The Steamville Holiday Market

Shop in the Sale or complete Quests to earn tokens!

Use tokens to get discounts, profile banners, animated chat stickers and more!

How to win cards

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

people have been calculating that we'd get around 2000 of the required 5000 just by doing tasks.

4 years ago

Might get 2-3 games, but that's about it.

4 years ago

If we claim all everyday, what is the max tokens we can we get from quests please ? Enough for the 5$ coupon ?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Thanks but you don't have to spend tokens to complete the sticker quest, you can just by selecting "claim a sticker" :D

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

It wouldn't make sense for Steam to allow that, unfortunately.

4 years ago

Well... You're probably right. sad
Thanks for your time and answer !

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago*

I feared that but wanted anyone else to confirm. Yes we will end probably with 1800 to 2000 so it means at best :
5000 - 2000
3000 / 110
Have to spend 28€ from non-steam wallet funds to get an additional 5€ discount.
Interesting only if you're here everyday and planned to buy a +28€ game.

And thanks a lot for your precise answer ! :D

4 years ago

5€ discount?
na, that would be to good of a deal.

https://i.imgur.com/GdU5Cji.png

4 years ago

Ah yes they even rounded that up, it's like a joke ! XD

4 years ago

Adding funds to your wallet counts as purchase too, so you gonna need to spend like half of your estimated amount to get 5k tokens. Should be around 12€, I guess. ;)

4 years ago

Never fear, Steam has got you covered! Using wallet funds don't give tokens! Now you don't have to be jealous of all the users that are "rich" on Steam wallet having an advantage over you and no one will be able to abuse the deal of adding funds before buying a game!

/sarcasm

4 years ago

I've added some giftcards yesterday to my wallet and got tokens for it, Steam Wallet funds count towards the tokens as long as you add them now and not before the sale.
So all who added funds earlier are pretty much screwed. :/

4 years ago

Up to 2000 tokens

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

i already had a group chat from before the sale, i said hi in it and got the task done!

4 years ago

I also just joined the voice chat for some seconds and worked for me

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

I joined a chat from random steam group 5 mins ago and it worked just fine.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I sent a message to the chat and it worked.

4 years ago

Thank god for trading cards again. Too bad I dont have hundreds of steam accounts :)

4 years ago

Am I the only one who gets either a message that the store page cannot be displayed or that I don't have enough memory to display the page? I'm using Chrome.

4 years ago

stop buing games and buy more RAM for your computer.

4 years ago

Thats a good joke! lol

4 years ago

135€ of Christmas gifts for people later... can someone please take my wallet away from me, please.... thanks.

4 years ago

Now that you have emptied it, no, I don't want it. :D

4 years ago

Hmmmm you got a point there, if it is empty I can't use it either :D

4 years ago

Oh wow, that's a lot of gifts!

4 years ago

Only 22 of them for 10 people :P

4 years ago

Got 6 cheap games that will be below 10 hours to 100% from my wishlist just to work on shortening it a little.

But I might get a few more games to play with a friend if we can find something fun. Does anyone have any recommendations for fun online games that 2 people can play? PAYDAY 2 is a big favorite for us but we've also played pretty varied games like Portal 2, Hearts of Iron 4, Overcooked 2 and others.

4 years ago

have you tried Battleblock Theater yet? i don't enjoy many co-op games but that one was a riot.

4 years ago

No, but sounds like something to look into! It isn't very expensive either.

4 years ago

Trine series if you like platformer, Borderlands for FPS.

Haven't played myself yet but Astroneer and Risk of Rain 2 are popular and look like fun.

4 years ago

Battleblock Theater, ibb & obb, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Kalimba (remote play).

4 years ago

Deep Rock Galactic.
Amazing games and great devs. Very frequent updates. Technically in early access, but it never feels that way while playing.

4 years ago

I second this :)

4 years ago

I've had this one on my WL for ages. I know it's primarily a multiplayer game, but do you know if it's worth playing solo?

4 years ago

Solo works well. And I do play it solo a lot of times. But it really shines in multiplayer. When you play solo you get an Ai Bot to help you out who can do unique things to help you out like revive you if you die, mine for you, etc. So its still fun solo. But usually there are plenty of people playing online, and its not very hard to find multiplayer games. I would recommend buying it.

4 years ago

OK good to know. Thanks for the info! I have a couple of friends that might be interested as well so will try to convince them :)

4 years ago

The escapists 2, killing floor 1 and 2, a hat in time, how to survive 1 and 2, zombie army trilogy and god's trigger are few of my favourites. I also love Payday 2 so i think our gaming tastes are the same.

4 years ago

I can't get the watch the Yule Log Burn quest to work.

4 years ago

if you are logged in on your browser, just click here YuleLog

have fun :)

4 years ago

Ty

4 years ago

It's relaxing while browsing through the games. :)

4 years ago

That's cause you are using an adblocker. Turn it off and it should auto login to your steam chat. If so, then you are good to go

4 years ago

Wow that "interactive recommender" is worse than its name.
First 10 recommendations: lots of anime games, hidden objects and turn based strategy games. Oh and VR.
And I own/play none of those. Well done, recommender!

4 years ago

Steam knows what's best for you and you will like it!

4 years ago

Haha ain't that the truth!

4 years ago

I think you mean Friend Computer is absolute.

4 years ago

Hehe. Thanks for bringing this game to my attention. Looks interesting.

4 years ago

If we make the discovery list, they give you an article of the event, 3 times a day (3 list)
I'm sorry for my English, I speak Spanish

4 years ago

I do understand

If we go through the discovery queue we get a card drop
we can do this thrice everyday! :)

4 years ago

Exactly

4 years ago

Sadly, no tokens for purchases with steam wallet
:'(

4 years ago

🤔

View attached image.
4 years ago

You have the games, so the 2,51 euro is for the box ;)

4 years ago

lol

4 years ago

Marcio and coley is right , but in their "counts" is taken for granted that all will go ok\perfect , if vice versa there will be some error "unexpected" could need also more than 28€,so yes...this time not a good deal,especially if compared with epic games store 10€ + other 10€ and free games sadly :(
Recently i see also on steam and epic store both some strange overprices for some videogames that before is habit to be released at around 30 euro but now is released at 50 maybe this is related to something about countries economic wars etc.

i not understand also why they block steam market for 3 days if someone gift steam gift cards , this will scared people to buy and gift steam gift cards to others... bah.. :(

4 years ago*

Well it seems that this token nonsense is here to stay.

4 years ago

Looks like it. Steam better stop changing the rules on how you acquire them between each sale, though.

LOTS of people are ticked off about not getting tokens for wallet credit they bought in preparation for the sale. Not to mention the fact that tokens from the Summer Sale aren't carrying over and there's no credit for purchases between sales (like they did in the Lunar and Summer Sales).

4 years ago

Reminder that if you buy something this sale it's a support of the new UI.
It's by design big changes like those are done before the sales, to gauge "damage" by income, really the only voice you'll ever have.
So, if you dislike the new library and wish Valve to hear, don't buy... work on your backlog, venture at GOG.com, or if you really need Steamkeys Humble, Indiegala, GMG, GamersGate, Fanatical etc.
It's the only voice they ever have an interest of hearing.

And thus (even if I obviously reverted to the superior old library) I will not buy something this sale.
It's sad too since after years of boycot I finally planned adding Steam walletcards to my list of x-mas gifts for friends and family, then this happens.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

If that's what you want.
But all we really want is the option for either. You happy, we happy... but Valve gives zero fucks apparently.

4 years ago

After making some numbers is pretty obvious that reaching those 5k tokens for a discount is out of the question for me so this new event is just gonna be a way to get some emotes it'd seem so far.
That said, event cards are back, which means free wallet funds. It's not much even when farming from my 2 alts but it's better than nothing.

4 years ago

another sale, another batch of useless complains.

SG™

View attached image.
4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

tokens and quests and sales oh my...

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Well, damn it, another sale and Valve still hasn't seen fit to grant me my entire wishlist for nothing.
(Thought this was going to be a "best deals" thread. My mistake.)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

Now I dread what will happen on next Lunar Sale. I need that red envelope, Gabe :(

4 years ago

nice

View attached image.
4 years ago

Worth to mention in OP, how you earn card
https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/jASnnaT

4 years ago

added

4 years ago

Wow. I'm so disappointed in the new rules.

I'm in the same boat as many others by the sounds of it: already had Steam Wallet and just bought and redeemed more a couple of days ago ready for the sale, had tokens left from the last big sale, and then also spent a fair bit between sales assuming the token earn would carry over as it did last time.

I won't be buying anything for the time being. I'm hoping Valve at least change the no-tokens-for-wallet-spend rule back again before the end of the sale. :(

Edit: I put in a support request about it, particularly the wallet spend not earning tokens. That one really sucks. :(

4 years ago*

Looks like Valve retroactively added tokens for people who filled up their wallet before the sale, check https://store.steampowered.com/holidaymarket/tokensummary/ ... :)

4 years ago

Yes, I at least earned tokens for my most recent wallet credit. It is better than nothing, but still disappointing. :(

4 years ago

If it's any consolation, I have no way to spend all my surplus tokens. :) Unless they carry over into the next sale/event/whatever, I guess they will all just disappear... :(

4 years ago

Haha. You can't get more badge levels?

I'm actually no more than very remotely interested in any of the stuff except the discount vouchers. After I discovered I could only get one of those regardless of how many tokens I had, my interest in my conversation with Steam support waned, as did my purchasing. I think I've spent something like AUD$20-$30 this time around -- minus $7.50 for the voucher -- but since they already have my money in the form of wallet credits, it's not as though it matters to Valve, I suppose. I imagine it's better for them if I never spend it.

I might buy a few other bits and pieces, but there's not really any time pressure pushing me to buy them now instead of in the next sale.

I guess I'll get some badge levels or something with my remaining tokens if nothing else happens to change the rules ... . I would assume that carrying tokens over to the next sale won't happen anymore, since it didn't this time. I just feel rather underwhelmed. sigh

4 years ago

That badge https://steamcommunity.com/my/badges/44 only goes up to Level 15, so once you buy the single-use discount voucher, and all the other crap nobody's ever going to use, there's nothing left. No great loss, I suppose. :)

And I thought I'd been able to grab several vouchers, but it only worked a single time. :( Not like paying $100 to save $5 makes any kind of sense, but it would have been nice to get some "free" games with vouchers after I bought a pile of games with real money. :)

So far the only good thing about this sale for me was finally being able to craft the mountain of badges I'd been accumulating all year. I didn't see any great discounts on any games I actually wanted to play, but that's been the case for the past few years anyway. There's probably a lot of nice discounts on stuff I don't actually want, but I haven't started hunting for those yet - Steam is just too big. :(

Oh, there was a price glitch on some ancient Disney game, maybe https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126190/Disney_Classic_Games_Aladdin_and_The_Lion_King/ ? It was a 99% discount if you already owned something else, but I'm never going to install the thing so it feels like a waste of money even at 20 cents or whatever it was. :)

4 years ago

Hahaha. I didn't see the Disney thing, but I suspect I didn't have the other game(s) it needed to get the discount anyway.

My wishlist doesn't ever seem to get under 2000 and there's some stuff on there that I don't even remember adding, so every sale it's an effort to check what's cheap. I should delete the whole lot and start again, but then I'm worried I'll miss some nice-looking thing that I'll never play. sigh I sort of got demotivated this time with all the token rubbish. Maybe I'll get around to it next week ... .

The sale trading cards were a big surprise to me, though. I was sure they wouldn't ever come back! I bet you must be happy about that one. :)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.