So with the new remote play out, you can use the ps4 controller via usb port. Since I don't have a second PS4 gamepad, I wanted to know if I could simply have the 360 controller emulate a PS4 controller. This way, you can plug the 360 controller on the PC and the PS4 controller on the PS4 so 2 people can play Co-AWP. :D

Is this possible? If not, is there a way to emulate the input that the PS4 controller uses?

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it possible?

View Results
Yes
No
Imperative Potato

I have a device that can do it but you would be better off just buying a controller for how much it costs. Here's the website for it if you're still interested. http://cronusmax.com/ I bought it to use with fighting games on my 360 since the DPad is so bad on the 360 controller but it has many other uses.

8 years ago

the 360 controller isn't being plugged into the PS4, it would plug into my PC and used via Remote Play that just released today.

8 years ago

I know, this works with PC as well, it sees the controller as a 360 controller in Steam, I use it for the same reason (the poor 360 DPad) on my PC with emulators, puzzle games and fighting games. If you're considering getting the CronusMAX I'll test it with the remote play on PC to be 100% sure it works but again unless you need it's other features you might be better off getting a PS4 controller instead. I'm not sure of any other way to do it and for some reason it seems nobody else bothered replying.

8 years ago

Yeah it seems no one else is interested in this discussion.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Yeah I would assume so.

8 years ago

It's funny Google has hundreds of entries on DS4 to Xinput but nothing on Xinput to DS4.
:/

8 years ago

DS4 uses DirectInput, like trying to run a bike with another bike... xD

You could try to set you 360 controller to Direct Input, but its rather a complicated process especially for Windows 10, and im not even sure it will work, theres gotta be a simplier solution.

8 years ago

I've set my Xbox 360 controller to a direct input driver before, but it was A VERY long time ago... I have no idea how to do it now.

8 years ago

i can tell you how to do it trough the XBCD drivers for Windows 10 if you want to, but like i said, idk if will work for the PS4 thingy.

8 years ago

I'd be willing to know how for an option.

8 years ago

well then

First, you gotta disable Windows 10 driver signature thingy.

Press Start
Click on Power
Hold down Shift and press Restart
Navigate to Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings and press Restart
Wait for Windows to restart and when prompted press 7 for Disable driver signature enforcement and wait for Windows to come up

Then you run the XBCD Drivers as administrator, these are mine.

Restart

Then you go to Device Manager, search it with the "Search Windows" Button next to Start, if you dont know how to get there.
There it should be the Xbox 360 Controller, named Xbox 360 Controller for Windows or something like that.
Right click on it -> Update Driver Software -> Browse my Computer.... -> Let me pick from a List of device drivers...
And there it should be the Drivers, named XBCD Xbox 360 Controller.
Select them, next, youll get a warnning about installing unsigned software or something dont worry, let it continue.

Restart

And on your "All Apps" list on start, there at the end there should be a XBCD Folder, Run the Setup Utility and load the xgi file i put in the rar, its my calibration setting i feel they work great, you can calibrate them yourself, but keep in mind the XBCD UI its kind off bugged since Windows 7 so it wont perfectly show your inputs, but the driver works fine.

And thats it, now your 360 controller is working on Direct Input, the Xbox ONE Controller is not compatible with Direct Input and it wont work with this guide.
Most games wont reconize your controller as a 360 Controller and pick it right away, you might even have to emulate them with XInputTest or something like that, i have setting for that too if you want them.
Advantages of DirectInput are simple, its much more precise as it works with the direct values rather than the aproximated values XInput uses, wich is not that big of an advantage as most games dont require you to be precise, offcourse not they are using a controller.

Good luck.

8 years ago

Thanks. I'll try these later and report back to see if it works or not.

8 years ago

That would be sacrilege anyway so I'd say save some money and get a second DS4.

8 years ago

bump

8 years ago

Here is a tutorial I made : https://youtu.be/l0cDJbOUVoo

Enjoy ! :D

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.