No, seriously...I have a lot of legit achievements, but my count was down to somewhere around 85K. I was fine with that, because my previously inflated number involved a lot of free cheevo spam stuff that I won around here. 😁ðŸĪĢ

But I looked at my profile today and saw this... 👀😁ðŸĪŠ

View attached image.
2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Anyone else notice that suddenly you have a much higher achievement and 100% count on your profile in Steam?

View Results
Yes
No
I play games for fun, not achievements. I'll leave worrying about those thing to the rest of you peasants.
I was too busy having an inappropriate relationship with a potato.

There are already discussions about the same thing happening over the past year or so, not sure if this is just the same thing?
Doesn't affect me due to not typically playing achievement spam games, so no sudden spike for me, pretty sure it's not changed at all.

2 years ago

Yes, something changed in this regard. Like ea play use to remove perfect games and achievements once subscription expires but now it stays on profile.

2 years ago

From what ive seen it goes up and down changing as you get more achievements. Dont know how it works at all.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

it happens regularly that these data are wrong, it's temporary and in one hour it's fixed... but it happens time to time

2 years ago

Yep, it's back now. Back to a measly 86,275 achievements, 238 perfect games, and a 73% avg. game completion rate. 😁

2 years ago

73 is good ツ i need a lot of work if i want 73% :p
but maybe one day ..

2 years ago

Uh wow, that's quite a difference. Thankfully I'm achievement hunting proper games and only lost 5 perfect games, but I would probably cry if I lost 7% completion rate in a day.

2 years ago

Well, this is where things had been for at least a year now, and then suddenly all of the numbers bumped back up for a while. I'm not upset because this is a more accurate assessment of my playing over the past 16 years on Steam. Those bigger numbers were super impressive, but they're based upon a lot of garbage cheevo spam that I'm fine with being gone.

Now, what I would like to have added to my stats are other games that I've legitimately completed that stay in "profile features limited" mode eternally. And I can tell you that would add about 60-75 more 100%ed games to my count, at the very least.

2 years ago

nice % rate. My perfect game count is similar to yours, but I only have a 52% achievement completion rate.
(It irks me that they call it Game Completion Rate).

2 years ago

(It irks me that they call it Game Completion Rate).

Same. There are lots of games you can complete without all the achievements and vice versa.
Also, lots of games with broken achievements and DLC-related achievements but let's not get into that just now.
Your count is impressive never the less.

2 years ago

Strange- why does the poll not allow you to vote for both the third and fourth options together?

View attached image.
2 years ago

Oh damn it! I thought I'd gotten rid of these idiotic trivia cheevo spammers and now they're back!
You, sir, are in the cheevo stratosphere.

2 years ago

Well, they're gone again now. I'm back to a more reasonable stat count again, and I'm mostly good with that (I'd like to have some profile features limited games count, but that's a whole 'nother conversation ;) ).

2 years ago

I know what you mean. Steam keeps changing in a lot of ways but the base features of the store haven't adapted.

2 years ago

Yeah I've had it over 4 times these past months, my numbers are not as insane as yours but gaining like 40k achievements is a sight to behold. Was mentioned it doesnt last long above but I've seen it be stuck that way for 2 days one time

2 years ago

It keeps fluctuating constantly, idk what Steam wants it to be. Personally I wish I could have my achievement data erased if I get rid of a game, especially one that's already been removed from the storefront.

2 years ago

I admit that I never check achievements.

2 years ago

And they are gone again :D

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.