2nd week: Wednesday 21 EET
3rd week: Thursday 23 EET
4th week: Wednesday 20 EET + Friday 20 EET

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

got in the queue and then got fucked off :D nothin

1 decade ago

Same here. Literally queqed as soon as it started and got nothing.

1 decade ago

after more than 15 hours straight of sitting still refreshing the damn thing ... i go to sleep for a couple of minutes and BAM all keys gone ,

thanx alot .... really apreciated -.- , yes i know it's free stuff and i shouldn't complain but those bots that got half of the keys if not more don't deserve it more than i do -__-

1 decade ago

thats a lie, no one would waste that much time for just another game to their steam library that they will never even install.

1 decade ago

if you're talking about my steam library .. those all are relatively new and giving my shitty connection (1mb/s :120KB/s ), i can only download a game or two at a time :) (waiting to get a better connection and more HDD space)

and yes i did waste that much time .. ofc not ALL the time was for that page , but it was like (i'll look at this AND I'LL REFRESH every 10 seconds) kind of thing ,

1 decade ago

i really get you, stayed there 3 hours (actually like 5 minutes before&after the hour, for 3 hours) thought they wouldn't give it anymore so i went to have dinner and of course what happened? they put them up!! >8( i'm gonna murder my karma gods if i ever get to them!! aaanyway oh well, here's to hoping next time will end differently(spoiler: it probably wont=P)

1 decade ago

lol :D

1 decade ago

same boat as you. i spent the whole damn day refreshing since they made the "within 24 hours" announcement just in case they pull a fast one. and ofcourse, they decided release the keys late and exactly the same time i start work.

1 decade ago

you realise you could've moved your ass and got 3x the profit.

Thief is like $50, you really don't deserve the game if you were waiting 15 hours, to get a free $50 item.

15 hours x $5/hour = $75.

Think of the damage you've done to your eyes, watching the screen for 15 hours.

1 decade ago

i love how ignorant some people look like when they try to give morals and whatnot ,

first , you don't know where i live .. nor my financial status and how "easy" it is for you to get 75$ ,

second , i do use my pc everyday for various tasks including gaming and watching tv/youtube for hours .. i did not overdo my "eyes" because that's my normal use time , ofc i do take breaks to do other stuff but this time i mostly waited for the GA because it's the weekend ,

oh well .. people and their assumptions really amuse me sometimes :)

1 decade ago

even if you're living in a country where the average wage is like 1.50 $

if you had worked 15 hours straight, you'd have gotten 22,50 $. And even for that money you could have traded you like 2 copies of the game.

1 decade ago

lol
blsho y36ok 7km w mwa3ez xD
:P

1 decade ago

Wait what

1 decade ago

you know what ? whatever i'm not arguing anything :) ,

but here's a hint on where do i live :
A) it's considered the shittiest country in the world according to the news now , and B) it barely has internet anymore

oh and btw , i already HAVE theif and it's sitting in my library now , you know why did i wait for that ? BECAUSE I WANTED TO PUT A GOOD WASTE TO MY NOT-SO-IMPORTANT TIME and try to get a code to gift it here to some people (even in this thread) that couldn't make it because of they're sleeping or in school , i wanted to give them a fair chance since i had nothing important to do that day ..

but yeah you're right ... what a pussy i am for not buying a 50$ game (btw the dollar exchange has risen to 5 times what it was 3 years earlier ... so for me a 50$ game is like paying 250$)

so yeah , you and your first world thinking do not apply to every freaking human on this earth right now , stop making assumptions when you know so little to none ...

1 decade ago

easy ;) i've managed to be online when they started the giveaway, and i managed to press "get key" during first 30 sec, but still got nothing. So it's more a matter of pure luck.

1 decade ago

First, I never implied that ur a pussy or anything, I just wanted to point out that there always are some ways to make money. I also couldnt know that u wanted to get it for making a giveaway here, which would be very generous.

Second, the game only costs 50 $ in the store. Theres tons of people offering it for around 8 tf2 keys.

I'm also a bit curious now how u managed to afford the Thief copy u already, when its pricetag is like 250 $ in your country.

1 decade ago

i won it before in a similar giveaway :p ,

anyways i think that the case is closed now .. have a nice day :) :D

1 decade ago

Wonder if they'll add other games soon

1 decade ago

Honestly I'd say don't bother. I was live when the keys went up and they were gone before I could refresh. Probably full of people with bots and auto-crap. I hate the world.

1 decade ago

I got the key and i haven't used any bots, just luck and amd said on Facebook when the giveaway would have started

1 decade ago

Yeah, Facebook, but they fucked up people who use Twitter.

1 decade ago

Wat? I got notification from Twitter.

1 decade ago

Damn, I've turn on observe on wrong profile :facepalm:

1 decade ago

Darn, I chose the wrong time to take a nap. :P Ah well, I've still got to play through the originals anyway.

1 decade ago

By the way, 750 gone and 250 coming soon, not 720.

1 decade ago

I got in queue it was still showing 175keys left, then I received an email saying: fak u no keys left!

1 decade ago

would be funny if that was actually the original email content :3

1 decade ago

lol

1 decade ago

Can anyone confirm that the code they give for Ramdisk 64gb is totally free or discounted ?

1 decade ago

It was a 10 $ discount.

1 decade ago

thanks mate
so $9 to pay

1 decade ago

For people that didn't win, and cba spending time f5'ing.
Create Twitter account if you havent got one, install TweetDeck, follow @AMDRadeon and set TweetDeck to show notification alert and play sound when @AMDRadeon tweets anything, you cant miss it.

Then when it's live, refresh AWA giveaway website at full hour (sync windows time), and when you are about to grab it - click it ONCE and wait patiently, we all know the website is kinda slow then - if you keep clicking continuosly it will just keep refreshing/restarting trying to load the page and u will just be even more behind in queue.

And ofc make sure you are logged in @ AWA website... = profit.

1 decade ago

Tried that, didn't work. After clicking "redeem key" received "too many requests".

1 decade ago

And I also got they runned out of keys when there were 208 keys left, I felt like shit when I received a mail for them saying that.

1 decade ago

Tried that, TweetDeck failed me by not even reading the tweet, it displayed other tweets but not the one I was looking for... so just great, uninstall.

1 decade ago

I use TweetCaster on my android. It can isolate handles and notify of every post by that twitter account (it shows that tweet separately).

1 decade ago

Missed it by 5 hours. damn

1 decade ago

madjoki: Shouldn't the "720" in the thread title be "750"?

1 decade ago

yes. 2 and 5 are just too near.

1 decade ago

The Thief page in the Steam store now says you get genuine TF2 items and Dota 2 items if you pre-order

For those lucky people who got the game, do you play either of those games and if so did you get those items?

1 decade ago

TF2 and DOTA2 items are only for Steam-preorders.

1 decade ago

Well bah
Thanks for letting me know :)

1 decade ago

Does Thief contain the preorder DLC Bank mission?

1 decade ago

No.

1 decade ago

Why not? I already have it in my Library before it came out so I'm guessing it's Pre-Purchased edition.

1 decade ago

It depends on key, not when activated.

1 decade ago

Pre-order is only Steam/retailer exclusive. Your key is different.

1 decade ago

Because AMD is giving a normal edition, not a pre-ordered one.

1 decade ago

they didn't give me my key :(

1 decade ago

I tried to log in 2 minutes after they put it, there were 50 left, click on Get Key and got an error saying too many requests from my IP >.>

Tried again and got 'queue closed, all keys are gone...'

I lost hope. I'm probably not meant to get one. Oh well.

1 decade ago

Look at that BULLSHIT.
And I entered before when there were 220 keys left but it gave me an error so I refreshed.
I STILL DIDN'T GET MY GOD DAMN KEY.

1 decade ago

So I'm guessing you never got the key. I wonder how many actual people get these keys.

Edit: Ahh you ninja edited your post. Good luck for next time (if you attempt to get one).

1 decade ago

I entered at 240 when it gave me an error. Entered successfully at 220. Yet, no key.

1 decade ago

It gave me the error to when I did it on 240, yet it still gave me a key.

1 decade ago

I was in the queue at 235, Faking Alienware servers can't even handle so many people properly. So, why buy their PCs? haha xD

1 decade ago

End has come :(

1 decade ago

and this time they haven't announced ga at all! nor on twitter nor on facebook...

1 decade ago

yeah missed (again) because of this. Guess most went to bots/auto refreshers.

Edit: I have the games, but I'd store key incase they add games in future :)

1 decade ago

@AMDRadeon: Due to technical difficulties our post didn;t go out yesterday, we will be giving another batch away Feb. 28 to make up for this.

1 decade ago

There is still hope! Thanks for posing this info <3

1 decade ago

Got 'Too many Requests'! I'm so happy. :<

1 decade ago

Finally managed to get one, so happy :D

1 decade ago

I was waiting like an idiot on na.alienwarearena.com, but the counter never moved from 0. Finally tried over at www.alienwarearena.com but it was down to 150 keys and the queue was already full. Kept refreshing both site and the keys never appeared on the na site.

1 decade ago

Ah, so that's why my stupid eu.alienwarearena.com didn't show any keys :(

1 decade ago

Mine did at eu.

1 decade ago

Same here. :/

1 decade ago

Finally won a key and it's used xD

1 decade ago

used???

1 decade ago

Yes, it tells that the UID has already been used and almost anyone that got a key today has the same problem :/

1 decade ago

hope they fix this soon! :(

1 decade ago

AMD code or the actual Steam key?

1 decade ago

AMD Code

1 decade ago

Yep, same here. :(

1 decade ago

same here

1 decade ago

Same here :(

1 decade ago

and here

1 decade ago

Why do they do them like this still? It's obvious a lot of people use bots and scams and cheap/cheat tactics to get more then 1 key.

1 decade ago

Because it's already enough trouble to get keys to give for free, they don't give a damn about the distributions' specifics; and I can't blame them.

1 decade ago

still not get any :(

1 decade ago

I got one and i'm not a bot :P I failed with all the previous ones though :(

1 decade ago

I was lucky enough to win today after all these times I have tried. One question though, before they reveal you the steam keys of the games you chose, there was a screen mentioning optional rewards. The one was AMD Ramdisk(a program) and the other one was a game, does anyone remember what game it was? I passed it quickly :/

1 decade ago

Firefall

1 decade ago

Firefall beta

1 decade ago

Will this game be free to play or just the beta is only free at the moment? because the optional reward was a pack with in-game stuff and don't know if I can go back reusing my code just to claim that reward.

1 decade ago

OMG I GOT A KEY OF THIEF AND DIRT 3 I'M HAPPY!

1 decade ago

Entered queue @ 229 keys and got a message at the end that they could not assign me one. Oh well, wasn't interested in Thief anyway. Was planning to give it away here for my birthday :/

1 decade ago

Entered queue @240. Didn't get any :(

1 decade ago

I entered @240 too and when I refreshed sometimes after a time the counter was still at 240, maybe server lag

1 decade ago

Available Keys means unassigned keys. It doesn't show queue (or substract from Available Keys) lenght.

Which means it's lagged by minutes.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by madjoki.