January 2022 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ January 25h, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† February 1st 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Mafia: Definitive Edition (gift link notification)
(under investigation)

Rebel Cops (gift link notification)

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs

Notes:

1. Mafia: Definitive Edition (WW) includes Mafia: Definitive Edition Soundtrack DLC (1 key activates both)
  2. Iron Harvest includes Iron Harvest - Iron Harvest 1920+ DLC (1 key activates both)

โš ๏ธ Warning: Iron Harvest sub/588067/ was claimable for free in the past due to a glitch, but the package does not contain the 1920+ DLC, nor the full game content (only one of the three campaigns of the base game is available). Because of that, many of you will see it as owned, although you don't already own the actual package delivered in this bundle or the store sub (both of these having the same content).

๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-09-11: Mafia: Definitive Edition out of stock (source)

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Mafia: Definitive Edition 86% of 27337 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/1030840 W 0 $39.99
Iron Harvest 73% of 6374 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/826630 W 0 $19.99
Project Winter 86% of 12162 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/774861 W 1 $19.99
Rebel Cops 77% of 986 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/970960 W M L 0 $9.99
Rustler 82% of 582 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/844260 W 0 $24.99
The Henry Stickmin Collection 98% of 26003 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1089980 W M 0 $14.99
Farmer's Dynasty 78% of 2408 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/678900 W 0 $29.99
Between the Stars 81% of 1319 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/727130 W 1 $29.99
Retrowave 96% of 5628 - ๐Ÿ† 0.30 CV app/1239690 W 2 $1.99
Midnight Protocol 96% of 76 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1162700 W M L 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $206.90

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this bundle right up your alley, or are you hoping to find alternatives down the lane?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] I'm really happy seeing Mafia: Definitive Edition in this bundle.
[I like the depth] Honestly all 10 titles have something to them.
[Only with limited deal] At a promo price of $6 or even $2 I can't complain.
[Don't like genres] Some months, Humble seem to find all the good games I'd loathe to play.
[Too low value] This doesn't feel like a premium subscription offer โ€“ outside of Mafia it's almost the Otaku Bundle of Monthly/Choice.
[Too few hyped games] I don't see a stand-out game here. Boring!
[Poll complaint] I like the buy/pause/cancel poll style much more than being asked to rate the lineup.

the price levels up for certain to $11.99. Now lets see if the games level up also

2 years ago

Hmm, is there anything interesting in Humble "Originals" as I take that is what they will be offering as sub...

Probably these: https://www.humblegames.com/games/

2 years ago

Interesting parts from the FAQ:

Beginning February 1, weโ€™ll be offering just one plan that gets you ALL of the games weโ€™ve picked out for the month for only $11.99 USD (regional pricing may vary). No more limiting which games you want from the bunchโ€”every month, every game is yours to own forever.

--

If youโ€™re a current Humble Choice member on any plan, you donโ€™t need to do anything to get the improved Humble Choice. Youโ€™ll automatically be switched over to the new, single Choice membership in February when we reveal the monthโ€™s game lineup.

--

Classic members will still continue to be billed in USD only.

--

Monthly rate: 9.99 โ‚ฌ or 12 USD (depending on the currency of the bill).
Annual rate: 109 โ‚ฌ or 129 USD (ditto).

--

There will no longer be a hard set number of games provided each month.

--

Members receive a selection of hand-picked games redeemable via a key for select platforms, when available (Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.).

--

If you are on a Classic plan, this can only be billed in USD. On February 1st, if you are a Classic member, you will still continue to be billed in USD. You can use the link here [ https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/change-plan ] to adjust your membership to convert to a standard membership, which will take region pricing into account.

--

Classic, Premium, or Basic members that paid more than $11.99 (USD) a month for a multi-month plan will receive a prorated refund on the remaining credits on your account when the Choice update goes live on February 1, 2022.
Ex. If you are an annual Premium member that paid over $11.99 per month and has 5 months remaining in your membership when the update launches, you will receive a partial refund on those 5 credits for the price difference between your paid price and the new price. You will still retain the 5 credits to be used post-update!

2 years ago

Members receive a selection of hand-picked games redeemable via a key for select platforms, when available (Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.).

As opposed to machine picked?

2 years ago

There will no longer be a hard set number of games provided each month.

Well, if they don't decrease the number of games from 10-12 to 6-8 without leveling up the quality of the games, that's okay to me... But I doubt it. The quality of the past months was ridiculous and if that happens, I, as a Classic member, wouldn't feel my money valued and I'll just cancel it.

2 years ago

i hadn't seen that they said this themselves which is worrying because we will never know one month to the next how many games we get (or for what launcher) having said that it might be no worse than including a asset flip game worth or (costing anyway) 1.99 to bulk out the game number

2 years ago

So, If classic users are going to be billed in USD everyone else will be billed on their local coin?

2 years ago

Your region may not be supported for regional pricing. At this time, we only support USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, NZD, CNY, and RUB currencies. All other regions/currencies will be billed in USD.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139#classic_usd

2 years ago

"Leveling" up by decreasing a 18 euro price with quality of games that we saw in past does not sound that promising.

New 20% store discount just to keep u active on choice as always nice "business" before customer care ("Weโ€™ve been listening to the Humble community"). I'm curios about all these customers that had these types of concerns.

2 years ago

I understand that by canceling my Humble Classic plan, I will forever lose exclusive account status and pricing.

--> Done.

2 years ago*

For people paying in euros i guess the only way to do this is to cancel and resub? I saw people mentioning it around, but no word in the faq or something. Just a "follow this link to adjust your plan" which leads to the main sub page and nothing more. Staying paused to see how this goes, but if the feb bundle ends up interesting, i see pressing that cancel button which i avoided for so long before purchasing the bundle.

2 years ago

As I see it, lite plans get cancelled altogether, basic and premium plans get "upgraded", and classic plans are kept as they are.
Considering classic plan subscribers are still billed in US$, you'd want to cancel and resub anyway if paying in any other currency.

The difference is pretty negligible for most currencies, but surprisingly, it's much bigger in โ‚ฌ, as you'd end up paying around โ‚ฌ11/month after currency conversion fees (and be subjected to exchange rate whims), versus a flat โ‚ฌ10/month with the new plan.

The only real downside might be the loss of the permanent 20% store discount, which would reset to a -still decent- 10%.

2 years ago

hi Nico

2 years ago

Wait for February. I think the link does not work for now, but it should work later.

2 years ago

The FAQ says you will be able to change your plan.

2 years ago

I always was disappointed, that they never offered anything for Classic plan owners, but now this is really over the top, that Classic plan owners have to pay more than everyone else (in โ‚ฌ anyway). Every other change they are making don't make me feel otherwise too.

2 years ago

What do you think about this upgrade?
I'm not so sure about it.

What was the meaning of creating the choice if they're undoing it?. Basically they're renaming the old plans before choice while downgrading benefits they had supossingly paying less (we'll see if less is the opposite).

I think this is a way to get rid of classic plan users. Users will probably see an increase of the plan's price several month's later. After february you're into a new plan which seems to be better only in what you'll have to pay.

I'm not so sure if they should be allowed to do that to EU customers with EU laws.

When HB get pricey all ex-classic menbers will remember that something was wrong with this upgrade, they we're the ones with fixed price. Without discounts it was the best deal.

2 years ago

So, from what we know, there's nothing to lose by canceling Classic and resubbing with the new plan, apart from the store discount dropping from 20% to 10%?

Also, is this link supposed to work? https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/change-plan It redirects me to https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/home

2 years ago

What do you mean dropping from 20% to 10%?
"Big rewards
Get up to 20% off on Humble Store purchases. The longer you're a Choice member, the more you save."

2 years ago

I mean that as a Classic subscriber I get 20% off. If I canceled and resubscribed, I would be considered a new member and get the 10% discount until my membership gets "old enough" (one year, it seems). Not a big deal, my main point was whether there would be other downsides.

2 years ago

From what we know that's correct.
And the changes go live on Feb 1st.

2 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation. My yearly sub renews on the 22nd of February, so I guess I'm not in a hurry.

2 years ago

Theyโ€™ve also added the fact that humble will potentially give out gog, epic keys etc instead of just steam keys. Rumours says out of 8 games probably 3 keys on other platform.

2 years ago

True, but I don't think it has anything to do with cancelling and resubbing.

2 years ago

Sounds like numbers people pulled out of their ass.

2 years ago

Probably, been reading a few forums and there's a lot of theories. Even as a worst-case scenario that'll suck.

2 years ago

Yeah, my hope is it will be as now: mainly Steam keys with occasionally a GOG or Epic key as an option. Or something like Uplay when it's a platform exclusive AAA game.

2 years ago

They already did this, so I kind of expect this. Personally I'm fine with Epic keys too, but having a choice is always preferred.

2 years ago

Indeed, basically my hope is that nothing changes when it comes to what platform the keys are for. ๐Ÿ˜

2 years ago

I have subscribed de xbox gamepass for 3 months for 1 euro and im loving it, i think the money that i use to invest on humble choice will go to the gamepass, its just a better service. Humble is declining in quality and for for me is starting to diyng.

2 years ago

true this too without to talk about mw rewards+xbox quests if u can do\access it it's = $10โ‚ฌ coupon every 1 month that can use then for get deals\indie games on deals pc page.
also rustler have many dlcs separate expensive,mafia would not be hard to see it discounted in future,others i not like and is not good value for giveaways or tradetoo , next month we will see if thy put good quality games i hope

2 years ago

What I don't like with Game Pass is that games come and go. If you weren't done with a game before it gets pulled out or if you wanted to replay a certain game and it's not available anymore, you'll have to buy it anyway. Prices are pretty much the same on the Microsoft Store than on Steam, sometimes even a bit more expensive (for me, at least). And as far as I know, DLCs aren't included with Game Pass, only base games. plus, modding is kinda more tricky to do

That said, I was able to get a few months of Game Pass free thanks to a few promotions and I won't lie, I'm glad I tried it. I've played some games I was interested in, tested some I was unsure about... but I still wouldn't pay around $12 per month to stay subbed for the reasons mentioned above. Now, if I see a new, shiny title available on GP and can't wait for a sale, whelp, I have enough Microsoft Rewards points stashed to get 2-3 free months of Game Pass... so it'll be that. ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

2 years ago

this month i skip\pause,not like games they put,rusler have many dlcs separate expensive,mafia would not be hard to see it discounted in future,others i not like and is not good value for giveaways or tradetoo , next month we will see if thy put good quality games i hope

2 years ago

Looks like goodbye to Mac, Linux users. Read here.

2 years ago

Has any one paused and received the usual $4/$6 discount if you unpause coupon yet?

I was kinda hoping to do this since my last Humble Choice was in like September 2020.

2 years ago

if it will be really bad after 2 months i will probably cancel.

2 years ago

i still have the humble choice classic and i dont know why, theres been like 5 games from the last half a year ive been interested in. At this point im convinced im just adding more low tier games to pokedex

2 years ago

I heard that Humble gift links are a potential risk to your account since they are trackable.
I am trying to understand how region locks work a bit better.

It says "Mafia" and "Rebel Cops" have region locks. If I purchase this month's choices, and revealed the key for each game (excluding those 2 region locked ones), then would those keys be fine for a global giveaway?

For "Mafia" it says "Everyone else (NA, Africa?): {sub/462253} (WW)"
I am in Canada (CA), which should fall under "Everyone else". I think "(WW)" means Worldwide, so would this would also be giftable in a global giveaway?

2 years ago*

See op and the links to the subs on steamdb.info
Your keys have no region lock

2 years ago

Thanks, so it should be fine. I already know about SteamDB and subs, but from my understanding those messages are for when trading/gifting through Steam directly. I asked here because Humble says:

"It's important to note that some of the games provided may have region restrictions! This is dependent on the title as not every game has restrictions. If your Humble Choice subscription is tied to your account then it will be tied to your region. If your friend lives elsewhere, they may not be able to redeem the key properly."
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036684093-Humble-Choice-Gifting-Information

I didn't want to reveal a bunch of keys if they were going to be locked to Canada.

2 years ago

If you click on 'create gift link' it will always ask you again whether you really wanna create it. For region locked keys, it will then also show the locked countries or the countries the key will work for. If it doesn't mention any countries at all, it means it's a region free key. This is also how people here figure the region locks, then the appropriate sub can be found on steamdb and then linked in OP.

Simply put, if you wanna know if your HB key is region locked, just click create gift link, then abbort.

2 years ago*

Thanks, I will keep all that in mind. Only problem is you can't click "Create gift link" while paused. Either way, thank you for explaining. I now know how to read these discussions each month and will be able to tell if they're region locked.

2 years ago

Yeah that obviously only works if you bought/unlocked the bundle but it's pretty much the way to figure out. I should have checked this thread before unlocking this month, my Steam account is Canadian but I live in the EU and subscribed to HB using my local payment method and the EU mafia key that I got did not work on my Steam account even though my IP is in Europe. Valve have changed region restrictions for the worse, vpn/ip changes will no longer work as it used to work a couple of years ago.

2 years ago*

Keep in mind that al long as some countries get region locked keys, you will see this countries list no matter if the key you get is actually ROW or not.

You can't judge region locks solely on whether you see a pop-up or not when you try to create a gift link. When I list them in the OP I always consider them in correlation with what packages exist on SteamDB, on the publisher's history of bundled keys, and most importantly besed on what other users report.

Humble Bundle notifications have always been misleading and are never to be taken just as they are shown.

2 years ago

Little question:

So as a Classic suscriber who pays in โ‚ฌuros and has been pausing every month for longer than a year... If I never buy throught Humble Store... It is better for me to cancel my suscrition and resuscribe for an interesting bundle in case one of those appear in the future...

Am I correct?

(I have understood that europeans who stick to Classic in February will end up paying more for the same products, because pay rates will stick to Dollar$ instead of being converted to โ‚ฌuros, [or something like that...])

2 years ago

that is correct

2 years ago

Thank you.

2 years ago

if you have been pausing each month for a year or more why bother subscribing at all?

2 years ago

I wanted to believe...

Apart from that they constantly offered me 4$ off every time I paused, I was going to use that discount, but no worthy bundle appeared.

And yes, I would probably had more discount if I desuscribed and came back in a nice offer, but those ones usually aimed to have you tied for more than a month.

2 years ago

It cost nothing to pause and keep the $12 price of an already existing subscription. If they had classic, they subbed a good while ago - for a month they wanted.

2 years ago

i never buy anything through Humble Store, should i cancel my classic subscription now (i'm from Portugal btw) ?

2 years ago

Did exactly that. Was subscribed since Monthly initially started from the very beginning.

2 years ago

Se continuares com o classic no final vais estar a pagar mais pelo preรงo que podes adquirir mais barato e pelos mesmos jogos.
Se nรฃo vais usar o desconto na loja vai acabar por nรฃo compensar ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป melhor cancelar e comprar mesmo quando aparecer algo bacano.

2 years ago

obrigado

2 years ago

$6 Humble Choice this month only!
Looking for a great game to play? We got you. Come back to Humble Choice with this dynamic deal, and get all of Januaryโ€˜s games for only $6!

Own Mafia: Definitive Edition, Iron Harvest, and Project Winter โ€” plus add even more great PC games to your collection. Offer ends January 31!

Sadly not $2, and only one month.

2 years ago

You get this offer in a e-mail ?

2 years ago

yes. (Return to Humble Choice for only $6!) is the title

2 years ago

Yes thanks, also get a message for it, high chance i take it :)

2 years ago

Just received this mail as well.
Had Mafia: Definitive Edition and Iron Harvest on my wishlist, so for $6 it looked like a really good deal for me and I took it.

2 years ago

are they still sending the emails? didn't receive this

2 years ago

Were you on pause or did you unsubscribe? I'm on pause and didn't receive anything

2 years ago

i'm on pause too and nothing here

2 years ago

must be unsub

2 years ago

I paused in the first week and just received an email with the $6 coupon.

2 years ago

unsubbed.

2 years ago

Thanks!
I unsubscribed, we'll see what happens. In any case the new system of Humble Choice is starting next month, so I don't think I'm risking too much by doing that.

2 years ago

I paused in the first week and just received an email with the $6 coupon.

2 years ago

Haha, I really picked the wrong strategy ^^ unsubbed this morning, so I haven't gotten any email

2 years ago

I get this offer too. I take it :)

2 years ago

were you on pause or unsubbed?

2 years ago

unsubscribe

2 years ago

I got this offer too. I took it ^^

2 years ago

thanks for the info :)

2 years ago

To take this or wait for next week and see if they do better...

2 years ago

Not bad I think, really considering it

2 years ago

Thank, I thought they wil stop begging since there will be new plan in February, but apparently it is worth for them even for just 1 month

2 years ago

I thought so too. Guess the numbers weren't good enough and they needed a booast

2 years ago

It never makes sense to pause anymore with a sub, just unsubscribe and HB will take care of you :)

2 years ago

If they would guarantee that 6$, that would be nice.... would be a shame to unsubscribe, then only having the $20 option :D

2 years ago

Have a backup plan or something.

2 years ago

It is the good old I pay $12 for it, I'm just hoping for a coupon, I still have a week+
It's nice even for $12, but you know, I'm not the person that refuses a discount :D

2 years ago

And this is they why they so happily ban multiple accounts...

2 years ago

Of course. I was thinking about I'm late for the wave of coupons, it seems. May that be my biggest problem this month ^^

2 years ago

This time I wouldn't have bought it without a discount, it has really little appeal for me, not liking the Mafia series. But here it is (I was paused Classic, for anyone interested)! And I'll buy it.

2 years ago

Got this email just now as well. Kinda surprised I even got it despite being paused instead of unsubbed lol, but I'm not complaining. I think they sent out the coupons to unsubbed first, then paused.

2 years ago

Just got it! I was paused, not unsubbed.

2 years ago

Got a 6$ mail today. I was paused, not unsubbed.

2 years ago

Got this offer while i was paused. Glad i waited

2 years ago

I just received the "Come back to Humble Choice [...] for only $6!" coupon as someone who'd paused. not cancelled.

2 years ago

Can confirm, I got it too when paused.

2 years ago

Me too, this was just what I was hoping for. I think $6 is a fair price for these games :)

2 years ago

When I click the coupon even though I'm paused it does nothing. Any ideas?
I'm on classic plan and this is my last month after an annual sub.

2 years ago

If you are on annual sub, you sadly can't use the coupon as it is applied when you are being charged.

2 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, yeah it makes sense now...

2 years ago

does SEA key for Mafia Definitive Edition work in India?

2 years ago

yes.

2 years ago

thank you :)

2 years ago

I wonder what are the possibilities to get the 6$ offer. I would gladly get it with that price.

2 years ago

I got the coupon yesterday. I had paused my sub about a week ago.

2 years ago

I didn't get the $6 coupon email yet, but if I go to the choice page and try to resubscribe it lets me get it for $6 for 1 month. So anyone else who didn't get the mail may find this method worth checking.

2 years ago

Doesn't work for me... But good for you, you're lucky!

2 years ago

No luck with me too, have fun with your games!

2 years ago

I was canceled and planned take classic, got also that choice for 5โ‚ฌ. On payment it gave error, but succesfuly charged me for only 5โ‚ฌ. That feels a bit like robbery, I wanted 3 games which worths for me 13โ‚ฌ for classic.

2 years ago

happened with me as well

2 years ago

I think iron harvest, rustler and mafia are enough for me, also I received a 4$ discount coupon so I'll definitely buy the bundle :)

2 years ago

Return to Humble Choice for only $6!

Yasssss, pausing paid off!
It was pretty okay for me, but for 6$ this is great :)

2 years ago

It's really not too shabby at $6. I did the yearly deal at around $9 a month. Not to complain since $9 is often a steal but, I do regret locking myself in with all these coupons floating about lol. And I still have 4 months or so after a year has already passed so ehh.

2 years ago

paused or unsuscribed?

2 years ago

Pausing doesn't give you anything because you're still subscribed and they already got your money

2 years ago

I paid month by month, they get none of my money upfront

2 years ago

Ok, this is weird though since you're actually still subscribed. Guess in this case pausing is the same thing as unsubscribing. As someone who's plan expires in a year, because I get charged annually, I never get anything when I pause, and last year I skipped about 5 months.

2 years ago

Paused

2 years ago

Paused, the best offer I ever get is $4 off, I'm going to wait until next month changes, if they don't improve I will cancel the subscription instead of pausing.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.