Well i recenelty played fear and fear 2, so today i decide to download FEAR 3 even though it wont work. So, i download and then try it and it has minimum lag. My pc cant even pass the minimum requirements, Its a e5200 dual core @ 2.40 Ghz, 6 gigs of ram windows 7 premium.

I guess its a christmas miracle.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Just because it's not listed as supported doesn't mean it won't work. Point in case.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Beautiful!

1 decade ago

Excellent.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

I guess this time im getting borderlands 2.

1 decade ago

Dont,it will lag

1 decade ago

256mb 8800gt it wont.

1 decade ago

I run Borderlands 2 just fine below minimum specs. Just expect HORRID lag if you ever alt+tab, but it does go away after a bit. I'm even running an agp gfx card...

Edit: Just watched the cartoon BL2 video below. My experience is Gearbox did a great job with the auto detect on this game. I never changed a thing and my 7800 GS doesn't give me that garbage, only 2g ram as well...

1 decade ago

Requirements aren't exactly that accurate and can be very vague in what they mean. I tend to never go by them. Unless ofcourse, it's an OS requirement, which no need to worry when using Win7/Win8, unless it's an older game with compatibility issues.

1 decade ago

I've had games where I meet the recommended requirements and it runs like crap even on the lowest settings, and I've had games where my computer is below the minimum requirements and the game runs just fine so long as certain effects are disabled.

1 decade ago

same its on playable framerates. So yay!Mw3 also runs smoothly.

1 decade ago

I have notice newer games with this issue of the system requirements mean absolutly nothing. I have also noticed at times that games get dumb when it comes to resolution too. My brother had a semi crap computer and installed Star Trek Online, and it lagged on the medium settings, my first instinct was to lower the resolution, this actually made it worse by far. He, while just being what i thought was stupid, decided to restart the game and raise the resolution, actually made the game playable. I do not know when this trend of making the card work harder = better results than giving it a break, but it wasn't only that game that did it, the same thing happened when he attempted to play APB Reloaded. Just a thought to try as well if one is having issues.

1 decade ago

its all about how the game was optimized to run on anything. i can run plenty of games that my computer has no right to be playing.

1 decade ago

^

1 decade ago

Any other games like this? I two have a low spec system.

1 decade ago

Everyone should have at least an 8800 gt or 9800 gt these days, since it was 30 USD at newegg on black friday, cyber monday, and green monday

1 decade ago

OP doesn't even have FEAR on his library, pirate?

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by KillKode707.