HDMI, D-Sub (VGA)
USB 3.0, 2.0 front and rear
500W power supply
Motherboard AsRock FM2A68M-HD+

Here's a GA.
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/pOAd4/kiai-resonance

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I think so but I would wait to see what someone more knowledgeable has to say.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

8 gb is enough unless you go for 800$+. RAM is pricy nowadays.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

8GB is baseline. 16GB is futureproof for two computers.

6 years ago

He asked if 300 bucks is ok for this setup. ofc 16GB is better.

6 years ago

The only "futureproof" you need with RAM is making sure you either have free slots or are ready to waste or resell your old sticks when you upgrade later.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Depends what you intend to play. If you're okay playing games that aren't graphically intensive it will suit your needs.

But if you want to play the "latest" (read last 4 years) on high or ultra settings I would recommend continuing your search.

6 years ago

For what? Gaming? Not even. Normal, everyday web surfing and essay typing? Yeah.

• More memory space. 1 terabyte is steadily becoming the normal in the coming years.
  • Buy a better power supply unit and a non HD graphics card if you want to play graphic intensive games
6 years ago

^ This

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Bump

6 years ago

Any interest in used PC? maybe some part that still have warranty. You can get much better spec for that price.
CPU: Pentium-i7 depend on gen/model
GPU: GTX1050 (1050TI is recommended)
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 500GB 7200RPM (1TB is recommended)
PSU: Any PSU for Pentium-i3 (external is recommended), external PSU for i5-i7.

6 years ago*

The worst parts are the 500 W PSU. 300 would be enough.
And windows. I dont like it. But thats only my personal opinion.

6 years ago

Its not a bad build for the $$. Stick a gtx 1050 ti in it & you're good. (if you're ok with it)

Only problem with adding upgrades is that a $300 outdated pc suddenly turns into a $500+ pc & for that $$, you can build with newer current generation parts.

6 years ago*

Ditch the AMD stuff or enjoy having stuff not work without a monthly patch.

6 years ago

Nvidia/Intel fanboy detected? Had both and I can't say that either was better than the other.

6 years ago

AMD sucker detected.

6 years ago

Nope, just a person who considers a product in itself and not the brand.

6 years ago

Same with me. I bought Intel for over a decade, and I've been really happy with my Ryzen build. I haven't had any issues and I haven't needed any 'patches' at all.

6 years ago

No problems with my Ryzen here!

6 years ago

If you're asking if the $300 PC is a good gaming PC deal. as-is, my answer is no. The Radeon's performance is too poor. If you're intending that this be your final, complete system, you would be better served spending $260 for the following refurbished HP box from Newegg with a 1030 GT GPU:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5966NR6173

Consider the following data from Notebookcheck.com:

Game at 1920x1080 resolution Radeon 7560D 1030 GT
Bioshock Infinite 7fps 37fps (ultra quality)
Battlefield 4 6fps 32fps (ultra quality)
GTA V N/A 39fps (high quality)
DOOM N/A 29fps (high quality)

While those numbers for the 1030 GT could be better (a 1050ti or 1060 card handles most games at full HD very well), there probably isn't going to be anything you can't play at 720p using a TV as a monitor. Even at lowered resolution, many games would be unplayable on the Radeon.

Now, I don't think I can recommend the HP system if you have any hopes of upgrading it - the small form-factor case and PSU may make GPU upgrades effectively impossible - but it's an interesting alternative within that price range.

If you're planning on buying the $300 PC then immediately replacing the video card, the 500W PSU will be powerful enough. As to whether it's a good deal, however, I haven't done a lot of shopping in this price range. The CPU is old and both the PSU and case brands are unknown (I'm a fan of good cases, and if it were me, if it were a tacky gamer case, I'd take points off for that). I think I would shop around more and see what else is available in my price range. In terms of gaming performance, GPU is going to be your single biggest factor, so keep in mind whether you plan to use the one that comes with the PC or swap in a new one.

6 years ago

This is the best recommendation here.

Why? Because he backs his suggestions up with FACTS!

6 years ago

absolutely no. fm2 not for games.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

6 years ago

^^

6 years ago

Simply no. Unless all you want to do is browse the web, it's garbage.

I'd suggest buying a new CPU, MOBO, PSU, Case and Storage and getting a used GPU and RAM because they are currently extremely expensive. This way you'll end up spending 100-150$ more, yet you'll have a decent PC that you'll be able to use in the near, at least, future. In any case, I'd stay away from that build, 'cause it is a waste of money.

If you don't wanna spend those extra 100-150$, here have a build. You'll be able to play some games on in even if it lacks a GPU and it costs 16$ more (as long as you live in US).

6 years ago*

I suggest the same. That build is really old and only thing of worth it has is Win 10 license. New system with integrated GPU will last longer, cost not that much more and probably be comparable performance-wise with that old Radeon. After a while you can add 1050 Ti and have a decent PC.

6 years ago

CPU, MB (1151 have very good upgrade opportunities), PSU - new. HDD - can use old or buy used on 500GB for start. Also we can buy 4 Gb of Ram not 8 and add it latter (not the best idea but if its money question its good). The same goes for case just buy used. This helps to get moneу to buy used 1050\1050ti or something similar from AMD.

6 years ago

I don't know what you trying to say, but that's what I already said, give or take.

6 years ago

that pc is better than mine T_T

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

6 years ago

For the price? It's great.
Just don't expect to play new-ish games on it.

6 years ago

I wouldn't recommend buying this system today. It's circa 2012.

If it's for you, I'd wait until after the holidays when some people get new toys and sell the ones they have now.

If it's for a gift, I recommend you see:
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

On the sidebar they have a guide showing how you can build a better PC for less money.

6 years ago

It's really good. And, for that price, it's awesome! Just don't expect to play all the recent AAA games, but you'll be able to play a lot of good games.

6 years ago

For the price, maybe, but only because Windows 10 Pro is kind of expensive. But considering it's likely an OEM version an so probably valid only for the lifetime of this particular PC, I'm not sure that's as great value as it sounds. Few people need the Pro version anyway.

In general, it's a crappy PC, basic and slow. While not stated, I'd guess that the RAM is slow, the HDD is surely slow, and the power supply is some no-name.

So unless this is just a general use PC for someone with no demands at all, I'd suggest going for a better build, something like what Aseed suggested.

Edit: This for $206 sounds like a better deal (similarly slow RAM and HDD, but better CPU), with enough money left to stick a cheap discrete GPU in there.

6 years ago*

nope

6 years ago

Both CPU and iGPU are dated. There is no upgrade path for CPU...

It works for casual-casual games. But I wouldn't spend money on it at this point.

6 years ago*

I have the exact same processor, the same amount of RAM, switched the graphics card from an AMD one a bit weaker than yours to a Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB last summer. Switched the PSU as well to a 630W Enermax. It all works perfectly and I can play the brand new titles (and no, I don't play them on low/medium). The only problem could be the processor, because it is weak for my graphics card and I know she can do more :D

I got 1TB of space, which clearly you can add as well, so don't get thrown off by people who say its a bad PC because it has a 500GB HDD xD :D Those comments make me shake my head so much xD

All in all, if you can wait - save up some more money and buy something you can use for the newest titles. Meaning - buy something with a better graphics card. If you are in the States - I cry for your Newegg deals, so look there :D

6 years ago

I wouldn't buy a fn2 tbh

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.