8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Crappy discounts.

8 years ago

++ ;_;

8 years ago

While i think they could be better deals they are not terrible, but to many compare it to the Summer sale,and that is like going to Wal-Mart and saying tvs are over priced because you can get them cheap on black Friday.

I was hoping for maybe a Quakecon humble bundle,instead it just Bethesda games,which i have pretty much all of them.

I see they did announce a Fallout Bundle though at includes all games but Fallout 4 and the exclusive Xbox Brother Hood game.

For a every day sale it not bad,but it could be better,but yeah if you compare them to the big sales then yeah it is crap.I think to many are spoiled by these sales and instead admitting they are cheap they just call anything not 75% off or more crap

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Everyone else has the right to call it crap and what not,just as much as i have the right to say i do not think it is fair to call it a crap deal just because it not as cheap as one person thinks it should be
,After all if you want to play the game now,what good is going to do for you to wait till Winter Sale.?,What if your new to Steam? or the series and want to play it before 4 is released.?Or like you said what if someone does not mind paying the asking price.?

In the end i say if you do not like the deal stop complaining and wait for it to be at a price your willing to play,or complain which everyone has the right to do,the same as i have the right to ask why? and yes i am cheap and that is why i wait for big sales.

Also nothing is forcing anyone to buy them at this price so i still do not see the point in calling it crap,i could understand if you some how was forced to pay this price

8 years ago

Agreed.
tl;dr'ed all other long-ass comments below
inb4 cool story, bro

8 years ago

Hello,

I've bought Fallout 3 GOTY at retail on day 1, hence full price. Now, because of the crappy GFWL, I'm no longer able to play it (thanks microsoft). And if I like to play the Steam version, well, I have to buy it again, cause they didn't have the decency to let me activate my copy on Steam. And with their crappy discounts you can imagine how I feel.

Also they could make sure they sell complete products before asking for our money

Quake I + Addons, Quake II + Addons, Hexen 1 + 2. NO MUSIC.
Hexen 2: Portal of Praevus is nowhere to be seen.
Commander Keen Complete is missing Commander Keen 6 and Keen Dreams, so it's simply INCOMPLETE.

Yeah, and the discounts are mediocre at best, just like the company behind the event.

Thanks

8 years ago

Well, we call them how we see them :) .

While I normally would agree with you, but those deals are bad. Few days ago GMG sold that Elder Scrolls MMO for like 15€. On Steam - over 35€.
Skyrim - nearly 5€ more than usual deals.

It's like Bethesda either wants revenge against Steam users that didn't want to pay for mods or they know there are enough Steam-morons who won't buy games anywhere else than on Steam - and that includes Steamworks games, they won't even touch humble bundles.
And while I understand some of them - Steam Wallet - but I'm talking about morons who don't even use Steam Wallet and still say "Steam is the only place to buy PC games".

8 years ago

Well that is fine i am not going to try change your mind,though that was GMG Summer sale so i would expect huge discounts.

Well steam is the only place to redeem a lot games,though only a couple sties outside of Steam are worth shopping and i will not mention the ones that i would not use for reasons lol.I am sure some will buy it and then later realize they could have got a better deal but it should be more about the game and not how much you can save.

Anyhow i did agree the deals could have been better

8 years ago

crap discounts on 10+ years old games...

8 years ago

And again no 75% off on Quake 4...

8 years ago

I think each day this weekend is different discounts?
Because it says this on the banner ad: Today's deal: "The Elder Scrolls Franchsie up to 66% off."

So it could mean future "Fallout Franchise up to 66% off" on Friday/Sat/Sun.

But yes, most of those series have been 75% off, mulitple times all ready.

I'm hoping for minimual 25% off FO4 :D.

8 years ago

wait for another year :P

8 years ago

Or use gmg when they have another 25% off coupon :/
but cd-keys don't show 'game added' in our activity feed, nor can we trade it SAFELY as an actual steamgift. :/

8 years ago

Yeah but I wouldn't hold my br.eath on a 25% discount on FO4; too new.

8 years ago

I really hope so because those deals are a joke...

8 years ago

Big pile of steaming shit. The games were on way higher discounts at summer sale, don't see why I should buy any of that now.

8 years ago

People at the actual Quakecon event should get better deals, then those of us sitting at home :P

I'm truely surprised Bethesda even cares enough to run the event all together.

The Fallout Anthology seems pretty neat for $50, but I can get all the games in it for under $12 anyways. So I'm not sure I want to spend close to $40 for a mini-nuke :/ no matter how cool I think it is.

8 years ago

If i did not already own all of them i would,i would also buy the older fallout but they are to much even on sale i already bought the boxed version but they seem to never have the older fallouts at 75% off

But damn that mini-nuke and other stuff would be kinda neat to have,since it is one my fav series of all time

8 years ago

17,99€ for Doom 3 BFG, noty!

8 years ago

As a lot of ppl above me said "crappy discounts"...

8 years ago

I'm starting to think Bethesda is going to start charging more during the sales at this rate. Their discounts only seem to get worse with every sale.

8 years ago

What? No fallout 4 discount? Lame.

8 years ago

To be honest, buying preorder of FO4 is more lame.
Bethesda is well-known for fucking early buyers with prices for DLCs.
I, for one, will wait for GOTY edition.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

And to think I got a steam key for Fallout 3 GOTY for 2.25€ from the ubishop of all places almost 2 years ago (although that might have been a mistake on ubisoft's part as it was the same price as the base game). And also New Vegas UE for 5€

8 years ago

Wow. 25-40 discounts. Bethesda at least could have pretended they care.

8 years ago

Might have been worth it if they would deduct the cost of games you already owned from the price. But I already own about half of them and the main ones I wanted would have been some of the cheaper older games anyways.

8 years ago

Bunch of arse.

8 years ago

I remember buying Fallout: New Vegas for only $2.50 in the Steam Summer Sale -- at 75% off.
In the same sale I also got The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY for $4.99, also at a 75% discount.

Compare that to Quakecon 2015, in which the best discount was only 66% off for both games.

These prices are proof that the Summer sale is the be-all/end-all of all the Steam sales.

I kindof regret not buying the New Vegas Ultimate Edition, which had all DLC's. But it was at 66% off, which is a bit less than $7.

8 years ago*

Remember when Quakecon used to give stuff away for free.... like a Ferrari?

8 years ago

I too got Fallout : NV in the Summer Sale after I saw it recommended in the YOWH IRC Chat.. and the shocker is, I still haven't got around to playing it yet..! I should spend less time here I suppose...

8 years ago

Good luck!

8 years ago

these "discounts"

Hmm ,good thing I already own all games from that list that I'd like to get. Except FO4 for now.

8 years ago

I guess they are never bringing back the super id pack :(

8 years ago

meh, too expensive
dont have the money either way lol

8 years ago

hmm the Quakecon Bundle 2015 is almost tempting but looking it it still pretty dare & missing tonns of titles like Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Spear of Destiny, Wolfenstein 3D, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen II, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, RAGE, Rage: The Scorchers, Doom 3, Brink etc

8 years ago

Putting the "con" in "Quakecon".

These deals will suck the marrow out of your bones...

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.