Are the AMD 3200G/3400G good enough for these games? Without any graphics card. Just the onboard video.

Valkyria Chronicles 4, XCOM 2, Mutant Year Zero, Company of Heroes 2, Fallout 4.

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

From what it shows 3400G on 1920x1080 low graphic settings it can be 30-60 FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTSXDeIVro

4 years ago

Damn didn't think an APU would be able to handle GTA 5 so well

And really didn't expect it to handle Rage 2 at like +- 40 fps, wow

4 years ago*

Wait until codename Renoir drops. If the leaks are any indication they'll have double the grunt of the current APU lineup. And then there's Intel's upcoming Gen11 and Xe graphics. Even with the new console generation it looks like APUs are finally going to be the viable low-end gaming parts of choice.

4 years ago

I mean, that's always the deal with tech. "This is good, but wait until next year, since next year it'll be better". :D

4 years ago

What I mean is that even a couple years ago you'd never rely on integrated graphics for current-gen gaming, and would be relegated basically to retro. If you wanted to game on a budget you still needed a budget video card.

Now when you get an APU you can actually viably play the latest and greatest, albeit with compromised settings but still. No card required.

4 years ago

Oh for sure, I agree. iGPUs have taken huge leaps forward once again. I'm happy gaming's become cheaper once again. Just mentioned my point since there will always be something new in the horizon and there's no real reason to ever look that far ahead since you could get stuck in a loop of waiting for something new.

4 years ago

Search the web for videos of these games on the 2400G/2200G (for example this for Fallout 4). The 3400G/3200G will be probably about 10% faster. Also fast RAM really helps, so get something like 3200 speed. Not too costly these days.

4 years ago

Look up the 2400g benchmarks as they'll provide the baseline. Also RAM speed is important for APUs.

XCOM2 - TechEpiphany
Mutant Year Zero - TechEpiphany (on 2200g)
Fallout 4 - TechEpiphany

Didn't find anything in 2 minutes for COH2 or VC4.

Long story short you're gonna have to compromise on resolution and/or settings but the answer is... probably.

4 years ago

COH2 will be a definitely as its quite an old game at this point and Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 are more demanding than that game.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 I have no damn idea, the style makes it look like the game shouldn't be very resource heavy, but you never know.

4 years ago

According to Valkyria Chronicles 4's specified requirements, minimum Radeon HD 6850 or GeForce 650 Ti. So it should just scrape by.

4 years ago

Its a turned based strategy game right? So even if he gets lag in the game it will still be playable, not amazing to watch but it won't hinder the gameplay at least XD

4 years ago

XCOM 2 is unplayable for me, sadly. I have a GTX 1060 (6GB), Ryzen 5 1400 and 16GB of RAM, yet the game still runs at 15fps. It starts off at a perfect 60 in the hub, 50-60 in levels, but then it falls to 10-15fps in levels and 25-35 in the hub. Haven't found a solution either.

4 years ago

Taking an alternate approach. COH2 indeed runs well even on a GPD Win 2 which is easily smoked by the 3400g.

4 years ago

But can it run crysis?

4 years ago

Yes

4 years ago

but it says it is Ryzen 5 2400G?

4 years ago

If it runs on the 2400g, it runs on the 3400g. The latter is just the generational bump up.

4 years ago

ah okay then

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.