Hey,
I want to collect some people for my brand new whitelist. The thing is, I would like to have some idea about who is getting the keys. Also, I like collecting stories, it's kind of a hobby.

So here's how we'll play it:
Write a story from your life in the comments. It can be long or short, funny or sad, inspiring or weird, doesn't matter. The subject also doesn't matter - you, your cat, love, the city you picked to live in, school story, job story, travel story, pick whatever you want.
The only rule about it is that it would be nice if it would be a true story. I'll pick around 50-60 people for the whitelist.

Oh, yeah, one more thing - I don't care about your level or ratio, as long as you're following the basic rules of SteamGifts.

Update:
Thank you all for sharing stories!
Here's a little something for all participants.

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Cool idea...not sure if people will actually give out real stories.

I'm going to edit this post after seeing what some other ppl write :P

8 years ago

Story of my life You say? "I don't know what I'm doing" sums it up :P

8 years ago

I heard that no one really knows what he's doing, but it's a secret.

8 years ago

Video games ruined my life, fortunately I have two more left!

8 years ago*

On the first date with a cute girl I stomped into a dildo lying abandoned on the ground in the centre of the city. I crushed on the ground and she laughed for around 30 minutes. I still wonder why she didn't want to go out with me again... (true story of my life)

8 years ago

Why... Why there was an abandoned dildo on the ground in the city centre? ;o
It reminded me my first meeting with one guy, we were walking through the city and talking, then suddenly he walked into a stop sign, bumped off and fell. We're best friends ever since.
Added you to whitelist.

8 years ago

Sometimes I think it's better to not know things... In this case I don't want to know the purpose of that dildo, I really don't want to
Anyway added you to mine. Are you still best friends?

8 years ago

Last week I cut my finger while cutting carrots, it was pretty deep and I fainted in the bathroom, lost consciousness for about five seconds, hit my head while falling, fml

8 years ago

Poor you! hug I'm adding you to balance your karma.

8 years ago

If pl in your nick is real I'm just gonna say : Dziękuję :3

8 years ago

Stop cutting carrots in the bathroom!

8 years ago

Today just fucked up my first test in my finals :/

8 years ago

Once I fall in love with a girl named Selene, didn't end well for me, but I have Steam

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I just picked up a brand new copy of The Art of Neil Gaiman for about €7. That makes me happy.

8 years ago

I keep failing my exams! Damn it! D:

8 years ago

No games for you then. Study!

8 years ago

Actually, next exams are in June, so I can play now :)

8 years ago

The last job title I had before moving to this country was "chief ice cream maker"
I would wake up, look out the window, and decide what time to go to work based on the weather. I was making smiles all day long (not to mention the frequent tasting) and my brother pointed out that we lived on top of a liquor store and owned a blender.
Greatest job ever!

8 years ago

I would love to see a movie about that made by Wes Anderson.
Added!

8 years ago

For a biography, that would only be a snippet in a very entertaining book

8 years ago

One day,when I play on pc call to me phone and I heard a child's voice "Mr buy some coal from me".I said no and that child say "fuck you".
Maybe that story isn't funny but weird.

8 years ago

I heard that naughty children in Bulgaria are getting coal for Christmas instead of presents.
Added.

8 years ago

Today Just played dota on japan server and met russians there gg russian dotka

8 years ago

nice idea. my story is sad but true, director treat interns and helpers as slave. we normally worked from 8:30am (which could be 4:00am depends on the needs), work until midnight 1-2am. and treat us badly and rude.
Therefore when she fell down when having the catwalk, we all can't hide our happiness lol

8 years ago

I know that feel, being an intern can really suck.
Added.

8 years ago

yay, intern = flexible workforce
btw she even wants me to extend my intern period. That's a definitely no!

Edit: oh, and thanks for adding me on your whitelist :)

8 years ago

I'm 28 yo and i will be a proud father in august :)

8 years ago

Congratulations! :)

8 years ago

Thx :)

8 years ago

Congratulations and good luck :)

8 years ago

Dzięki :) dopiero teraz zauważyłem, że masz w nicku "pl"

8 years ago

One day me and my friends challenged each other to eat some of sugarless Haribo (consuming more then 20 will result in gastric exorcism). They are pretty good in taste so I ate some more then 20 along with friends. 3 hours later I started my 4 hour toilet adventure - never again.

8 years ago

Looks like I can't apply, as I have no life :,) Video games and books, bro, that's it

8 years ago

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

8 years ago

Ahh, but are they my lives, or anothers that I am seeing only a small portion of?

8 years ago

This is a story I told my friends again and again since it's kinda funny and entertaining: it was my first time (if you know what I mean), I was younger and I went to my girlfriend's house since her father was always away for work untill 8 pm and her mother was on holiday with her sister and her grandma. It was noon so we had lunch together and later, while we were watching a film it all "started". We went to bed and "began". But, in the middle of the "action" we heard the sound of the key in the lock of the door.
You know the expression "to feel your blood run cold"? That was exactly what I felt in a second fraction (with all the hydraulic pressure implications; it almost disappeared! Always if you know what I mean), and I swear I dunno how I had that ninja reaction but I jumped away kicking my clothes under her bed and, completely naked, I hid in her ward robe.
The bottom line? Her father came back home to have lunch so he stayed there a couple of hours (during which I stayed naked and freaking scared in the wardrobe) and only after that hermit naked waiting I could continue what I began earlier.

8 years ago

at least you got to continue...

8 years ago

One day I received an SMS from an unknown number, saying that the meeting with the colonel (I don´t know any colonel) would take place at 7pm.
I could have just ignored the message and go on with my life, but no, I decided to reply it.
So I replied saying: "Ok, I'll get there naked".
One minute later the number calls me asking who was talking.
I told him a fake name and almost pooped on my pants.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

hope u are not live in Tainan.

8 years ago

I was born in a country that no longer exists, have sold cuckoo clocks and done industrial espionage for a big brand of fried chicken, controlled scientific experiments on sleep and have been an actual "rain man", advertised for cookies and been paid for testing hotels in french Caribbean islands.
Sometimes, I'm tired.

8 years ago

Well, that's an interesting biography.
Added.

8 years ago

All of this is true.
But I feel I haven't really answered to the assignment. It's not really personal.
Maybe another time.
Thanks for the WL !

8 years ago

I'm going to write about something that must be the proudest moment of my life. One, where I felt that I made the difference, not sure if it's true or not. It's a rather sad story, but here goes...
So, a few months ago I was just hanging around with someone at his place. He was drinking, I was just chillin' because I'm not into booze. So we were having fun and stuff, he went to another room to have a smoke. When he came back, he was like "please go home". I was like "wtf" and "okay, I get it you're drunk off your ass, but what's that all about". Anyway, I didn't agree to go, because I thought this shit was too weird, and I wanted to know what it's all about, and generally I just don't follow commands unless they make perfect sense to me. Then finally he said something like "I'm going to feel really bad soon.... just go" and took out an empty package of pills from his pocket. I was like OH SHIT. Tried not to panic but it was kind of hard... I brought a bowl and demanded him to puke it all out or I'm gonna call the fuckin' ambulance. I know he's kind of a low-profile guy and doesn't want to visit doctors or bother anyone about his problems, so I kind of wanted to scare him with ambulance without actually making him go through the thing he hates, and possibly end up with this stuff going into his medical records, and maybe endanger his job position or whatever. So there he was, with a bowl, stomach hurting like hell, but he couldn't puke I guess, so he told me to help. I got a toothbrush, and jammed that thing up his throat until he puked. He pissed blood in the morning but still alive and well today. I have no idea if it would have been any different if I wasn't around, but he was kind of helpless and almost asleep during the whole time, so likely it would've been worse.

8 years ago*

WOAH, awesome! You CERTAINLY made the difference!

8 years ago

Sounds like the country I know...
But yea, interesting story

8 years ago

Yeah, depressed young men are our trademark, isn't it.

8 years ago

I was gonna go for depressed everyone, but yea young men suits too :D
Also, getting drunk...

8 years ago

Good job on not panicking. Added for making a difference.

8 years ago

Last year I went to New Caledonia and visited the islands including Isle of Pines and Amadee Lighthouse Island. I was the only tourist of the group to climb a palm tree as high as the local guides and wasn't scared of grabbing the native snakes, crabs and other wildlife. Everyone thought I was fearless/foolhardy.

But one thing really did scare the crap out of me. I was happily snorkling until a small fish, no bigger than an average thumb, started snapping into my lower legs. I screamed like a sissy and got rescued by one of the guides. Needless to say, lol'd and said something in French to the other locals who also lol'd at me. I was now the sissy of the group. -_-

8 years ago

This is the story about my girl friend and my gaming habits ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was a nice day, I was playing video game with my friends on the internet (kind of an online-multiplayer game, we were in a combat, very excited), then that big boss showed up, no, I mean my girlfriend showed up =) she came to my home and asked if I can take her to the supermarket. "Just one moment, I'm playing with my friends.. wait me a little bit sweetheart". Then my girlfriend said:"Its me or that pc, WHO you gonna pick, now?". I swear to God that's the hardest question I have ever had in my life. I know as a boyfriend, I better take care of her, would pay attention to her, and I didn't want to act like a dumb@$$. But also as a man, I will never let anyone get control of something like my gaming habits and I was even playing with my bros! Luckily it's doesn't happen everyday, and a gentleman always says lady first, I couldn't let my relationship was ruined that easy, I think you know how I handled that situation. Girlfriends just become too much of a hassle after a while, we should accept that, they are still great.

When I look back at it I still think that was a frustrating (and funny) moment for me =)

8 years ago

Bros before Hos, dude

8 years ago

And bros understand us more than half of the world, but in this case, something was a higher priority hereヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ
or Chicks before Di*ks j/k

8 years ago

You've gotta teach her the importance of gaming stuff!

8 years ago

You're god damn right bro!

8 years ago

In short fall in one side love, try best to show myself from better side get decent job + go to College to study Physics.
2,5 years latter one side love do not change to mutual, and story ends without off happy end.
Drop college, drop work, and live as neet now :/

8 years ago

I'll add you to the whitelist if you'll promise to get your shit togheter. I dare you

8 years ago

I trying.

8 years ago

I used to play that one game called Arctic Combat. It was available on steam for free with some minor microtransactions. I loved playing it and spent maaaaany happy hours putting bullets into enemies, After ca.10 months, the developer decided to shut it down for good (for probably not making enough profit) ... it was a great game, I miss playing it.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.