Update 26th July

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 1200 unique giveaway reservations. Most of them (about 800) were reserved in the first hour of reservations.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had seven successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 9th of July 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me and the mods to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not guaranteed an entry, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites until tomorrow)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

This time around I created Steam group calendar events but the general idea is as follows:

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up a forum topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration a week.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase I] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve one giveaway you plan to make. This phase lasts for 72 hours.
  • [Reservation phase II] You are now allowed to reserve as many giveaways as you want.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at the specified time. This phase probably overlaps with previous two.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 1711 unique giveaways (average of 24 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 24 wins per member). Everyone who entered at least one giveaway won something, but still the unluckiest eight got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "consolation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Almost everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go even better.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

No more applications after this point

After a difficult ride through applications we have reached 60 members and have a list of 20 candidates for the last 5 spots till we reach 65 members. So if you haven't been invited yet just think you might be voted by our members.

8 years ago

Oh, so we're not going up to 70 this time obviously.

8 years ago

How long is the voting process out of interest?

EDIT: Nevermind, just seen the title states no spots left, my bad!

8 years ago

Page 3 bump D:

8 years ago

News So far

Our members have concluded via voting that our last 5 members of the group shall be:

• Gonah
  • TheZooZ
  • kOROMOShYdOpOlOuS
  • Nightshifty
  • fishworm

They have all been invited, so we have now reached the goal of 65 members for this event. This time around we got 21/65 being newcomers. I wish them become regulars ;)

8 years ago

No spots left? Pah u__u

8 years ago

Nooooo, I was waiting for your application the whole time!!!
;___;

8 years ago

Where were you the whole time? ;_;.

8 years ago

you screwed up :<

8 years ago

Sorry, Geo... A bunch of us were hoping you'd apply, but spots disappear like homemade cookies. Gotta be quick off the mark. P

8 years ago

Looks like we might reach 1000 game titles reserved in the first 24 hours. I don't know if we're going to break the "quantity" record, but it seems people are stepping up their game with the "quality" of the giveaways. Lots of titles I've never heard of but need to add to my wishlist.

8 years ago

10:48 - madness: nearly 1200 GA's
That's 90 minutes ago

8 years ago

Madness doesn't seem to be counting properly. Titles reserved are something separate from giveaways created.

996 titles listed on the spreadsheet as reserved
plus 6 titles reserved since the spreadsheet was updated
equals 1002 titles (unconfirmed) reserved in (almost exactly) 19 hours.

8 years ago*

News So far

We have reached 1246 unique giveaways having the fastest growth so far with 800 of them in just an hour and 1150 in the first 24h.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

maybe next time, until then work on your reading skills, as even the topic name itselfs states there are no spots left for current event (because event is already running for two weeks and ending in 2.5 week).

7 years ago

News So far

We have reached 1615 unique giveaways and still 10 days to go. Not bad!

7 years ago

less than 100 until last record, and we are 5 people short this time!

7 years ago

add me

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

May i join?

7 years ago

Maybe read the thread first :3

7 years ago

Huh... I suck at catching these. ^^ Good to see some old names still around :3

7 years ago

Altough it says no spots left, the cap is 70 and there are 3 days till deadline for the 10th of july event.

Is it possible to still participate?

7 years ago

I think you might want to re-read the part about the group's timeline.

7 years ago

my bad, thanks for refering me to that section.

7 years ago

no prob at all ;) I may not know you but based on your profile you look like a very decent fellow and you'd prolly get to the event in either main or voting stage, but like eeev pointed - rules are rules. Especially in the event like this - having well over a thousand of GAs etc takes a lot of work on grup management part thus we really have to stick to rules a lot to make all the work as easy on staff as possible. So just a hint for you - next event will be associated with Winter Sale, and unlike Summer Sale it's date is pretty much fixed, so you may be pretty sure new recruitment will happen in November, prolly ~early-mid Nov, so just remember it and look at group recruitment around this time and you will have a good chance of earning a spot ;)

7 years ago

We just broke our previous record once again, and this time did so even despite having 5 less members ;) Just saying ;)

7 years ago

If I'm counting right, we have 1761 different games being given away. That's a new record, and as Zelgh already pointed out, it's with 65 members. That's an average of 27+ titles per member.

7 years ago

Summer event is officially over

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

The list of games that were given away covers most of the top wishlisted games.

For anyone interested, we'll be back on Steam Winter Sales but will be recruiting in a new topic in late November.

7 years ago

i'll join for sure if you change the rule next time - Only GintheMayo is allowed to enter giveaways
i am sure more people will join as well - so you will need to increase max user number to 20,000

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.