Well my gift/won ratio is a very weird number confluence! 672/276. So for the platformer + cat lovers of the GOG SG group, Weird Biased Gamer group and Underdark group and NoShelfGame group and Any Time, Any Place group plus my SG whitelist, I present A Walk in the Dark. Play as Bastet, the cat, in this beautiful platform game - a controller is advised :-)

Btw, I am the mother of a 20 something dev, I enjoy games and I also enjoy gifting bundle extras that I'll never play to peeps that will enjoy them. I'm posting this on SG forum in order to add some more whitelist peeps.... Post a message why I should add you to my whitelist - are you a generous gifter, a nice/funny person, an older, female gamer? Tell me why you should be on my whitelist!

Oh and this is a Level 2 GA.. yeah - I thought about making it higher but it's an old bundle game - albeit a nice one :-p

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/yDwfl/a-walk-in-the-dark

Added another whitelist GA for a fun, favorite game :-)
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/jO9LS/hero-of-the-kingdom-ii

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Reasons why I should be on your whitelist:

1. You were already on mine (it must have been your excellent ratio, but it could be the result of you writing something interesting or insightful on the forums; these are the two ways people get on my whitelist).
  2. I have a decent (I think) ratio of 5 games won to 40 games given
  3. I love cats :-)

BTW, I already own A Walk in the Dark, so won't be entering this specific giveaway...

Thanks in advance!

8 years ago

:-) Added even though you own this lovely game!

8 years ago

Thank you! Time to bump this game up in my backlog :-)

8 years ago

How did 70/27 become that number? And is your child a GAME dev or just a dev "in general"?

8 years ago

$276.73 to $672.30

And they say I'm bad at puzzles... ha!

Edit: Coezo, welcome to my whitelist. Nice ratio! :-)

8 years ago

lol, duh! And I thought I was good at puzzles. :P Anyway, interesting number confluence there. :P "A shame" it'll change soon, I'm sure. :)

BTW, thanks for the whitelist.

8 years ago

He's a plain, old, regular dev though I'm pretty sure he'll eventually develop a game... I, for one, can't wait because he's pretty brilliant (and this is not just mom talking :-p)

8 years ago

Oh. As a regular dev and (hopefully) future game dev, I think this is awesome! My mom is slightly interested in video game and I think it's amazing. She used to love the soundtracks of the JRPGs I played on the Playstation and she even tried to play Dragon Age (without much success though :/). So, a mom that's really into videogame? Wow! Stay awesome, you guys!

As for the whitelist, I don't know... I'm not really good at convincing, neither do I think I want to convince anybody to put me in their whitelist. So I'll leave it at that. :P

8 years ago

Well to be fair, I was the one who started him gaming. There's a simple Hypercard game called Cosmic Osmo that I began him on at about age 2... Steam finally broke it out of the gigantic Cyan/Myst package.

As to whitelist, there was no need to ask :-p

8 years ago

Interesting! That's even more amazing! :) It was my father who started me gaming when I was 4 (I'm 30 now) with the Atari 2600. Sadly he passed away 2 years later, so I never had the opportunity to know how it would be to grow up with a gaming parent. Again, stay awesome. ;)

And thanks. ;)

8 years ago

I hear you - my dad was killed in a plane crash when I was 3.. but life happens... sigh.

8 years ago

Whoa you are awesome :D

8 years ago

This game seems like a nice one, but I don't want it all that much and I'm sure others want it more so I'll leave the chance for them.

Plus, I'm not even level 2 yet, so there would me no point (:

But hey, thanks for the chance! Cheers.

8 years ago

I think you should check your level cause it appears you are at 2 :-) Also added cause I've noticed your commentary in other threads :-p

8 years ago

Nope. I'm level 1 (:

Oh, in that case I thank you.

I've added you too (;

8 years ago

Sigh, my old eyes must be playing tricks on me :-(

8 years ago

Perhaps it is time to rest, then?

Whenever I get like that myself, I call it a day.

8 years ago

Well I'm still enjoying the day off but agreed - time to get off the computer!

8 years ago

I'll do the same myself! Have a pleasant night, miss (:

8 years ago

I really enjoy platformers but am unfamiliar with this one. It looks like a great deal of fun. :)

8 years ago

Doesn't it? Unfortunately I truly suck at true platform games :-( I'm much better at coaching others than playing them myself...

Also, added :-)

8 years ago

Well that is unexpected. I wasn't looking for an add, just wanted to thank you for introducing me to a new game. :)

Welcome to mine as well. :)

8 years ago

Thanks for contributing to the community! The fact that I'm not in any of those groups, but can access your giveaway must mean I'm already on your whitelist! I love cats, so I'm glad to have the opportunity to enter this giveaway!

Also, it's cool that we have people of all ages on SteamGifts :3.

8 years ago

LOL! You've been "noticed" :-p

8 years ago

Ah, for my wonderful, trolling ways, I suppose :3.

8 years ago

Nope - you're quite the hoot :-p

8 years ago

Why, thank you :P.

8 years ago

Because i like cats, dogs and ducks and made some giveaways to nice people

Greetings :)

8 years ago

My apologies but your gifts sent to gifts won is a bit low for now :-) Hope you understand...

8 years ago

what about me?
I like babies

8 years ago

Well babies are a LOT of work but hey - nice ratio :-)

8 years ago

HA! level 4, but it's your thread good luck!

8 years ago

true but a girl's gotta have some modicum of standards :-)

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Added for sheer and utter volume of GA's :-p Hope you'll enter :-)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Well, I kinda understand your position here... I tried to bring my mom to Steam once but she prefer to stay on farm heroes saga. I didn't push her to limits because she has serious language limitations and UI undestanding limitations .. but I'm REALLY enjoy to see her enjoying her farm heroes saga on facebook.
I hope you continue in this path. We love family people that can follow world games. You are a awesome mom though. I may not be the best person to whiteliste, but, right now, you made me see the very best of my "gamer mom" besides her gaming limitations. sorry about typos and bad english, i'm on android which make it worst :(

8 years ago

Well to be fair, I put my son on my lap when he was old enough to move the mouse around :-) But enjoy your mom no matter if she plays games or not :-p Heck, when we start "grading" games as not "real" gaming... well it's ALL about fun, right?

8 years ago

I've given away about twice as much as I've won

8 years ago

LOL! I love the "handle" cause my hubby gives me nuclear frisson :-p

8 years ago

I don't know if there is a good reason to whitelist me. My ratio's not amazing, even when all this ends, I'll only be at about 1:2. Am I funny or interesting? I mean, I think so, I write a lot, but it seems that only a few people care for it. apparently I make good poems.

Also, you're on my whitelist. I can't remember what for, but thanks for being awesome. Also thanks for the game, even if I'm not entering. It looks like a really cool game!

Have a cute dragon!

View attached image.
8 years ago

Oh it's so cute! Also added cause you always say nice things to peeps :-)

8 years ago

Why couldn't the pony sing? Because it was little hoarse! I would love to be on your whitelist

8 years ago

Oh, I do love horrible puns :D

8 years ago

I didn't realize that your son is a dev... huh!

You're already on my whitelist, of course. XD

8 years ago

LOL! Hey, Col - hope all is well by you and yours :-) And yes, my son is a developer...

8 years ago

Already a part of Weird Biased Gamer and I also already own the game so no need for the whitelist. But the thing with the numbers in the ratio is neat!

8 years ago

Added anyway:-p

8 years ago

Aww shucks, thanks!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Hey! How the heck are you??

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I am having a very lovely day. Work is crazy so weekends are sweet!

8 years ago

Hmmm... well I've given away 25 games so far, but only won 1.
I love cats.
Oh, and I'm a dev.
Hope I can be on your whitelist. :)

8 years ago

Added :-)

8 years ago

Thanks!

8 years ago

I think I'm a pretty good person, or I try to be. Definitely not older, or female, but I am funny! And I like giving back to people.

8 years ago

Happy Cake Day! added :-)

8 years ago

Your son is a dev, that's cool, I've heard that said before once, I wonder...
Will his Saga continue ? :D (What? No idea what I'm on about ? Nevermind, wrong mom :P)
Anyway, why put me on your whitelist ? Uhm, good question, I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'm pretty clueless. Mostly clueless, slightly pretty.

8 years ago

Close enough on the ratio plus good try on the commentary! So yeah, my son is a developer and I work in the IT field...

Slightly pretty?

8 years ago

Well according to my mom I'm handsome, my girlfriend says I'm beautiful, so taking those and adding my own opinion I get to a 'slightly pretty' :P

8 years ago

Ah, now I get it :-)

8 years ago

I totally understand this interpretation :)

8 years ago

why not?
i'm a dev, only haven't made anything to the end. have 3 games in making

8 years ago

Keep the faith! And give yourself time-based goals...it's amazing what a deadline can do to help get something done :-)

8 years ago

i'm a web programmer by day and have other deadlines. making deadlines for games will remove any free time i have

8 years ago

I hear you - work is kicking my rear around the block lately....

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

LOL! That's quite an amazing accomplishment! I'll be lucky to ever have grandkids but hey, it COULD happen!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Um, yeah... we'll see :-D

8 years ago

Oh wow. Now I feel really bad about the "corkscrew penis" conversation.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Added you too bad, bad boy!

8 years ago

Its not showing me on your Whitelist, but that wasn't really a game that I planned on entering anyways, so its no big deal.

8 years ago

check it now...damnable spotty internet!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

lips sealed :-p

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Indeed we must!

8 years ago

I think you and me are going to get along very well :-p

8 years ago

Now I'm really jealous of your grandkids. I wish my grandma had been as cool as you. My mom is, though. So that's something. Just be warned that asking about my mom will end up in a huge torrent of praise for her. ;p

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I do my best to nurture our relationship. We spend time together quite a bit. And we've played games together, too. She's kinda like a best friend sometimes. And she's already a grandmother, via my sister, and is really good to her grandkids.

Sometimes crazy is good. ^_^

8 years ago

I trust you know what you are doing Momo.

Your generosity is appreciated!

8 years ago

me?

8 years ago

You? :-p

8 years ago

yeap. ;)

8 years ago

My experience as a woman gamer...
When I was a child, I'd visit my friend who lived down the street. She had an older brother and they had the Intellivision, the Atari and the ColecoVision. I'd spend hours over at their house playing video games. When Christmas came, I started unwrapping a package and I was so excited to see an Intellivison box. I ripped the box open, only to find it was packed full of Barbie stuff. Barbie is amazing, but I admit I was disappointed...
My following birthday I got an Atari and I've been gaming ever since. :) As I grew older, it got harder and harder to convince my girlfriends to stay up all night playing Dig Dug, Pitfall and Frogger... even after upgrading to Tetris, Mario and everything which came after...
In my social circle, of real life adult friends, I am the only female gamer. At parties and social gatherings, I talk gaming with the guys. I know statically, there are many women gamers and I wish my female friends gamed. Anyone who loves to read should give it a try. The mental journey of a good game is comparable to reading an amazing novel. Sometimes It's better since it's far more interactive and (typically) lasts longer. :)

8 years ago

After reading about your Barbie incident, I spent a good half minute just sitting there with my bitchface on. I felt legit pain for you.
Also, I agree with that last bit so much. There's at least one game out there for everyone to enjoy.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

hehe, thanks for the support :)

8 years ago

I never really felt left out of the party when it came to gifts (but then I had a very specific pursuit as a child that did not involve gaming). But I totally agree - a good game IS like a good book. And like with a really good book, finishing a good game leaves me with a bit of sadness and hope that the author will write another equally as satisfying :-)

8 years ago

Add me!
I'm a nice, generous, older, female gamer whose son is also a dev! What a coincidence!
Wait a minute, I smell something on fire...

View attached image.
8 years ago

LOL! Added because you made me chuckle - now get to work on that ratio! :-p Seriously, do as you please - it was just a suggestion

8 years ago

I plan to. I'm in between jobs at the moment, so doing mostly small giveaways. Of course it doesn't help that I use all my free time on SG puzzles :)

8 years ago

ZOMG! Some puzzle makers are absolute sadists, I tell you!

8 years ago

I give away a lot more games than I win, so that's gotten me on a few whitelists. I've never really thought about why I should or shouldn't be on one, but I'm a fairly regular contributor to the community. Some are just smaller single group private giveaways which may not even get enough entries to count towards my total contribution, and others simply will have level requirements involved. I have a mix of whitelist/group giveaways too, and the rate I give them away at is random. I do mostly bundled games, but I do a few non-bundled as well once in a while. I've almost always got at least one giveaway up somewhere though.

8 years ago

Wow, that is a very impressive ratio! :-D

8 years ago

I added you also! Here's one still up with whitelist included, if you do not have Alum. http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/fwnAQ/alum About 6 hours left on it! Not sure if you noticed it or not.

8 years ago

Oh cool but work - well it never ends and it prevented me from entering but thanks for the wishlist item :-)

8 years ago

Reason why I should be in your whitelist:

1. I have a good Win:Giveaway ratio (Which is slowly improving)
  2. I am an enthusiast for games and gaming competitively.
  3. I am the administrator in your primary group. :P
8 years ago

:-)

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.