Furry
Weeabo

3 - people making fun of them

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

+1

7 years ago

Was going to say something similar, but why do so when you've already done it so nicely? =)

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

My upvote belongs to you~

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I love you :3

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

Exactly. The fact that someone needs to make fun of other people tells a lot about that person's character.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

This is the best comment in the entire thread! And it's even the first one!
Sees poster's username
W-What? A-Are you OK? You're actually defending weebs? Perhaps you...
Also, no gif? I think I have a fitting one!

View attached image.
7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1. Neither one is worse. Sure, sometimes fanatics are just downright annoying, but hey, who's to say when someone just needs to make fun of them?

7 years ago*

You cant get enough +1s for this

7 years ago

Let's join the +1 train.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

View attached image.
7 years ago

^

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Come on can't I have fun at other's expense? I can't have fun anymore in this SJW hell! M-Muh freedom of speech.

7 years ago

+1000

7 years ago

very good very nice

7 years ago

+1, what's the problem with either of them? Respect different people!

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

I have recently learned the word "emoji" is Japanese in origin. When people started calling them that, I started hating them. I have made my choice.

7 years ago

Yeah, how dare those Japanese get to name something something they pioneered!

7 years ago

When i was a kid they were called emoticon and the Japanese did not make them they just made more of them.

7 years ago

Well, emoticons were specifically the typed ones like this: :)

Which are much less unpleasant than many of them I have to deal with these days.

7 years ago

Japanese ones are also typed out and they have substituted them with images.
Chat programs used them for a decade before they somehow found new crazy popularity.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Thats what i said they didnt invent them they just made more of them. Expanding on the series is not really a creation of an idea.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

You are arguing semantics I'm just stating a fact to the dude who said the Japanese invented them.

7 years ago

Eh, some weeabos (weeaboes? weeabi?) are definitely insufferable, but for the most part there are plenty of quiet weeabaies who aren't offensive or terrible in any way, same with furries. However, while most weeaboaes are fine, there are definitely a terrible minority who are the categorical worst. I'm basically one step away from a weeabo (the part where you think Japan is a magical wonderland eludes me, but I watch the occasional anime) and I can't stand them. On the other hand, while some furries are tolerable, there are definitely some that go to creepy or way beyond, past safe fetish into "I forgot the safe word and can't make it stop" and that's a little disgusting, especially when you come to such extremes as otherkin. If it stays a private matter, I don't care, but when it becomes a public thing it just hurts me. (I used to be a Sonic fan when I was a kid, and the furry section of the fanbase has basically spoiled my childhood by yiffing all over it, so I'm not very forgiving.)

7 years ago

I used to be a Sonic fan when I was a kid, and the furry section of the fanbase has basically spoiled my childhood

I am so happy I don't give a shit about Sonic right now.

7 years ago

Why does it matter?

7 years ago

people who actively spend time of their life hating on things they dont understand or care for.

7 years ago

!

7 years ago

1- You
2- you can ignore a weeb, but it is a physical impossibility to ignore a furry.

7 years ago

I managed just fine

7 years ago

What the heck are those? What did i miss again..

7 years ago

What do you mean by worse? That group a arbitrarily sucks more than group b? Something about social awkwardness? Something else entirely?

Why are you assuming they're mutually exclusive?

And how far do you want to take this inquiry?

7 years ago

Oh yay, another "let's try to piss of certain group of people for their appreciation of a certain thing I dislike" thread.
Disclaimer: I am not a furry and barely ever watch anime (although I used to). I'm posting this comment not to defend anyone from either group, but to defend the sake of good behavior on a forum. Getting tired of these bullshit threads.

7 years ago

+1 There are way too many negative / bullshit threads lately. Can't we all just respect the way other people like to life their live?

7 years ago

You are, for making this thread.

7 years ago

Personally I think its whats on the inside that matters.

7 years ago

There's an important distinction to be had between weeaboos and, for a lack of better words, "japanophiles". If you're just a fan of anime and japanese stuff, that's fine. Even if you're into it where you may jokingly refer to yourself or likeminded friends as "weebs" that doesn't necessarily reflect anything negative on you.

What truly becomes problematic, at least in scenarios where it is being pushed upon/affecting others, are "weeaboos" who go so far as to effectively renounce their own culture, and hoisting Japanese culture in place of their own as superior when they truthfully have a very shallow and limited understanding of it.

View attached image.
7 years ago

"Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama" -> "my name is Ken and I'm very sorry my extreme arrogance is showing ?"

"I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect" -> eh... Kanji is a script, not a dialect, and it's Kansai (= region) dialect instead of Osaka (= big city in said region)

And I'm sure a true Japanophile can pick up more bullshit. I'm just going by what I picked up through interest in various world-wide pop-cultures.

7 years ago

Did the I'm 27 and I want to attend a prestigious High School not signal that the text isn't serious?

7 years ago

Missed that, probably because schooling levels and how they're called also vary a lot world-wide.

And unfortunately, just because it's bad enough to make someone's head explode doesn't mean it isn't serious.

7 years ago*

"I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier."

Um, where exactly in Asian countries- no scratch that, where in the world does people wear their own traditional attire for their everyday life?

7 years ago*

For some reason reminded me of a story: tall guy - basketball player tall - was in Tokyo, and when he was travelling in metro/subway, everyone was looking at him like some sort of weirdo, including the guy in Sailor Moon costume.

7 years ago

I am not saying that either of them is bad

I am. They're both bad :3 and weeaboos are worse

7 years ago

lel'd

7 years ago

You can't say that, you're support.

7 years ago

Please tell us how they affected your life

7 years ago

Furries are truly disturbing.

7 years ago

Hello, I'm here to disturb you spooky

7 years ago

3 - Actual Otaku
4- People who has no hobbies and wants to make fun of those with actual commitment Hobbies that can actually make money off trading.

7 years ago

Funny, because there are Japanese people who think everything Murican is inherently better. Country/culture worshipping, especially when it has a Western/Eastern polarity (or sometimes Northern/Southern) has been around for as long as long-distance travel and commerce existed. And people have also lived with it quite nice.

Fur fetish is also a thing for a long time, although I have to admit, when it comes to sexual attraction, it is creepy (at least try to want to fuck your own species…).

7 years ago

I guess it has to do with the appeal of the exotic. Same reason light skinned people want to be tanned and often risk skin cancer doing it while people in Africa and Japan use toxic skin whitening creams.

7 years ago

at least try to want to fuck your own species…

I don't think that quite came out the way you thought it...

7 years ago

Yiffing is never what one expects... nor wants to remember.

7 years ago

I always see furry stuff but I don't know from where it comes , or what it is , D: am I a strange person because of that? xD

7 years ago

I like waifus

7 years ago

I have some friends who are furries,they're nice people,however,don't really have any weaboo friends.

7 years ago

"I am not saying that either of them is bad" then why the hell to you phrase your question exactly that way?
You could have asked which one is better, you could have used less derogatory terms and phrased yourself nicer in general.
Why do you even need to compare two minority groups? What is the point of asking questions like these in the first place other than to pointlessly provoke and offend others?
I think this is a lame excuse for just spreading hate on the forums. I've seen a lot on shit on this website but never something like this.

7 years ago*

Why do you even need to compare two minority groups? What is the point of asking questions like these in the first place other than to pointlessly provoke and offend others?

SteamGifts "...it's the spirit?"

7 years ago

what is weaboo

7 years ago

I had to look it up, but someone who thinks that only because it comes from Japan, it must be better than anything else.

7 years ago

oh, wow, I usually think the reverse thing :P

7 years ago

What the media purported Phil Fish to be then.

7 years ago

TOP DEFINITION
Weeaboo
Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.
I told that weeaboo girl over there that Inuyasha sucks. She slapped me across the face and proceded to cuss me out in Japanese.

taken from urban dictionary hehre

7 years ago

what is a furry?

7 years ago

Someone who cultivates and grooms their armpit hair.

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

ok i googled it, and furry are worse, weeaboos just people who love japan and its culture(nothing wrong on it)

7 years ago

Yeah... now try to get the concept of Yiffing out of your mind once you learn it.

7 years ago

This thread is ripe with the smell of closed minds.

7 years ago

Open minds were not quite, but almost more expensive, we just placed an order for a bunch of closed ones and hoped for the better.

7 years ago

Me :x

7 years ago

Everybody needs a hobby :)
Weeaboos, Furries....
What about 1D/Bieber fans, or Adele worshipers, metal freaks, anyone that is "too much" of a fan of something?
It's all the same obsession.
As long as they aren't harming others like those other obsessed maniacs out there, I don't really care :)
I've never been a fanatic, I don't think...

7 years ago

+1.

As long as they are not hurting anyone else... Fanatics are all over the place, from music to sports teams, to different cultures than their own.

7 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Kirikagure.