Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition -90%

:p

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Thimbleweed Park -60% 7,99€
Thimbleweed Park - Ransome Unbeeped - -51% 0,39€

5 years ago

Actually this sale is quite good. Better than the winter sales at least.

5 years ago

I've got a question:

I need to spend about $10 more to get the 5$ discount, and I'm thinking about trying out a FarCry game. This would be my first, so I'm wondering which one is the must play.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Thanks, I'll probably grab 3's Deluxe Edition.

5 years ago

Far Cry 3 is the first one that really got me hooked. I've played through to the end twice, and tried to explore every single square inch of the map. It's a great game.

5 years ago

As others noted, you're probably safe to skip the first two games. I always had the impression- both off its marketing and my time spent playing it- that the first game was intended more as a tech demo than anything else, for the sake of establishing the concepts used in the later games. Also, while advanced in their graphics for their time- enough that they aren't outright ugly to modern conceptions- the first two games still haven't aged all that well, with grainy and blocky graphics and limited colors, muddy textures, and weak lighting.

I don't think the narrative and gameplay are enough to carry them (like, say, with the even less visually appealing Half-Life), but this seems like a good low-spoiler video to help you make up your own mind on the first game.

It's also worth noting that both 3 and 4 have co-op, while the other games in the series do not.

If you're going for flavor, Blood Dragon and Primal are the best options, since their themes are not only distinct among FarCry's usual "jungle mercenary" theme, but among other FPS games as well. Blood Dragon has been both free and bundled, so it may be possible to get a Uplay key for that without too much expense.

Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon and the original game have much better reviews than the other games, with Far Cry 4 and Primal trailing behind, with Far Cry 2 coming in a bit after. Far Cry 5 has the worst reviews of the series.

In summary, Far Cry 3 is probably the best option, gauging off things like review rating, amount of gameplay options, complexity of level design, graphic quality, narrative depth, and the cost-benefit relative to current pricing. Blood Dragon is directly comparable, if co-op isn't a factor for your considerations.

That said, I'm personally itchin' for Primal. It's just too cool of a concept to pass up. ^.^

tl;dr version: 3 should be good. ^.^

5 years ago*

Great breakdown, thanks for the suggestions.

5 years ago

Even though alot of people above dislike Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed it. However it isn't for everyone. The game has a minimalist HUD, the weapons are excellent and the resources are scarce. The game is also alot harder than the later games, which have been dumbed down.

Lets take Far Cry 4 for example, you mark an outpost at your map and you just ride to it. In Far Cry 2 you only have a paper map, which you can only look at in real time and you really have to plan out your route, thinking which areas to avoid etc.

The game also doesn't have any real overpowered weapons which is the case in later games in the series (I'm looking at you sniper rifles). The weapons take skill to use.

I've to say that the game doesn't have the best soundtrack or the best story but in my opinion this didn't really matter to me.

At a 60% discount I do recommend far cry 2, but perhaps it would be better to pick it up at a 75%.

But then again this is just my opinion I really enjoyed it and it didn't feel like Far Cry 3,4 & 5 (which feel all the same to me, including primal).

5 years ago

3 was my favorite

5 years ago

Got it along with Witcher 3, I should be in for some fun :D

5 years ago

Thx, bought some games.

5 years ago

Got myself Divinity OS 1, Pillars of Eternity Definitive, Sword of the Stars and Nexus Jupiter incident, it came at a very nice price considering the 100RUB discount that was added to first purchase.

5 years ago

Bought AC Origins Gold, but it's 29.69€ so I had to buy something for cheap to get the 5€ off.....ended up getting Bad Rats Show for 0.39€ xD

5 years ago

it's weird. I took my total to 30 but tax made it 35 so I was back to 30. I took a few items off and made it 25, tax took it back to 30 so the 5 off took at back to 25. so I basically didn't pay the tax.

5 years ago

Devolver Lunar New Year Bundle ($68.15 / 44% off)

Contains: GRIS, Minit, RUINER, SCUM, The Messenger, The Red Strings Club, and The Swords of Ditto

This package uses "COMPLETE YOUR COLLECTION" pricing so if you own any of the games the price will be adjusted. I already own Minit and RUINER and they are charging ($55.57 / 40% off) for the remaining games.

5 years ago

ooh I really wish you hadn't pointed this out. All games on wishlist, well except ruiner which I have

5 years ago

I'm not happy. I wanted to get neverwinter nights EE in winter sale (70% off), but was broke. I got a little bit of money now, but it's only 65% off. (and therefore just beyond my reach!)

5 years ago

Well the gold profile is cool. Thanks Valve for letting me have it for a whole week.

5 years ago

Yay for the whole week and not only for the weekend...

5 years ago

And for the small investment of round about 100€ you can keep it for a whole year!

5 years ago

Not even that. It's only for an extra month.

5 years ago

Wtf.... you're right. I can't help but wonder, if Steam is testing the waters for paid Profile enhancements. Never before was Steam this blatantly asking for money to increase your e-schlong with a fancy profile.

5 years ago

Any longer than a week, and it would go to your head.
You'd become completely unmanageable. :3

5 years ago

Fear Effect Sedna - 90% Lowest Price

5 years ago

Wow that is cheap! :-o

5 years ago

Is it possible to buy $30+ worth of games to get the $5 discount then refund the games you didn't want? :P

5 years ago

i also have same question :D

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

thats not how its supposed to work

5 years ago

Here is why we can't have nice things.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

If I were Steam, I'd apply the refund to the coupon first, then refund the payment on any amount above $5.

5 years ago

+1 im not going to test this

5 years ago

It is possible (at least in some countries) to make a generous 'gift' to a 'friend', get thousands of tokens and use them. Then your 'friend' declines the gift and you get your money back. People have been using this bug, and some accounts have already been banned by Steam

5 years ago

Apparently, you get to keep a share of the $5 discount. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/an4krq/steam_2019_lunar_new_year_sale_megathread/eg0bfb8

5 years ago

Yeah this happened to me, I ended up buying like three games to break the 30$ threshold to get the 5$ off and well one of the games for some reason didn't work on my system it just kept freezing in like 5-10 seconds (was odd that it was defaulted to like a really low resolution, and couldn't change it, since it would freeze before I had the option) and the only way to exit it was through the task manager.

Anyways the game in question was like over 10$, but when I refunded it I only got like 9 and some change back and after looking at the previous transaction thing it shows that all three games had some of the 5$ taking off - I also noticed that they retroactive took away the coins that I had (I haven't spend any of the coins yet).

I wasn't sure myself how the refund would work if you just refunded one of the games that you bought when taking the 5$ off, but at least now it seem they probably designed it that way so if you wanted to refund you would get your money back, but not more money then what you really paid for - otherwise it could easily be exploited.

5 years ago

yes, that works

5 years ago

If you haven't yet, then please buy the game Legend of Hand! It deserves all your attention! It's a masterpiece in an extremely low price. I just finished it and I'm in awe! I bought the entire Cloak and Dagger Games Collection and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! :D Now, I just need to find something else that good to buy!

5 years ago

It looks interesting, thank you ^^

5 years ago

You are very welcome. I really love their work! They are going to release another game too, probably this year, called Sumatra: Fate of Yandi! I hope they get enough money to keep the games coming!

5 years ago

5 years ago

if i spend $30 to get the $5 discount, how many tokens do i get ? Is it enough for another discount ?

5 years ago

You need to spend around $100 to get another discount (ontop of the initial tokens).
So... no.

5 years ago

vore me papi gabe owo

5 years ago

How many gems are the backgrounds and emoticons worth?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Wow, 1k for bgs? Damn, that's a lot. Sould have spent my tokens on it, not that profile thingy, ugh.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Np. So you can't turn it into gem, well, that sucks.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Did they change that just recently? I could swear that a few days back it was possible to turn them into gems. lol
Or just a typical case of my general confusedness.

5 years ago

It hasn't been possible since day one to turn them into gems.

5 years ago

Ok, thanks for letting me know, Tzaar. ;)
I really need to increase my sleep times. XD

5 years ago

You and me both, brother. :3

5 years ago

:D
Well, seems like I'm not alone with my problem. But you obviously manage to carry it off better than me, bro. ;)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hey, i have a question, if i make 1 purchase for my friend as a gift, and then i will make another order for myself, will i still have the progress for the discount?

5 years ago

It has to be all in the same transaction.

5 years ago

Bad for me then :/, thanks for the answer!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

ouch, sorry.

5 years ago

Seeing Dark Souls Remastered at 75% off due to the loyalty discount from owning the old version stacking with the current sale. Not sure if that was intentional but I may have to pull the trigger.

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

thinking of re.....playing it soon, any mods reccomened?

never finished it before.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I gave in and bought it. Just for the 60 FPS, it still feels choppy af on a 144hz display tho.

It's intentional btw.

5 years ago

Bought Neverwinter Nights + DLC, Tooth and Tail, Railroad Tycoon 2, Arcanum, and DLC for Tyranny.

Note: total was under $25. I also bought another game which I subsequently refunded, so I could get the discount

5 years ago

Is the sale over? I still have the same game discounts but no tokens and the 5€ voucher is gone, too.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I received an e-mail from Steam two days ago which stated the lunar sale is active until Feb. 12, 7PM CET, hence my confusion.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Yep, game discounts now gone. Alas, there is always a next sale ;)

5 years ago

I forgot to turn my tokens into the badge or emoticons, guessing there's no way to do that now?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

I do try and get sale badges etc when I can but yeah not something I'll lose sleep over

5 years ago*

The emoticons are nice.

5 years ago

The rewards page is still up; maybe you can still redeem your tokens:
https://store.steampowered.com/lny2019/rewards

5 years ago

Still worked for me, thx

5 years ago

I was thinking that it made more sense to allow users to redeem tokens for at least a day after the sale, guess I was right.
Thanks for providing the link and info, works fine :)

5 years ago

Good that you say it, with a gift purchase I just got enough coins to get the third background too :D (yay for hoarding)

5 years ago

It would be great if you could gift tokens. I still have about 2.2k tokens and can't use them. :/

5 years ago

Relax, i got 4k tokens and forgot to use it

5 years ago

I also forgot to redeem my tokens, but it's still possible to use them. I just got the badge and all emoticons. Just go to the rewards page posted above.

5 years ago

Not working for me: Unable to retrieve reward items.

Edit: Never mind. I was logged off the moment I landed on the page. Hence the error. Working now.

5 years ago

Thanks still work
I thought i lose it
Because in 14 February i can reedem it in rewards both, I don’t know why still can now even it stated rewards booths only till 13 February

5 years ago

It's not the worst thin in the world. :) But these 2.2k aren't enough to buy anything for it.

5 years ago

Thank you.

5 years ago

Thanx for the link, couldn`t find it myself.

5 years ago

Thanks ! I was sure I lost them but it still works.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.