browns. :)

1 decade ago

I love 'em. I like being able to feel when the key actuates through the click because you can easily do things like double tapping. And like mentioned just above, they're great for both gaming and typing. Plus, the sound is great :)

1 decade ago

Thanks for Cardinal Quest (6M9Y20UF)!

So, I grew up using an IBM Model M keyboard, as mechanical as it gets. I loved it. When you hit a key, you knew you hit it. You know?

Now I use a soft mac wireless keyboard. Did you press the key? Are you sure? There's almost no travel to the keys, they're very soft.

But here's the thing: when you have to do a LOT of typing (I program and write), the soft keyboard is better. It's counter-intuitive, because the sharp mechanical keyboard initially FELT so much better, but it wears after a while. In the meantime, I can type on the soft keyboard forever and my fingers don't get tired. I thought I would hate it, and I ended up loving it.

(It still doesn't have the right sound though...)

I don't know if I would ever spend that much on a keyboard again. My last big keyboard purchase was a mechanical hardwired dvorak natural-style. Great, but expensive. So expensive.... And when it broke, that was it.

1 decade ago

I remeber when I was a child my father had a keyboard with Buckling Springs, I remember the feel, but the noise was too loud. I know the soft keyboards are good for typing, bu It anyways liked to try a mechanical one with backlit, just for something new and also to type in dark :D

1 decade ago

"When you hit a key, you knew you hit it."

Yeah, your neighbours knew too. :D

1 decade ago

i agree, the real question OP should have asked was , which mechanical keyboard is silent lmao, cuz like you said, even the neighbors will hear you typing, its the most annoying thing ever

1 decade ago

ive never heard of the keyboard that you posted but i have a Max Tesoro Keyboard. i enjoy it alot. in my opinion it is quite attractive. here is a link for their keyboards.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/

they come out of the US, from California. i got mine cause i got it on sale along with free items at the time. my keyboard also came with a free Tesoro Mouse, a free mouse pad, free extra mechanical keys with art icons for them, & a free key puller. it was a great deal & the keyboard is extremely well built. but this might not meet your price range since it might cost you more for international shipping

1 decade ago

I think your best bet is saving a little more and get a mechanical keyboard above 100$ because you don't seem very satisfied with the options you have now.

1 decade ago

This is a great reply listen to this guy.

1 decade ago

Corsair Vengeance K70 Anodized Black, bought this board myself in a impusle buy. Great keyboard, little more expensive but its great. Anti-ghosting and full-key rollover. Cherry red switches.

1 decade ago

So I decided to spend a little more than 100€, to buy a Logitech G710+ with Cherry Mx Brown switches, here is a review on Tom's Hardware :)

Hey make sure that the Desura keys I posted above are used :D, because I gave one of these to my friend and it wasn't used.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by lordcataclysm10.