Here. I don't know if it's region restricted or anything.

Anyhow, I didn't make this topic (just) to mention the deal...
I've been quite... reckless with the games I really want lately- bought DmC for just 50% off from the same site(yes, it's legit) and actually PRE-ORDERED(ouch) BioShock: Infinite. So I'm afraid I'm starting to lose my greedy touch of always buys stuff dirt cheap... :(
And, well, despite being against their little let's-cutting-off-Ranger-mode scheme, I definitely know I want the game...

So anyhow, I need your opinions: Is it worth it at this price?; Do you think it will go on (an equal or better) sale any time soon?; How was the story? Should I stop being lazy and actually create a puzzle instead of putting a hidden giveaway with an abnormally high entry requirement which probably would be significantly lower if it was a puzzle? How was the single player? Did it have better PC compatibility than the first one(which had awful, lol)? And... all those stuff...
All those questions are really important to my current mental well-being(no, they're not), so I'd appreciate if you helped me with them(sure, I will). :)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

well, i think is a good price

1 decade ago

Is the site good? Paypal?

1 decade ago

Yep... like I said I bought DmC: Devil May Cry from them a while back... did you even read my post? Guess I'll edit it to make it clearer. -.-
Anyway, yes, they accept Paypal.

1 decade ago

Bought Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2 and DmC from this site in the past. It's legit.

1 decade ago

Never heard of that site. Looks a bit fishy but I could be wrong.

But if it's legit then it's a good price.

1 decade ago

Purchased Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Limited Edition for £4.99 just now to give it a try. It says I will receive my steam key within 5 minutes.

1 decade ago

And there I got it. worked fine for me. Yes, thank you OP :)

1 decade ago

Just bought Metro: Last light and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. Got the keys and they worked fine! :D

Thanks OP!

1 decade ago

You're welcome. :3

1 decade ago

Tried it myself on Ghost Warrior 2. Got the key and it worked. :)
Can't afford Last Light right now but damn that's a sweet price, haha.

1 decade ago

I think it's worth it. I may be wrong, but I heard that developers are working on MP or co-op.

1 decade ago

Those... aren't selling points for me. :/
I'm interested only in the single player.

1 decade ago

Ah, okay. I just mentioned it, just in case. :)

1 decade ago

And SP sucks major cahones.

1 decade ago

Is it like in Metro 2033? (As in, no major changes?)

1 decade ago

Too bad it won't let me put in a US address.

1 decade ago

Odd... I remember I put in my (usual) Bulgarian address and it had no problem...
I'm afraid I can't help with that. :/

1 decade ago

Eh, the price will drop in the US by fall. Or I could eat ramen and grilled cheese next week and spend the full price. Lol.

1 decade ago

this game was 25$ just the other day.
the deal
i bought bioshock infinite preorder + xcom from him. maybe he still has some keys for metro. check him out.
his profile
hope this helps

1 decade ago

Oh, that sounds like a nice deal. Though I honestly have no idea how those... private sellers(Is that how we should call them? ^_^ ) operate. Also that offer is from two weeks ago and they haven't posted about it in Hookups anymore so it's likely over. :/

1 decade ago

I bought my copy from this guy, reputable seller. That Hookups group is great, I got Bioshock Infinite for half its release price when it had just come out, from their other private seller. Really handy and helpful group :)

1 decade ago

Good price for good game.

1 decade ago

So... are more people gonna answer my questions? ^_^'

1 decade ago

Well i managed to play the game on my brother's account, and i was surprised at how EASY the game is, even in hardcore Ranger mode: Yes you may die out of 3 shots (and they will too), but for starters it's really hard to get into a tight situation in the first place, with some exceptions, since the stealth system is pretty much what Splinter Cell was in the early years (take light source out, and you could walk in front of the enemy without him noticing you). Biggest "difficulty" in the game at that setting, is something a lot of gamers are already used to: loot everything, ammunition is scarse, so are filters (then again, due to what i mentioned earlier, i saw myself killing around 80% of the enemies with the knife, so that leaves the air filters for the outdoor parts).

That said, i did enjoy the story, as it gives the whole "dark ones" an interesting closure, though i'm not too sure if the game is worth to be replayed, sadly it has the same "pattern", storytelling wise as in 2033, which is not something exactly bad, but looking at it from a reader perspective instead of a gamer one, it may end up a bit disappointing to see a few similarities.

As a conclusion, i'd personally wait it out a bit more, the game is good, and while it presents itself as a true challenge, to me it was not too different from a cheap stealth mechanic that can be exploited, but the biggest thing is the lack of replayability. I guess you could try going all out on a difficulty such as Ranger mode Hardcore, but that IS suicide after all. The story is rather good, but the base of it is.....weak to me (as in it's incredibly easy to point how everything will turn out, the author is quite predictable in that sense).

I hope this was helpful.

1 decade ago

Thank you for the feedback! :D
And I guess I'll wait a bit more then. From a story point of view I know absolutely everything from Metro 2033 and if it repeats I can already clearly see what's gonna happen(or at least have a good idea of what will happen). I don't know how Deep Silver's pricing and discounts strategy usually is but it can't take that long for the game to go 75% off... :)

1 decade ago

Hey I've used simply games before and never had any problems. For physical discs as well. Cannot justify buying last light atm though. too many in the backlog

Answers to your questions:
1.yes 2.likely 3.No 4.Single player only and it's meant to be fantastic 5. I believe it runs well on PC but can put even high spec rigs through their paces

That's all your questions =]

1 decade ago

Thank you. :)

1 decade ago

it's a good game, I dont know about price

1 decade ago

I bought Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 not bad deal, thanks for letting know about this site.

1 decade ago

Can We buy From the US or Canada?

1 decade ago

I don't know. You could try and tell me if it worked. ;)

1 decade ago

No you! xD

1 decade ago

But I live in Europe. :P

1 decade ago

Bought Sniper, Metro can wait.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

Ah, sorry to hear that. Can't always be a step ahead I guess. :/
At least you know you definitely wanted it. ^_^

1 decade ago

Just bought Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 via PayPal, got the key after a minute or 2. Even though it looks shady as f* it's legit.

1 decade ago

Won't get it because Deep Silver don't wanted me to buy on pre-order (due the shit bonus), then I'll buy on 75% (yes I can wait)

1 decade ago

I probably wont pick up last light right now but thanks for the site regardless they have some pretty good deals.

1 decade ago

Just finished it tonight. Definitely worth it at that price. It's 2033 made even better. Great varied campaign, they nailed the immersive atmosphere, there's tons of hidden details and secrets to find, places to explore, and some of the conversations you overhear... well, just get it already! Well worth it.

1 decade ago

Got it too, haven't had much time to play it....can't wait to complete it now :D

1 decade ago

Really the only problem is the stealth is really easy and dumbed down, you can stand practically in front of a guy in a sliver of shadow and not be seen...

1 decade ago

Let's see... this is the moment where I criticize a lot of people for not reading the entire description and/or not figuring out that there is a hidden giveaway in it's source code hinted by the outlandishly out of place puzzle-related question. Oh well, better luck next time. :D

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Zlia.