Hey. I am kinda in need to get new laptop in near future. I can go up to like 2k euros but would prefer something around 1.5 which is why I have found this Asus ROG Strix SCAR 15 G532 laptop that has kinda nice specs and is in my price range.
Any users here with this model? Is it good? How about battery life in normal daily use (not gaming)?

Or maybe any other suggestions? Only problem with this that I should be able to buy in shop in my country (like this one(no eng version but search works fine)). Other things i would like is:
6+ cores (physical), 9th or 10th gen cpu
graphics 6+ GB geforce
16gb ram

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm not an expert but you might want to check this site out

3 years ago

i have checked a lot already, mostly problems is that the most laptops are not available in my country :( and ordering online is not an option (too much bureaucracy on border, warranty problems etc.

3 years ago

Well you can at least checkout the best GPU and CPU on laptops on that site and if you've find a laptop in your country with those specs and is in within your budget you might want to get that laptop. Currently the best CPU for laptop is AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and together with a RTX GPU is the laptop you might want to find.

3 years ago*

that is the plan but i wanted to find someone with this laptop and ask how it is :)

3 years ago

Why would anyone waste 2k on laptop boggles my mind :)

3 years ago

alternatives if i want to play something as well but i'm moving around as well? and on move i require some more computing power than just simple office work?

3 years ago

I bought this laptop here (MSI GL75 9SD-272) a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it.

It has an i7 9750H with 12 cores @ 2.6 GHz, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 1660 Ti, a 512 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD and was ~1200€. MSI ran a promotion which granted me 30€ in Steam wallet upon writing a review (actually they sent 60€, praise them), they gave me Monster Hunter World with Iceborne in another promotion and Intel is running another promotion which will give me Jedi Fallen Order, so all in all it feels like an amazing purchase. Battery life in daily use is actually surprisingly awesome. It lasts a couple hours when I just surf the web with it. I recommend it.

3 years ago

i liked this before but for some reason this model GL75 in every modification kinda disappeared from stores in my country like few weeks ago :D

3 years ago

The store where I bought it also lists it as sold out atm. Weird. They list two other models tho, the 10SER-Leopard and the 10SFR-Leopard. Although I do not recommend buying from them (not sure if you could do it, as far as I remember you're from Poland, right? So we're neighbours, it's a German shop), their communication is very very bad.

3 years ago

i am from Latvia

3 years ago

Just googled it. It has 6 cores and not 12. An AMD Renior CPU comes with 8 cores and is a lot more power efficient with systems getting upto 10+ hours on 14inch versions.

3 years ago

You're right, it has 6 cores and 12 threads. "A lot more power efficient" is often not really distinguishable for an average user is what I have come to recognize. Mine serves me well, I'm enjoying it.

3 years ago*

power efficiency in laptops directly impacts how loud and hot they run as well as the battery life.
Could be the difference between 2 hours and 5 hours of battery life

3 years ago*

Sorry, what Intel promotion was that?
Only for Latvia perhaps?

3 years ago

No, I'm not from Latvia. As far as I understood it it's a worldwide promotion. Here's the link:

https://softwareoffer.intel.com/Campaign/LearnMore/FEE294AD-12AB-4A9C-B7CE-00609DDF6B2F

Your retailer has to participate though.

For those who care: it also includes 1 month free access to Origin Access Basic, a game called "The Cycle" and "TOTAL WAR: THREE KINGDOMS"

3 years ago

My bad, I read about ozo2003 being Latvian and mixed with you, German.
Sorry for that.

The truth is that I bought a laptop quite similar to yours on 24 March (yes, the day the promotion started).
I think the date will be ok but I'm not completely sure till I carefully check the real invoice.

I hope the shop I bought it participates; they are one of the biggest retailers in Spain...

3 years ago

Hah, I wish you good luck with this then :)

3 years ago

I bought three different models of Asus gaming laptops last year and they all had bad speakers. By bad I mean they crackled right out of the box. I ended up going with Alienware and have been happy. Dell has sales fairly often if you want to save a bit.

3 years ago

I just bought a Asus G14 with Ryzen 4800h 2 days ago. AMD is way better than Intel in laptops with the latest models from both sides.
It has 8 cores - 16 threads. 16GB RAM. Comes in variations of 1650ti to 2070Ti I think.
My version has 1650Ti and about 10 hours of battery life. Its lightweight as well and has a 120Hz display @ 1080P.
Price was about US$1600.

Overall its an excellent product and I am loving the feel of it. See if it suits your purpose.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by ozo2003.