Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is now available DRM-Free from GOG.

Is it just me or has GOG really been on fire with these releases lately? :)

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but it doesn't sound like that good of a deal to me. The only selling point would be DRM free as it has been the same price on steam before and also been in the humble monthly.

6 years ago

I understand your point. The price itself is a discount the game has seen before, but the fact that Capcom has released a newer title on GOG fully DRM-free opens the doors to so many possibilities of their catalog to join GOG as well. :) That and people can now own the game versus rent it from Steam. :)

6 years ago

Happy cakeday

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

True. I guess what I meant is one "owns" it nearly as must as a physical copy can be owned. Even buying physical media gives no rights to redistributing, etc. I realize that GOG titles cannot be resold as used like physical media can, but the games and their installers can be downloaded, backed up on a HDD, CD/DVD, thumb drive, etc. and otherwise "kept forever" without mattering if the GOG service ends.

6 years ago

True. I guess what I meant is one "owns" it nearly as must as a physical copy can be owned. Even buying physical media gives no rights to redistributing, etc. I realize that GOG titles cannot be resold as used like physical media can, but the games and their installers can be downloaded, backed up on a HDD, CD/DVD, thumb drive, etc. and otherwise "kept forever" without mattering if the GOG service ends. :)

6 years ago

DRM free is all the selling point needed for some people. Quality of the deal aside this is a pretty big catch for GOG as there library of newer and/or AAA titles is still limited. It also potentially opens the door for other Capcom titles as previously the only Capcom title available was Street Fighter Alpha 2.

6 years ago

This game's base price on Steam is $31.5 here in Chile, and $24.13 on GOG. This is an excellent deal to me.

6 years ago

Yay gog! They are on fire, indeed :D

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

What's wrong with Galaxy in your opinion?

6 years ago

He just likes to be angry about things.

6 years ago

I'm aware but I was still curious about any perceived shortcomings :)

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

Ah, so your problem is that you never got it to run? Anyway don't think that Galaxy in it self is a big selling point for people that care about DRM-free releases so I wouldn't worry about reasons to choose GOG even if this was a common problem :)

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

there were some surveys in the past years and also they stated a while ago that they are going to release newer and more expensive (AAA) games

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

6 years ago

This is great news but damn it I need to stop rebuying games on GoG. I'm spending way too much money on "nothing" with all the great releases on GoG lately. From now on games need to be classics and at least 15 years old if I'm going to buy something I already own again :P

6 years ago

Great news for lots of people! GOG is a good platform in it's simplicity, just download the installer and play the game, nothing else required. Someone really have to be picky to find a problem with a good-priced, DRM-free release.

6 years ago

With all respect, I'd argue about 'good priced' one.

6 years ago

On Steam I would expect it cheaper, but it's a new release on GOG, I guess it will get cheaper there with time. I mostly thought about not having the usual 10-30% release discount, but actually going deeper as it's not a new game :)

6 years ago

Shut up and take my money!!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

6 years ago

Happy cake day! :-)

6 years ago

First I will buy it on Steam (75% off) and then on GOG :D
PS : After buying almost all Ultima and almost all TES except Oblivion , I will pass this for the moment but ladies I WILL BE BACK :D

6 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.