To participate in the free-to-play event, you must install the Battle.net app on your PC.
I saw this news on GG.deals' freebie page.

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going back to Wow, or trying it for the first time

View Results
I'll dive back in. The timing's perfect because I've just rebuild my post-WoW life.
I never left and dread the influx of Newbs.
I never left and will revel as Newbs fall before me like wheat.
I'll be trying it for the first time.
Not a WoW event, so much as a YaWN event.
Can I play as a potato?

I'm not gonna try it but I'm sure it's a good game.

1 year ago

Not for me, thanks. I played for a few months, got burnt out and bored of the formula, then left.

My vote^

1 year ago

One month for me. The point when I lost interest was when I noticed the same cave copy-pasted into two zones right next to each other. I mean c'mon, at least space them out a little if you're going to recycle them like that.

1 year ago

Loved Warcraft.

And Warcraft 2.

Warcraft 3 was okay.

I've never played WoW.

Seems like a good time to start. Except I'm not going to.

Now if they were to release a finished Warcraft Adventures...

1 year ago

Hello me

1 year ago

There was a leaked build of Warcraft Adventures a few years ago, dunno where to find it now though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_Adventures:_Lord_of_the_Clans#Leaks_and_reaction

A complete, playable Warcraft Adventures, including its cutscenes, was leaked online by a Russian Blizzard fan with the screen name "reidor" on September 9, 2016. Reidor told PC Gamer US that he had been sent the files by an unnamed third party. Soon after, the version shown in MAN-Biker's videos was leaked as well.[7] Chris Higgins of PCGamesN speculated that these copies of the game derived from employees at Animation Magic's Russian office.[55] Blizzard responded with takedown notices to reidor and peer-to-peer file sharing websites that hosted the game, but Wes Fenlon remarked, "By then, of course, it was too late."[7]

1 year ago

It's the exactly same for me.

1 year ago

Putting Warcraft 1 on a similar level to 2? That's a pretty rare opinion! Most people I know who have played the whole series tend to have pretty low opinions of WC1 (well, me included :P Just can't get used to the limited unit selection (as in number of units you can select) and the constant road construction, and I played this back in the days!).

1 year ago

Part of it is nostalgia. Trying to install it from a ridiculous number of 1.44MB floppies from a PKZip file from a friend who had pirated it, reading through the manual with all its illustrations and backstory, the Blizzard pad of paper that I ruined years later spilling a Star Wars Pepsi on it (I think the paper was 1... may have been 2), just talking about catapults and two-headed ogres with friends at school, IPX connections over the phone line including modem sounds, watching all the cutscene videos outside of the game and marveling at the power of 3DStudio before it was Max.

2 is certainly better and more polished all around, but 1 was a lot of fun before 2 existed.

1 year ago

Do you recall the bonus campaign in 3? I played that at least a half a dozen times across the years. So addictive. Rexxar will always be iconic imho.

1 year ago

Played WoW for a long time. This just seems like a desperate move to hook new people before an expansion so no thanks. Product quality is way lower than some older expansions and focus has obviously shifted and many great and talented people have left the company since and haven't been replaced adequately as can be seen by the game state.

1 year ago

Ain't coming back after Wrath.

1 year ago

Wouldn't touch this time-vampire with a 10-foot pole.

1 year ago

The main issue with World of Warcraft is it abandoned the story for power creep. Then once power creep got too much; they decided to literally make almost every stat worthless {Level Squish from level 120 Cap to 60}. Then as if to throw oil on the fire of their eventual demise; retconned their own story using the Golden Time Dragons and made almost everything so inconsistent that half of the game is now zoned by the phase of what quest you're on. They ruined World of Warcraft for me after Mists of Pandaria; which was the last time they didn't let power creep make the story go poot.

1 year ago

Played WoW for years, just not interested in it anymore. New expansion looks kinda barebones as well.

Blizzard managed to make the game feel both stuck in the past and devoid of its original charm, or maybe I'm just an old player tired of an old game. In any case at this point there's at least 2 or 3 MMOs I'd rather play over WoW whenever I get the MMO itch.

It definitely seems this time around they're going full blast on marketing though - Twitch drops, sponsored streamers, free weekends, etc. After a lot of players left last year they must be really looking forward to reel some people back in. I'm kinda curious to know how the expansion is doing sales-wise though - in the past they would've already announced the preorder numbers

1 year ago

I can only think of one song for those who are going to take advantage of this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFnCzUxLU8

1 year ago

that's bad. steam version incoming(?)

1 year ago

It isn't suprising that mainly only people comment here that are salty about the game.
Free 3 day periods have been numerous times over the years, especially before a new expansion.
This means that this is not a desperate move from there side or a sign that a steam version is coming.
WoW is bleeding customers for a long time now.

I have been on and off the game quite a lot since release. I didn't have an active subscribtion for quite some time now and even didn't pay "real" money for it in maybe the last 10 years. But visited for 30 days gametime here and there, all through converting ingame gold which had gotten more and more "expensive" over the last years. Last time I logged in was about a year ago, because of the 17th anniversary (achievement) and I'm going to use this free weekend to grab this years 18th anniversary achievement and maybe look into converting the rest of my gold into store credit if the convertion rate is worth it at this time.

But I wouldn't know what todo with the store credit at the moment anyway. None of the other Blizzstore games are interesting for me at the moment.

1 year ago

The biggest reason for me not to play, is the subscription model. I just don't like the sense of "must play" while the subscription is live, and the sense of urgency to need to subscribe again to get the "privilege" to play the game, despite me already having an account and savedata.

I mean the salty people is to be expected as this is aimed for players looking to try out WoW at least once, or for active players to convince their friends to give it a try. Even the ones who have never played could be enticed to try it. Not my case ofcourse.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.