I'm interested in picking these games up as I had a ton of fun playing 1942 when it first came out and never got to play 2142. I know EA/Gamespy shut the official servers down, but does anyone know if there is still a community playing these? Clearly I don't want to buy them for coasters. :) Thank you for any help. :)

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

There are three 2142 servers listed on GameRanger right now but they appear to be empty. I'm going to assume that there isn't very many playing it anymore.

8 years ago

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the information. :)

8 years ago

Ah... How I miss those days of 1942 playing.... Cheating and haXXORz killed that game, dead.

8 years ago

:(

1942 was amazing back in the day. I always wanted to play 2142, but it seems I'm years too late to the party.

8 years ago

I wanted to play 2142. :(

8 years ago

Me, too. :(

8 years ago

I was looking at it a year or 2 ago but it was too late. First Battlefield i really missed i guess.

8 years ago

What a bummer. Game play videos look really fun.

8 years ago

1942 is free on Origin ;)

8 years ago

I wonder if it's the complete version with both expansions and Vietnam. :)

8 years ago

The download page seems to indicate its just the base game

8 years ago

Ah, too bad. Thank you for the information. :)

8 years ago

:( hope the servers still work for it

8 years ago

1942 is the best Battlefield game.
Played it ~4 years back and there were few quite populated servers back then.

ENEMY SUBMARINE SPOTTED

8 years ago

I think these are too late now. :(

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

BC2 seems to be really popular. I had an account somewhere but i forgot if it was Origin or something els. Didn't touch it for a long long time.

8 years ago

I played the Bad Company 2 campaign, but I've never tried multiplayer. Maybe I'll check that out. :)

8 years ago

I loved BF 2142, sadly no one plays it anymore.
That's the problem with developers spamming the market with new games year after year.

8 years ago

that is why they are spamming - you want to play with others, you must buy newer title, get those new shiny DLCs and season passes without which you won't be able to do anything in your full (i mean base) version

btw. where are those days, when full version meant full version (as a difference from demo version), you only had to get addons (but only if you really wanted), now full version is literally full only when you get GotY release

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I guess I missed out on that one. Game play videos look really fun. :(

8 years ago

Oh yeah, i had tons of fun playing this. Before all those repetitive yearly broken dlc shit came out.
You had a good player base and they actually cared for the game, not abandoned it after a few month of updates.

8 years ago

better get BF 4 if you dont have it cause EA close servers of old games like they did with NFS and other games

8 years ago

I have 4 and just bought Hardline a couple of days ago, but there's something about the original 1942 that just hasn't been replicated and 2142 looks a lot like it only set in the future. Guess the days of the classic scenarios are gone. :(

8 years ago

i know that feel ;) but bf 3 wasnt that bad when it comes to the plot and i think BF 2142 didnt have a solo mode only multy ;)

8 years ago

Ah BF 1942 ... Memories... :)
Especially with the mod Desert Combat : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujd5e9XiSw8

Edit : Why they don't make themes like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SJDron_1g

8 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by guppy44.