Update: Beat A Story About My Uncle. Giveaway Added!

A week ago I made a thread asking for some game suggestions. I got over 80 suggested games overall! As a thank you, I thought it would be fun to make a giveaway for each suggested game that I beat. I'll leave this thread open and continue to update it with a new ga's each time I beat a game that was mentioned in that thread. Nothing fancy, mostly bundled stuff.

(I'm not playing these games in any particular order, I just decided to write how many recommendations it got for the fun of it, and also add the names of the people who recommended those games)

Played so far:

• Faeria (1 Rec) -Thank you, LoraL! Gib

• Armello (6 Recs) -Thank you; Sooth, sheepblack69, Alamar, Saucisse, Loket, and Wolfedood! Gib

• Knights of Pen & Paper (7 Recs) -Thank you; Adelion, malabagaa, ChibiCthulhu, brunopaivat, Thirteen13,
    Oppenh4imer, and Loket! Gib

• Half Life 2 (9 Recs) -Thank you; C73k, kalimha, Synchrocity, AllTracTurbo, Kajo86, Wolfborn8, Calibr3, Myrsan, and andrzejl! Gib

• A Story About My Uncle (3 Recs) -Thank you, AllTracTurbo, popocho, and Kajo86! Gib

Thank you guys! I really enjoyed all the games so far!
If anyone wants their name removed then let me know
Also sorry if the date format looks weird. That's just how it's written in the US

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Have you played any good games this year?

View Results
I've played mostly good games this year :)
I've played mostly bad games this year :(
It's been half and half :/
I haven't played any games this year :O

Thanks and Bump! ^^

6 years ago

Thank you very much !

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago

bump and thanks

6 years ago

Knights of Pen & Paper was really good I was addicted for like 3 days straight. I like pixelated games.

6 years ago

Same here! I played it for two or three days straight and beat it. I love pixelated games and I also enjoy turn based and old school rpgs. It was a perfect match for me :)

6 years ago

omg, I love the old school rgps too, feels like I beat all the rpg games on ps1 when I was a kid, and those 8bit sounds are so nostalgic, makes me feel young and old at the same time.

6 years ago

Sounds cool. Thanks for the giveaways!

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Bump~~

6 years ago

Thank you and bump :)

6 years ago

Bumps and thanks :3

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

BUMP

6 years ago

Bump :)

View attached image.
6 years ago

Armello's a decent game, enchanting even. I need to get back into it again.

Yay games!

6 years ago

I agree! If you ever need someone to play with, I'm looking for people to play it casually with me. Online multiplayer is much to tough for me atm lol

6 years ago

I sent a friend request on Steam, just in case.

I didn't get into Armello multiplayer until I won with each character in single player at least once.

6 years ago

How did you like each game? I'm kind of curious about Armello.

6 years ago

Faeria is a fun little card game. I only play card games casually so I'm not sure how well the leveling up is or how well it plays without paying for microtransactions. If you are just playing casually it's a lot of fun though, both multiplayer and single-player options are fun and fair. The objective of the game is to build the board in front of your player and make a path to the other player. Then you can spawn your monster on the pieces of the board that you built, and not the pieces your opponent built. There are different elements that certain monsters can only be spawned on (water fire forest, etc), so you have to build those spaces as well. Once your monsters reach and attack the other player enough, they'll die and you win. I think it's fascinating that building the board strategically is the core of the game, instead of just card vs card.

Armello is really really enjoyable but it's a lot to learn if you don't play a lot of online board games. It's a mix of RNG and strategy. There are four different ways to win the game which adds variety, but most of the times people just win the kingslayer way or the prestige way. Basically the king is infected with rot and will slowly die every turn. The two most popular ways to win is to battle the king and win, becoming the new king of Armello. Or wait for the king to die on his own, and have enough prestige by the end of the game to be announced the new king. There is a lot to the game, but once you learn it it's a lot of fun! The gorgeous art is enough to keep you motivated! The single-player is pretty lackluster though and it's pretty much the same easy match over and over. There is online multiplayer, but everyone owns a DLC character, and I feel like those are just overall better then the average characters (I could be wrong, but it seems that way to me.)
So if you ever decide to pick up Armello, I definitely recommend it, but mostly with a friend.

Knights of Pen & Paper has an average story and average characters, but the fun part was the gameplay and the different classes and combinations to choose from. It's a nostalgic trip if you used to play old school turn based rpgs. I've heard its also great at making you feel like your playing D&D (although I've never really played.). There is a little bit of grinding but it's really not too bad, and you can switch out your characters for other characters and raise their levels up fairly easy.

Sorry for the paragraphs of writing :P thanks for asking!

6 years ago

Cool. Thanks!

6 years ago

Bump :D

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Happy cake day!