Not sure if this has been done before, but here we are. The year in review on SG!

Personally speaking, this was my first year on SteamGifts. I hadn't expected much coming in, but more than the wins it's interacting with others that I felt was more fun. Nevertheless, hoping for a better 2021 both in terms of gibs and wins.

Win of the year
The reason why I made this discussion. My personal win of the year would easily be Graveyard Keeper. I've never been a fan of life sims before, but My Time at Portia and now Graveyard Keeper have both won me over! It's been some 3 days since the win and I've already spent 10 hours straight in the game. Absolutely love the characters, and while I'm not too far in, the gameplay loop has been refreshing so far. Have seen a few steam discussions, and keeping myself at minimum spoilers, there's quite a lot to be done!

There's so much more to discuss about! The best discusion of the year, the best gifter of the year, the best train of the year and whatnot. But let's see how it goes first before I chime in more :)

Oh, and obligatory gibs here

Happy holidays!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How was your year overall on SG?

View Results
I'm the luckiest person on SG!
Goood
Mehhh
Baaad
You guys won something?

Created some giveaways and the games are being played so that has gone alright. Managed to reduce my personal backlog by a decent amount this year. Should be in balance next year. Also reached the last level so only missing content is beating the end game boss.

3 years ago

Hey! You also gifted me with some of your giveaways inside giveaway :D
Thanks for that! Although the game I chose was already dead in the water (Shark Attack Deathmatch 2) :p

May you slay the endgame boss through to the other realm in 2021. Cheers!

3 years ago

Aye, unfortunately indie multiplayer games die hard when they go out. Shame that didn't get to play it.

3 years ago

solved, thanks for sharing!

3 years ago

Np! Thanks for participating :)

3 years ago

You could say that I did well, so far I have won a total of 6 games, this week I have won 4 times :)

3 years ago

The gods of RNG smile upon you! You're chosen :)

3 years ago

I really enjoyed graveyard keeper for the first ~24 hours but the gameplay ended up getting too monotonous for me and I couldn't bring myself to finish it. But my best win this year was probably roller coaster tycoon 2, not too shabby if I do say so myself (:

3 years ago

I think I still have a lot to discover, and might end getting monontonous. But really hoping the characters pull me through to the end! The starting was really slow as I could barely manage to gather resource is time for any quest to progress, but was able to soon pull through. As usual, crafting to the resue :p

Roller coaster tycoon 2 is such a gem! I played the original game back in the day and the expand-and-earn loop was endless fun! If only Planet Coaster was easier to navigate lol :p

3 years ago

Won three games but then my gpu started messing with me and only recently I got a new one and of course had to play some "waited for this so long" titles first, but I'll get around soon.

3 years ago

Holy moly awesome ratio :o

Even I upgraded recently and was locked out since my 1050ti broke down early in the year. Only had my laptop to play on (which was pretty shite going back to sub 30fps, but hey I survived :p)

Hope you enjoy your wins and more in 2021!

3 years ago

I had gtx950 2Gb since 2016 I think. It was surprisingly holding well until spring of 2020, but then suddenly it didn't.

3 years ago

4 years! That's pretty decent amount of time for a laptop GPU to last.

3 years ago

Amusingly enough, I just realized I've only won 1 giveaway in 2020 - Slay The Spire on January 5th.

It was a good one, played 63 hours so far, and still play it occasionally to this day.

3 years ago

When you get a game as good as that, it's really hard to complain! One of my top played games on gamepass!

3 years ago

Yep, it's my best win of 2020 because it is my only win of 2020, but I think it would have a very good chance to be even if it wasn't the case. :D

3 years ago

I won Persona 4 and that's enough for me!

3 years ago

Awesome game, that one! Congrats!

3 years ago

Back to steam and SG after 2 years MIA. Won my first gift of the year and gave away 6... so i guess that will be my state for this year.

3 years ago

Welcome back, and hope you have an awesome year!

3 years ago

Although i won many games (i am a member in some small groups) and some AAA ones i would choose NBA Playgrounds 2 for my win of the year. I played it with my 10 year old nephew and we had a great time together.

3 years ago

Still remember my time with NBA Street. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!

3 years ago

My year on SG was perfectly fine, I was lucky enough to win several wishlisted games (my favourite one so far was an awesome VN Along the Edge - I despise anime VNs, but don't mind well-written western ones at all). The last 10 days were particularly lucky for me, I won 2 "big" games: Empire of Sin and Metro Exodus.

3 years ago

Congrats my man! You deserve it :) Hope you get more wishlists in 2021!

3 years ago

Is it the best game I have won this year?

The Outer Worlds
Ended 3 weeks ago
Tower Unite
Ended 2 months ago
SUPERHOT
Ended 2 months ago
Planet Zoo
Ended 3 months ago
Kappaking
3 months ago by HiroHiro
God's Trigger
Ended 4 months ago
Train Valley 2
Ended 4 months ago
Seven: Enhanced Edition
Ended 7 months ago
Dex
Ended 8 months ago
Tyranny - Deluxe Edition
Ended 9 months ago

Οƒ(-Θ-` )Umm..γ€€
Not applicable as I have just started playing.
However, this can be expected in many ways.
The Outer Worlds
(Received at Christmas)

Games that you can enjoy cost-effectively
Seven> Dex> Train Valley 2

If you like being strong and wanting to start over, evil.
Tyranny

I really wanted to have a different life from someone else.
Tower Unite
(I don't recommend it very much. Reason: "Real Health πŸ‘€(Some human beings cannot physically log in to this world and return.)")
I just want to keep looking at the animals.
Planet Zoo

SUPERHOT!
SUPERHOT
(πŸ’»SUPERHOTπŸ’»)

3 years ago

Ending the year with a banger, I see? Great wins, even better gibs! Looking forward to more events from you Kappa! Thanks and a happy new year :)

3 years ago

My SG year has been really fortunate. I won 6 games, which is a lot more than I was expecting.

My win of the year is MO:Astray - it was absolutely delightful, and I loved almost every moment of it (but not the rotating box puzzle, that was really hard). I feel very fortunate to have won it and been able to play it.

My most anticipated win to play is Wolfeinstein II: The New Colossus - I loved the original, so really looking forward to playing it.

My most disappointing win is Neoverse - I thought I'd like it as I love Slay the Spire and similar deckbuilding games, but it didn't click with me at all. I'll have to give it another shot, but the run I did felt rather tedious.

Biggest surprise is looking over my wins and discovering that 6/32 wins are from people who now have me on their blacklist. /boggle

3 years ago

Congrats on your wins! I'm waiting on Wolfenstein 2 to hit gamepass too. Hopefully early 2021 :)

3 years ago

It was on Gamepass. It actually left Gamepass months ago. I don't know that it'll come back.

3 years ago

Should be back soon. After all, that was the main reason for the acquisition!

3 years ago

Ok I'm impressed. I didn't feel that it was particulary good year until I checked my winning page - 21 games! Wow... 8 of them were from Playing appreciated group, but most were from regular normal gifts.

I played 12 of them. The best was definietely Finding Paradise, but Eagle Island was cool too. The worst... I would say Spiral Scouts. Gameplay was quite good, but I hate the story.

About 9 games I didn't play... Three were won during last month, so I don't feel guilty. I want to finish a game I'm playing now, and then go to them. One - I'm honestly waiting for the end of early access - I absolutely love the concept, I just don't like to play EA games. The five that were left... yea - shame on me... I had busy time at work so I didn't play as much as I wanted.

And my luckiest win - MO:Astray - out of 2500 entries. I finished this game. It was good. Nothing groundbreaking but a good platformer.

At the same time - I gave away 31 games. Quite a lot from Lootboy - I won a lot of small indie games there. Looks like my biggest giveaway was Niche - a genetics survival game - 1200 entries.

3 years ago

I'm quite interested in Eagle Island myself. I mostly enter Playing Appreciated myself too as it means that game won't go to backlog! A great year I hope and wish an ever better 2021 :)

3 years ago

Most of my wins are group-related. Outside the group, I think the main thing I got this year was Call of Cthulhu.

But, the real lucky break was to win Duke Nukem Forever. Then, like a week later, I won the DLC Hail to the Icons, and 3 days later I won the second DLC: The Doctor Who Cloned Me.

What are the odds? ;)

3 years ago

Bruh, written in the rng stars!

3 years ago

I've registered 3 months ago and already won 4 games. That's not bad I think.

3 years ago

Great wins and even better gibs! Adb for 2021 :)

3 years ago

I haven't been active much and also own a lot of games I'm actually interested in already, so winning two seems quite alright!
You could even say I got really lucky if you look at that last win – a public no-level gib with 4,106 entries. I think that's actually my luckiest win ever.

3 years ago

I love that feeling! Winning something against that kinda odds? Eerily satisfying :)

3 years ago

Totally! :)

3 years ago

I didn't win much this year, but AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected was quite a fun game and i'm happy I got to play it.

Shout out to the person I won Mafia 3 from in december 2019 last year. That game was really fun!

3 years ago

Mafia 3 is underrated af. Behind a buggy game is a genuinely impressive story. I still have it on my backlog. Maybe soon :)

3 years ago

honestly when I played it, I only encountered 2 bugs. And only one of them was immersion-ruining (car rocketing up into the air)

I don't even remember the other one.

3 years ago

Whatever you do, don't look into the mirror!

3 years ago

πŸ‘€πŸ’¦

3 years ago

Review me, review me!

3 years ago

I see a few great games sprinkled on top of a big sponge of wins! More power to you for 2021 :)

3 years ago

This year, I won Opus Magnum. I have a bit of a bad relationship with puzzlers but Zachtronics really knocked it out of the park with that one. Would have been nice if there was more oomph to the story, but the lower key approach worked well enough. Just thinking about it has my brain trying to recall the soundtrack again. Brb, gonna hit that up on youtube and chill for a while <3

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Safe to say, it's definitely Zachtronics' magnum opus :p

3 years ago

Dooohohoho!
...I'm calling the police.

3 years ago

Knock knock...
This is the police...2 :p

3 years ago

You're lucky theres a statute of limitations on internet crimes. We're in 2021 now so I guess I'm gonna have to find another way to take you down >:P

3 years ago

How about we go back to 2004 and take down each other in Burnout 3... Takedown :p

3 years ago

LOL i gave away a lot and barely won about 10 gifts this year, this was the worst ever to me.

3 years ago

It's AOK to give without having expectations! Most of us are here to take, very few are here to give. And there's nothing 'worst' in that! Hope you win twice as many in 2021 :)

3 years ago

I'm stuff

3 years ago

Thank you for making our Lonely Quarantine Days so awesome alongside lon3r and others associated :)

3 years ago

I solved the puzzle, at the end I did everything according to the instructions, and now what?

3 years ago

Check the first GA page for more clues :)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.