Hey guys, you all have been so helpful in figuring out what to get this summer sale and I thought I could use your help one last time! So I have 5.50 in USD and idk what to buy! I was thinking of getting Huniepop but I feel like it would be a waste of money. Any recommendations?

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Why would HuniePop be a waste ? :O

7 years ago

Well I watched someone on YouTube play it so I know what happens and everything

7 years ago

Hum yeah, I think if you have seen it all it doesn't it really make any sense to buy it, unless you like to hunt for the games achievements or something.
Any other games you might be interested in?

7 years ago

Yeah I don't really care about achievements, just playing. I don't really know what else to buy O.o

7 years ago

What about the witcher games? You seem to like RPG's and the second game is pretty cheap.

7 years ago

Meh I tried the Witcher 1 and it wasn't that interesting and the Witcher 2 cant really run well on my laptop

7 years ago

Jeah 1 is a bit clunky and 2 really needs a good pc, even for its age.
What about Mass Effect?

7 years ago

I already own the trilogy of it on my PS3 actually. Although that's a good idea

7 years ago

I hope I do not only post bad ideas xD

Oh well, one last recommendation, then I stop the spam. What about...... Metro ?

Edit: Oh wait... maybe too much for the laptop.... and the old version is no longer available.... Oh well

7 years ago

Oh yeah I bought one of them a year ago but ended up returning it. I kind of do want to get one of them. Which one is better?

7 years ago

I haven't played the redux of the first game (2033), but I would say that both are pretty equal. I would probably just choose the first one, so the story doesn't get spoiled for me.

7 years ago

What is the name of the first one exactly? O.o

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

That's confusing lol, ill add it to the list though. Thanks for the help!

7 years ago

Okay it seems i completely messed that up.

Metro 2033 : is the original and first game
Metro Last Light : is the successor* and second game in the saga and THIS game was removed
Metro Last Light - Redux : this is nearly the same game as Last Light, that's why the old one got removed
Metro 2033 - Redux : this is the remake of the first game, with new graphics

as this is based on a book, I messed that up. 2034 is the second book of the saga. I apologize for the confusion!

7 years ago*

Thanks, no problem for the mess up lol. So you recommend getting Metro 2033 Redux instead of Last Light Redux?

7 years ago

That's the one I haven't played and I think they changed some stuff here and there compared to the non-redux version. But the main reason to choose this one over Last Light, is that you would really spoil an interesting story, if you played Last Light first.

7 years ago

Ill add the regular one to the list then, thanks for all your help!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

I don't see Metro 2034, I only see the Last Light version?

7 years ago

typo corrected, too -.-*** I should just shut up and play games....

7 years ago

Here's the non-redux version of 2033 http://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/?snr=1_5_9__300

7 years ago

I got a few cheaper games that are just amazing to play. Not sure if you would like them, but you could take a look:

Game Corp DX is an amazing little game (won't give you a lot of hours though) for about 1 - 2 bucks. And I also got Train Valley, which is a great little game. Not big either, but also around the 2 bucks. So far I had a ton of fun in those, so you might like them :D

Also, if you've not tried them, you might like the classic Rollercoaster Tycoon games (1 and 2). Not sure about the price, but they are so much fun and can last you for a long time.

7 years ago

Train Valley looked super interesting, is it a sandbox type game? Or a level based one?

7 years ago

Level, but you can play sandbox on all levels. Have not tried that yet though, since I'm still going through all the levels right now (near the end it actually gets pretty hard as well).

7 years ago

How does it get hard? Isnt it just like a toy train simulator?

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

One of the reasons I wanted to buy it lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 years ago

Huniepop it's a good game. And if you're turned off by the visual novel/rpg-ish style, it's still a good match 3 game. Also you'll get some of your money by selling it's trading cards, so it's a win-win!

7 years ago

True... Although I already saw it on YouTube so the kind of game where I already know whats going to happen etc

7 years ago

Depends on what your tastes are. What do YOU like and maybe we can make some reccomendations.

7 years ago

I like all kinds of games!

7 years ago

Crypt of the NecroDancer

7 years ago

That's a possibility. I don't remember why I added it to my wishlist but after taking another look it seems interesting

7 years ago

There are much better games than that. You can buy This War of Mine for example or Fable Anniversary.

7 years ago

I actually bought Fable but I tried This War of Mine a little while ago and really didn't like it

7 years ago

7 years ago

The images for OPUS look kind of confusing O.o its a bunch of pictures of space

7 years ago

opus would be too much, fam

7 years ago

Fibbage XL is a good party game.

7 years ago

3089 looks kind of interesting. Is it like an open world fallout type game but with super weird graphics?

7 years ago

not really, but it is open world

7 years ago

Are there like villages and such? Or is it like open world but your on your own?

7 years ago

it's procedurally generated, there are buildings, but there aren't any people, only robots.

7 years ago

Ah Interesting.. Ill add it to the list then. Thanks!

7 years ago

7 years ago

Is it one of those RTS type top-down games?

7 years ago

top-down shooter :D

7 years ago

Interesting, ill add it to the list of possible games, thanks!

7 years ago

Mount and Blade Warband
and 3089 (5089 is better but more expensive)

7 years ago

I saw this before and noticed how so many people got it. Is there any game you can compare it to? I cant seem to figure out what kind of game it is exactly

7 years ago

M&B or 3089?

7 years ago

M&B

7 years ago

The only game that can compare M&B:W to it's the first M&B :p
I'm not the best at explaining things but:

M&B is a sandbox rpg game were you are a random guy who can become a noble at the service of a king, a king, a merchant, a bandit or whatever you want, it's up to you

You can build an army(at first with farmers and such, they can get experience and level up to better units)
You can help a kingdom on the war with onother kingdom
You can be an outlaw
You can even make your own kingdom
You can do other 10000 things

Also there are lots of good quality mods(about differents eras, about fantasy, etc)

Well, as I said i'm not the best at explaining things(a gameplay will help in this) but what I can say is that it's one the best single player experience I've ever had on a videogame
There is multiplayer(battles only) but i play only in singleplayer

Obviosly my opinion is completely biased since it's one of my favorite games of all time :p

7 years ago

It sounds super interesting, ill watch a gameplay video to get more information though. Thanks!

7 years ago

its similar (but different) to skyrim. Has more RPG elements, less of a story. The first one felt like they took Dungeons and Dragons table-top game and made it into a video game.

7 years ago

I do love D&D lol. Is it only filled with battles? The gameplay I watched was just this giant battle. Can you visit towns and such? Talk with people?

7 years ago

In the original I think there were towns you could visit. At one point in the game you may have been able to become leader or something and manage a town but idk you'd have to check that. I got it on GOG and played little of it.

7 years ago

Interesting. I think ill end up getting this game to see what all they hype is about. Plus it looks like it will easily run on my laptop.

7 years ago

I didnt check if you already have it, but if you like classics jrpgs, give a try to
Doom&Destiny -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/318130/?snr=1_5_9__300
or the advance version thats on early access. Great game XD

7 years ago

i was trying to get pony island for 3 usd perhaps it is of your taste too

dont be guided by the name

7 years ago

I saw a little bit on YouTube so I know what its generally about. But it didn't really seem interesting

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

I don't have anyone else to play it with lol

7 years ago

7 years ago

None of the games look that interesting at the moment O.o Thanks for the recommendations though!

7 years ago

I saw you have the original bioshock in your account. If you liked it you could get the second one. it's an fps with a solid story

For more of a puzzle you could get Portal 2. Haven't played the first one so couldn't recommend it, but I'm probably gonna sell some CS:GO Skins to get it :P

I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham games. More of an action brawler with a few puzzles.

Far Cry 3 is supposed to be really good (maybe the best in the series) and I enjoyed Far Cry 2 & 4.

NOT A HERO is an action-packed platformer made by the people who made the Hotline Miami games (if you do decide on this I wouldn't purchase the 'Global Megalord Edition', since [from steam]: The Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition comes with a digital artbook, exclusive behind the scenes documentary, and a collection of desktop background, sound and icons set found in the game's folder on your computer. AKA: Nothing that would give you something like more levels or characters)

Garry's Mod, while an older game on the source engine, is a game that offers hours of fun with hundreds of community made game modes, and starts you off in an almost literal sandbox, with all of the half-life 2 models ready to be toyed with. Some game modes (including the popular Trouble in Terrorist Town) pull textures or other files from other steam games. A popular one they pull from is Counter-Strike: Source. If you need the files, but don't need the game (like myself), then you can get those here

Orion: Prelude is cheap enough as it is, but during the sale it's a staggering $0.49 USD. While recent reviews have given negative feedback due to some drama over devs stealing the game from each other, the game itself is a blast. It's as if Halo met dinosaurs. Definitely one to play with your friends.

Those are my recommendations. I tried to provide a variety of games, and I looked at what you played the most on steam, but i think I ended up settling for action games I really liked >.< Oh well.

7 years ago

Turns out I actually have a ton of the games you recommended but I don't have Orion and Gmod because I don't have anyone to play with. I have every other game though (All of them on my PS3 and one on the computer ). Thanks for the recommendations though!

7 years ago

lol sorry I could only check your steam

7 years ago

Lol don't worry about it!

7 years ago

I would recommend Torchlight II, Half-Life 2 (they have a demo so you can try whether you like it or not), Saints Row: The Third - Full Package, BattleBlock Theater, Rage, Trine and Trine 2.
Actually you can buy more than one from the list above (for example Trine and Trine 2) from the $5.5 you have :)

7 years ago

You don't need to try HL2's demo. Just buy the game straight away, it's damn worth it.

7 years ago

Yeah, that's true. I've played it through 3 times and I'm sure there will be even more playthroughs for me :D

7 years ago

I actually have tried all of the games you listed lol. But thanks for recommending some good games!

7 years ago

Bastion and Transistor ARE a MUST.

7 years ago

I have Transistor and do love it but I think I should finish Transistor before getting Bastion.

7 years ago

They're not alike, they're different games with different stories. But they are both from the same developpers, which means both their experiences are amazing, I tried Bastion years ago and I loved it, I tired Transistor and I loved it, I recommend them both to anyone, in any order they prefer.

7 years ago

Oh yeah I knew they were different in terms of story but I think they have the same if not similar gameplay right?

7 years ago

Very different gameplay. Bastion doesn't have any of the slow down/strategy mechanics transistor has, it's more of an ARPG

7 years ago

Well you like Survival stuff, plus things with guns and bows and stuff. I would probably recommend Tomb Raider, though I would save up some card money and get the complete package. You probably already played it, but if not, could be a solid choice. Far Cry 3 has the same pricing, as well, and would be a solid choice. $5 each for the Base games or $7.49 for the better packages.

Perhaps the Chivalry complete pack. If you can stand to play games online, that is a blast. I typically hate multiplayer, but I did have some fun with it. Just think of it like the medieval type games that you play, but you get to use your weapons against other people using the same weapons. I haven't tried the DLC, but the original game is a lot of fun.

7 years ago

I actually already played and finished Tomb Raider on my brothers account as well as Far Cry 3. I also cannot stand online games because my internet sucks half the time, sorry. But thanks for the recommendations!

7 years ago

I think at this point, seeing as how you reject all recommendations due to playing elsewhere, that perhaps you should think about just picking out games yourself. I recommend this, simply because one is limited by the small amount of game types you seem to play, as well as not having prior knowledge of games you play elsewhere. Add in the whole money limitation and quality of sales, it is getting to the point where you will have either overpay for something you really want or buy a collection of lower priced games. Either way, it would be hard to predict what you are looking for. I mean pretty much every similar game to what you play you either own or have already played elsewhere.

I'm saying this as the person that recommended Kingdoms of Amalur on your other thread, you are a pain to pick for. You bought the only two games that made sense to recommend to you, that you hadn't already played.

What I would do would be to install the SteamDB extension, then start playing with this. Then you can locate specific targets, base on anything you are looking for. Tags, features, prices, ratings, etc... It will do a much better job with you than any of us will, at this point.

7 years ago

I totally understand, I'm pretty annoying in general but I have a hard time trying to decide between things. I wish I could have specified games that I had already played but I don't really expect what people recommend so its hard to warn people of what I have played on different consoles. But I don't hate you for it or anything, I totally agree with you.
Anyway, ill try doing what you said and getting SteamDB and experimenting with that, thanks!

7 years ago

• How to Survive 2
  • Windward
  • Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic
  • GRAV
  • Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
  • 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2

All of them under 5.5$

7 years ago

What did they change from How to Survive to How to Survive 2? I have the first one but never finished it

7 years ago

Hello :D
I don't know. I have only the How to Survive too :)

7 years ago

Ah I see, no problem. Thanks for the recommendations :)

7 years ago

Get Rising Storm, a fantastic FPS that you can't miss.

7 years ago

Woah it actually looks really cool. But I doubt my laptop can run it >.>

7 years ago

neptunia games?

7 years ago

I have the first, didn't really like it. But I love Fairy Fencer F

7 years ago

• Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Skullgirls
  • The Floor is Jelly
  • Castle Crashers
  • Lakeview Cabin Collection
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer

Any of this?

7 years ago

payday 2
remember me
valkyria chronicles
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Killer is Dead
insurgency

7 years ago

Hotline Miami 1 + 2 Combo Pack 4,99€

You might like it.

7 years ago

I have never played it, but I'm gonna suggest Ben and Ed. I think it looks super fun, and I really want it =D

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

I got it during this sale actually but that's a great thing to recommend, I love it so far

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by kyro90.