I saw the topic about Aliens: Colonial Marines for $2, and I thought to myself the far more important question was this:

Is London 2012 worth $2? I believe I gave a demo a try at one point, and can't remember anything worthwhile. Is the game any good? Does it offer anybody any amount of enjoyment of some sort? Am I going to have to spend my $2 to find out myself because nobody cared about the game in the first place?

Link: London 2012 on Amazon.com for $2

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

is this game a button masher? don't want to destroy my gamepad to win some stupid 100m run :D

1 decade ago

Yes, but only the A, the rest normal movements, at least what I tried

1 decade ago

It's a sort of button masher, but generally relies more on accurately timed mashing rather than pure speed - in the 100m for example, pressing either too fast or too slow results in losing speed. At first I was disappointed by that, but with a little practice it's still kinda fun and definitely healthier for gamepads. :) It also kills any advantage from turbo controllers.

So far I've only tried a few of the events - Archery works fairly well, though it's a bit too easy. The Triple Jump seems broken - you have to flick the analog stick to jump at as close to a 45 degree angle as possible, but due to the lack of any decent calibration options, it feels almost random. I haven't tried playing with the keyboard, but the fact that the game actually uses the A, B, X and Y keys for the same functions as the gamepad buttons, and doesn't offer an option to remap them, suggests it probably won't be good.

1 decade ago

It's not broken at all... After you get used to it is pretty easy to get a first place at the triple jump. The same thing goes for the other sports. All you need is some practice time. Unless your analog stick is already screwed...

1 decade ago

It's not in great condition, but I'm not sure I've ever used a controller which hasn't had some issues with the analog sticks. Unfortunately, while other controllers I used in the past typically had drivers with good ways of calibrating them and configuring deadzones, the 360 pad is severely lacking in those options, and given that game developers seem to expect players to own one of those instead of any other controller, they should take the time to add calibration options in-game when the default settings have the potential to cause problems.

1 decade ago

I always replace the standard analog stick and dpad. Last time I bought them on ebay. You can find parts with more resistance, that will last longer. They're also better, considering the quality of the original d-pad.

1 decade ago

There's always the Razer joystick... But I've never tried it. I only have their mouse.

1 decade ago

where is it $2?

1 decade ago

at amazon for $1.99

1 decade ago

thanks

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Aahahahha :D

1 decade ago

Well, it's still only 2$, this game costs as much as a sandwich or a drink at my school! xD

1 decade ago

Yes it does. The online mode is kinda dead but still is a lot of fun to play alone or with your friends. I bought it for $3 or $4 on nuuvem a while ago and I don't regret it.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

THE london olympics was not even worth $2. Don't even bother.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by halnco.