Loot Play Monthly - January 2019

Order by January 16th at 9pm PT, available only for US customers

Codes delivered on: 16th January

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

Previous bundles:

Monthly digital “crate” of five indie games will be delivered on the 16th of every month! Loot Play is currently only available in the United States. Codes are PC only, redeemable through Steam once received.

Subscription

Subscribe before January 16th at 9pm PT to receive the January Loot Play Bundle

Available only for US customers

Subscription plans

• 1 month: $11.99 / month
  • 3 months: $11.49 / month
  • 6 months: $10.99 / month
  • 12 months: $10.00 / month

Comicbook.com article abut this series of bundles
Reddit threads about Loot Crate

Games

Tower of Time initial reveal + 4 more games revealed on January 16th at 9pm PT

If you're a new customer, use OFFERS15 coupon for a 15% discount.

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Details Bundled Retail Price
Tower of Time 88% of 608 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    0 $24.99
Star Story: The Horizon Escape 89% of 74 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    2 $14.99
Use Your Words 82% of 167 reviews - 🏆    Giveaways    1 $14.99
Redie 82% of 87 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    0 $9.99
Miner Meltdown 73% of 75 reviews 🏆    Giveaways    1 $6.99

Retail:

• $71.95

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Easy pass or easy buy?

View Results
[Yes, reveal game] I can't resist getting Tower of Time at this price. It's a better deal that what I would normally get in a Steam sale.
[Yes, faith in mystery games] So far, the games featured have been a pretty good mix for me. I'll bite this time.
[Subscriber] Well, I went down that path. I guess it's one more month for me.
[Maybe] There's plenty of time after the Steam Winter Sale to decide wether I buy this or not.
[No buy] This isn't a good deal compared to Humble Monthly.

So far these have been less of an actual bundle than merely a trap offer where the house always wins.
Their physical boxes seem to be pretty similar.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

they have now OFFERS15 coupon for new customers if someone interested

5 years ago

Tower of Time is tempting, and on my wishlist, but so far they have their bundles have not been impressive. And, at least one game that was never before bundled (Neurovoider) ended up in other bundles soon after.

So... probably pass...

5 years ago

Too bad it's US only. Otherwise i would have given it a try.

5 years ago

this post made me find that its at -40% on steam... :)

5 years ago

tower of time is on my whislist ... but i'm not american
why this restriction :(

5 years ago

+1 for "tempting and on my wishlist"

5 years ago

The full contents will be revealed in a few hours. Last time to purchase it.

5 years ago

Two of their three early reveals so far have caught my eye including this one, but they haven't been so good for me that its worth taking a chance on the mystery games which thus far are meh or I already have them.
Do we know for a fact that the Steam KEYS themselves are actually locked to US only, or do we just assume that because loot crate says the SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE US ONLY? https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018348551-Loot-Play-FAQ
Maybe only Americans can buy because they haven't worked out international payment processors, but for all we know the keys are Global or ROW

5 years ago

Revealed:

Tower of Time
Star Story: The Horizon Escape
Use Your Words
Redie
Miner Meltdown

5 years ago

Ouch.

5 years ago

At least Tower of Time and Redie were unbundled. The others were 10 or 15 cents each in indiegala groupbuys though. Ouch indeed.

5 years ago

If the bundle weren't so expensive it would actually be an okay line-up. But a Monthly's worth??

5 years ago

Updated, thanks!

5 years ago

Wow what a shitty bundle, I haven't been thrilled about the others but this is the worst so far. Definitely regret buying a year of this and I obviously wouldn't recommend this subscription to others. Non-US customers dodged a bullet here

5 years ago

I haven't tried, but it looks like you can buy it outside of US? At least I can access the bundle page. (Not that I am going to throw my money for such a low value bundle)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

November had Crossing Souls which is good, but NeuroVoider was in the following Humble Monthly and the rest were repeats. December's games aren't super exciting but I didn't have any of them so I wasn't too upset. January has Tower of Time which looks good but Redie doesn't interest me and I own the rest.

I only bought this subscription because Chrono.gg does the curation but this is hurting their reputation in my eyes

5 years ago

When bundling games you have to look at other bundle sites with price points and what's offered. Humble Monthly charges the same price. It includes AAA games, more monthly games than this bundle offers as well as the HB trove.

Lootplay Monthly is about indie games and that's great but to justify a $12 price point they to fill it with indie games of proven quality like their early reveal, Tower Of Time. I'd try to stay away from anything bundled already if they could.

This bundle feels like a cross between an indiegala bundle and a fanatical bundle that would probably have a $4 to $6 price tag.

5 years ago*

I was quite enticed by Tower of Time but I'm glad I didn't buy, $12 for a bunch of rebundled games is far from worth it. It has the same price tag as Humble Monthly but it's terrible by comparison.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.