...at least virtually.
Because you should stay at home! But that doesn't mean we can't "travel" the world!
I played a lot of Geoguessr lately and really enjoyed it a lot. The world is huge and so many interesting places to discover!
(Off-Topic: If you want you are welcome to send me some challenge invites over there (Name there is "PowerZiege" as well) But play fair and without asking google - otherwise its no challenge at all ;))

So i was wondering how i can bring this somehow into SG making a puzzle out of it. Sadly i couldn't use geoguessr itself - so i made a easy spin-off of the "Famous Places" Map-Set.

In the ITH-Puzzle you see screenshots taken from Google StreetView. I want you to head over to Google Maps/StreetView and figure out:

• where you are? (should be really easy. I picked places everybody should know)
  • then find the spot i took the screenshot at
  • answer with the streetname of this very spot.
  • get rewarded. 4 HOG games from Fanatical Bundle - chances are high you already own them (sorry!)
4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

4 HOG games from Fanatical Bundle - chances are high you already own them (sorry!)

I do, but it's OK. I enjoyed the virtual egg hunt, so thanks for that!

4 years ago

You're welcome! :)

4 years ago

Completely lost on the big city, can't really find anything identifying. It also really looks like somewhere I would hate to be (I don't like crowded, massive cities).

4 years ago

yeah me neither. way to crowded. maybe not today.
I only know it from tons of movies and series...big City in the US.

4 years ago

I had a hunch about the city to begin with, googled "streets in city" and that took me to it pretty easily. No interest in HOGs though. Thanks for the puzzle!

4 years ago

its not about getting out cause no one will go out all the time , its just about the thinking of being held in some prison that makes you panic .....

4 years ago

I had to tinker a bit with the last place. Thanks for the little fun trip :)

4 years ago

This was fun, thank you for the tour! :D

4 years ago

That was a great challenge. 1, 2, and 5 were easy. 4 was fairly easy, but 3 just sent me all over the place. Finally solved. I have all of the games, but the puzzle was well worth the trip

4 years ago

No interest in the games, but it was a fun puzzle. Thank you!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

here is the same picture - but larger. (click. It will bring you to imgur)
Maybe you can identify something in the background that might help ;)

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thanks! I did get it once i did that google search, its like in the top results haha, geoguessr is fun! i remember playing it with frnds where u guess the country i used to search hectically for signboards!, anyway deleting my frst msg cz its a hint now,

4 years ago

Not actually taking part just wanted to see your pictures and can only confirm I know picture 1. Can give a good enough guess on the 3rd but all the others I would have to be searching up stupid stuff like big pointy building

4 years ago

4 years ago

Thanks for this little game :) 1,2 and 3 were easy, 4 took a little more but I don't know why 5 took me longer.

4 years ago

I checked 1st question from google but after few wrong guesses, i am giving up for now. I'll come back tomorrow. Thanks for the puzzle.

(I DID EVERY POSSIBLE NAME FOR THAT STREET, DAMMIT)

4 years ago

Bump for solved!

4 years ago

BUMP
Thanks for a cool puzzle. It was really fun. Have all the games already but I enjoyed the trip around the world
It's calling for more hehe

4 years ago

Thanks for the positive vibes! :)

4 years ago

Nice event dude

4 years ago

Thz for the funny puzzle. 4 took me the longest time, I really dont know where it is and the name lol

4 years ago

Bump for solved! :)

4 years ago

Thank you for the interesting and fun puzzle. It was a pleasurable experience.

4 years ago

Last one took a bit longer, because it's not the street the photo is taken from. :)

4 years ago

uhm. I'm pretty sure. you even can see the ending of the streetname IN the picture ;)
Feel free to message me in an old GA of mine which street it is in your opinion. im curious! :)

4 years ago

im not 100% sure what street it was but I had a similar problem. I would move 1 inch and itd switch from (street name) to (street name) Ave then to (street name) Ave 40 then (street name) Ave 42. just did them all

4 years ago

yeah, i think this was my issue as well.
but it's still within the same area and eventually got it, so all good.

4 years ago

BUMP

4 years ago

Bump!

4 years ago

Done, had to work for couple answers. :D

4 years ago

3 was the hardest (?). Thanks :)

4 years ago

bump

4 years ago

Was refreshngly fun. Thanks for letting me travelling around the world with you. I doubt it'll be possible in the upcoming times.

4 years ago

Bump

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.