i was on Level 5 .. now on 4.. why i lost level points? i hope anyone can answer me in German, sorry my english isnt good :)

Riri

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Given game lost value probably.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Sadly it can, but it's not a common occurence. (At least for me it's not)

7 years ago

Oh really >.< i did not know that I can lose points

7 years ago

You can lose points if one of two things happens:
The value of a game changes on steam (the value of a game is its current value on steam, not the value it had when you made the giveaway).
A game got retroactively bundled. The bundle list has to be updated manually, so there's a delay between a game getting added to a bundle and it getting on the list.

7 years ago

Will the game fall to the bundle value if I've made a non-bundled giveaway before it was in the bundle at all? A month before for example?

7 years ago

No, as long as your giveaway is from before the bundle date, or at least from before a game was announced to be in a bundle, you're safe

7 years ago

I guessed as much, but I wasn't completely sure.
It's good to know that 100% now though. Thanks.

7 years ago

No, you're not safe. Games can be marked as "bundled" that have never been in a bundle simply because some countries can buy it for much cheaper than other countries.

I was level 4 dropped all the way back down to level 2. So I am speaking from experience.

7 years ago

I touched on that in the previous post:

7 years ago

No, if you made the giveaway before the bundle or a discount of around 95% then you'll keep getting the full CV.

7 years ago

Manche Spiele, die zb nicht bundled waren und dann irgenwann in einem Bundle erscheinen, werden natürlich weniger Points bekommen und alle Giveaways die du gemacht hast, damit auch. das variiert ständig hin und her. aber eigentlich kannst sicher sein, das alle spiele irgendwann mal in einem bundle kommen und dadurch das Level sinkt, wie auch Spiele deren Preis sich ändert auf Steam

7 years ago

Falsch!
Man verliert nur nachträglich CV, wenn man das Spiel nach dem (rückwirkenden) Datum verlost hat, an dem das Bundle erschien oder der hohe (größer als 95% gegenüber dem US Steam Store) Nachlass gewährt wurde.

Der "Bundled" Status wird immer rückwirkend gesetzt, da es eine Person alleine manuell macht. Meistens innerhalb weniger Tage, selten auch mal Monate später.

Bsp.:
Giveaway für Spiel A am 5.1. -> Vollen CV.
Spiel A ist seit heute in einem Bundle -> ab heute nur noch 15%CV

Giveaway für Spiel B am 3.6. -Vollen CV
Spiel B war schon am 6.3. im russischen Steam Store mit einem Nachlass von 97% zu kaufen (nach Währungsumrechnung) gegenüber dem Preis in US$ -> Bundle Status rückwirkend zum 6.3. - Man "verliert" CV

7 years ago

genau, das habe ich doch gesagt, was ist daran falsch ??? es wird rückwirkend weniger punkte geben. vielleicht hab ich mich falsch ausgedrückt, aber das meinte ich

7 years ago

Ich habe dich so verstanden, dass alle alte Giveaways nur noch 15% des CVs bringen, nachdem das Spiel in einem Bundle ist.
Das gilt nur für Giveaways, die nach dem "bundled date" beginnen. Für alle Giveaways die älter sind gibt es keine Reduktion des CV.

Falls ich dich falsch verstanden habe, entschuldige ich mich für das harsche "falsch".

7 years ago

kein problem, hab mich wohl falsch ausgedrückt, is aber auch schlecht zu erklären :)

7 years ago

Der Wert errechnet sich auf Grundlage des Preises bei Steam.. wenn sich der Standardpreis da verringert, dann auch der Wert den man hier bekommt. Könnten aber auch andere Gründe sein, wie, dass ein Spiel als gebundled kategorisiert wird. Dann bekommt man nur einen Teil des Preises gutgeschrieben. Da die Spiele manuell als gebundled eingetragen werden (wenn sie in einem Bundle auftauchen oder generell irgendwo auf der Welt für 5% des umgerechneten Preises verfügbar sind oder so), kann es auch vorkommen, dass sich der zugeschriebene Wert verringert.

7 years ago

Huhu,

Danke für eure Antworten, jetzt habe ich es verstanden, wusste ich vorher nicht, hatte mich nämlich gewundert warum meine Punkte immer abwärts gehen, kaufe sie meist als bundle :)

Thanks for your Answers! :)

Riri

7 years ago

Think it is unfair...it should only affect new giveaways....the ones who gave out in full price/non-bundled time...should retain their points.

7 years ago

If you gave a game before its bundle date, you still get full value.

7 years ago

but not if the price drop

7 years ago

No, that's true. Considering what a mess the steam API is when it comes to reporting the value of a game, this system is better than you keeping the value of the game at the point of the giveaway.

7 years ago

Everyone else gave the reasons, i just want to add that if you're concerned about levels, i advise that you only give away games that are already bundled. More games go from unbundled to bundled than go from bundled to free, however, this method doesn't account for price changes.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

You gave away a game you obtained for free. It's just as well that you don't obtain any CV for it.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago*

Sorry, you'll have to work harder than that to get credit for games you got for free, then gave away to a small group.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.