It's part of the Gearbox Publishing deals. I thought it is a pretty good deal.
Deal

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I think itll be bundled soon. (guess in HB Choice)

3 years ago

I personally wouldn't mind. It's been on my wishlist for quite a while, but never really felt like pulling the trigger during a sale. If it gets bundled through HB Choice however, I would most probably keep it for myself.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

That is the only way I might consider getting it.

It made a good first impression on me when it was revealed at an E3 and knowing that the devs were behind Contact, but I lost much interest with all the critical reviews in Early Access and after release.

3 years ago

Shame it's not the DLC too.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Good deal , thanks ,grabbed a key.

3 years ago*

In gamebillet is cheaper! €4.59

3 years ago

Yeah I wanted to point it out too. Thanks :-)

3 years ago

Pity that I bought this on last Summer 2020 sale, but haven't touch it yet.

3 years ago

Wish my stupid VISA prepaid card worked with Fanatical, I'd pick this up.

3 years ago

If it can be linked to paypal, it will prob work.
This is how i bypassed some sites that don't except my virtual visa

3 years ago

That's what I was trying to use (via Paypal) and it still wouldn't go through. But I got something different from Humble the next day, went through fine. So even thru Paypal, the card is being picky.

3 years ago

Yeah, I think I have to use paypal (I use cash balance) when buying from fanatical too. Not sure what the issue is.

3 years ago

Game Billet was still USD$12, so I did the Fanatical and wingame store combo. Thank you @sir9 for the tip on the game and @mrbean89gr for the tip on the season pass!

3 years ago

Cheapest at Fanatical for me, I had a 5% off coupon, CAD$6.40 (US$5.01).

Bought the Season Pass at gamesload for US$3.19 (CAD$4.07)
https://www.gamesload.com/games/adventure/we-happy-few-season-pass-850119.html

3 years ago*

Just grabbed it. Another for the backlog. weee

3 years ago

Its a great price and seems like a very atmospheric game but i think it will get bundled in the next months of humble choice so i can wait.

3 years ago

One of the more disappointing titles I bought in Early Access. Started off development well enough as a procedurally generated survival game, but when Gearbox took over, the development took a turn for the worse and ended up a bit of a mess. Vast majority of negative reviews are excluded in Steam as it got review bombed on the Gearbox news. Asshole developers too - I remember the lead dev saying something like "Well your wife sounds a real piece of work" when a Steam commenter mentioned she did not like a particular feature.

Jim Stirling withheld no punches on launch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx3kPmd9hjI

3 years ago

Jim Sterling hates every game he does not get in the first few seconds.
There where def. things wrong about pricing and DLC-Announcement before launch but I would not say it's a bad game.

3 years ago

Yeah, Jim is definitely past his sell by date - and battling to remain relevant (if he ever was). But chose his video as it highlights quite well how flawed the game was at launch (and some would say, still is). The game does have a few fans - and it's cool you enjoyed it, but in my opinion it is a bad game.
Edit: Cool Story, Good voice acting, Cool aesthetics, but a bad game due to rubbish gameplay, mechanics and bugs.

3 years ago*

All key shop offer u for 4.60 :")

3 years ago

Is that key for steam games? I never bought any games outside of steam before

3 years ago

Yes, you buy a key that you have to active on Steam.

3 years ago

Yes, Fanatical sells steam keys. If you are interested in getting something from the site they are a safe retailer.

3 years ago

I remember there being a lot of hype for that game a few years back, and then it fizzled out and you never heard anything about it again.

3 years ago

Gearbox grabbed it in its scummy little mittens, and, well, it got Gearbox'd. At least it is not Duke Nukem Forever or Alien Colonial Marines. It is a miracle they managed to create good games with Borderlands, considering Randy Pitchford is astonishing at ruining anything he touches. (Unless it is money. He is an expert at embezzling that one instead.)

3 years ago

I've played through the original Borderlands and thought it was boring. I never understood the hype surrounding it. Rage is better, and even that game has its share of flaws.

3 years ago

I remember watching the E3 trailer live and thinking this could be a unique, well done open world survival game, as I had come to respect the devs from their 3D platformer game Contact.

IIRC We Happy Few was in Early Access and the reviews from that and release quashed hype for the game, mine included. If its in a bundle with other games I like then I might consider it getting it, but thats likely as far as I'll go.

3 years ago

I bought it for 4.50€ a few days ago, it's even rougher than I expected.
No one but Gearbox would try to pawn this indie experiment off as a full price AAA title.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.